The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Conspiracy Theory Forum - Discuss conspiracies and underground dealings


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2011, 09:28 AM   #41
Representative
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: California
Posts: 448

Quote:
Originally Posted by myp View Post
Since when is that "obvious" (that angels/spirits exist)?
I take it you are an anti-Christian?
CatholicCrusader is offline  
Old September 27th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #42
myp
Founding Father
 
myp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: us
Posts: 5,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
I take it you are an anti-Christian?
How do you figure that? I am just saying there is no substantial proof that spirits/angels exist (refuting your point that it is "obvious").

And to answer your question. No. Absolutely not. I support the right for anyone to practice any religion they choose (unlike you).
myp is offline  
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #43
Representative
 
zoldos's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: on Earth
Posts: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21 View Post
Well this forum is for those people who believe in ghosts,people must share their experience with any ghost or supernatural power,if they had any.I have an experience but not with a ghost,it was sort of supernatural power,all in all i do believe in ghosts,what about you.?
I don't believe in ghosts. I like things that can be proven, such as things related to science. And I can't stand all these "ghost hunter" shows on now-a-days. Utter non-sense IMO.
zoldos is offline  
Old June 5th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #44
Intern
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 8

I myself don't believe in ghosts because I feel that it goes against the laws of science and all evidence suggesting they do exist is very distort and never able to be proven. I also have grown up being taught they aren't real, so why would I change my thinking now
Joshy is offline  
Old June 5th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #45
Representative
 
zoldos's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: on Earth
Posts: 236

I have to agree. There just isn't any evidence. All these shows I see I don't consider proof at all, just entertainment.
zoldos is offline  
Old June 6th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #46
Intern
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 36

The one thing that should be taken into consideration is that there is currently no base for scientific fact on the existence of ghosts. There are plenty of theories in what the personal experiences and even physical evidence are.

With the explosion of these ghost hunter type of shows only proves that the general public finds the prospect of ghosts interesting. With some of the video evidence shown does offer some interesting conversations but doubt without reviewing the video myself causes some doubt to enter.

For any testing to find out what might cause a particular haunt, the most widely used piece of equipment is the EMF gauge. The problem with this is that a great portion of groups relay heavily on this to find "hotspots" or sources to lay claim to what some call a high susceptible reaction to EMF's to explain the feelings some people get within an area. Well haven't proven that and to claim that to be your problem and everything is fine is just placing false hope and can lead to other problems, both good and bad.

To close, when experimenting in the search for truth you have to use anything and everything. Now personally I've experienced a few things that I have to place in to a unexplained folder and to come back to and figure out.
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
The GMan is offline  
Old June 6th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #47
Representative
 
zoldos's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: on Earth
Posts: 236

I don't believe in ghosts and I find all these ghost hunter shows to be silly and clearly faked in order to entertain. I'll believe it about as much as I believe that Chris Angel Mind Freak can levitate.
zoldos is offline  
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #48
Intern
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Southern California.
Posts: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoldos View Post
I don't believe in ghosts and I find all these ghost hunter shows to be silly and clearly faked in order to entertain. I'll believe it about as much as I believe that Chris Angel Mind Freak can levitate.
Although I must agree with you on those silly ghost shows, I don't know.. thinking logically it may sound silly, the thought of ghosts roaming the Earth, but then again.. just putting everything into perspective, it might not sound too crazy. I've never really thought about it until now, but I think I do. Just like I think there could definitely be something else out there in the universe, why not in our own little planet?
Exel is offline  
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #49
Representative
 
zoldos's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: on Earth
Posts: 236

I certainly don't doubt there is more to this so called "reality" then we are able to perceive, but as to what that is, I'm not sure. I guess some call it ghosts, some don't.
zoldos is offline  
Old December 26th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #50
Intern
 
6stringnut's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 11

I think that thoughts are things, and if you believe in any thing sooner or later there will be enough evidence for you be convinced of it. I do not believe in "ghosts" but that doesn't mean that I believe in no afterlife, it just means that I haven't seen anything close to proof, but I will say that many people have a vastly different idea of proof and what convinces some doesn't phase others.
6stringnut is offline  
Old December 26th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #51
Intern
 
prosaic2poignant's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Charleston, WV
Posts: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicePudding9 View Post
I actually do believe in ghosts, I mean I've watched a lot of stuff, and I've seen some evidence that ghosts exist, not really evidence, but I'm sure they exist, but like Aliens, ghosts have been magnified much bigger than if there really are ghosts, they must be dead people that are still alive, but can't be seen or touched, I don't know, something like that
Do you really think that television shows and documentaries are proof that ghosts exist? It has been proven that Ghost Hunters and other shows like it, are faked and just there for ratings. How can they be dead people that are still alive if they are dead people? That makes no sense. My question has always been,"If ghosts are people that have died, why do they always have clothes on?" Did their clothes die as well?
prosaic2poignant is offline  
Old December 26th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #52
Representative
 
zoldos's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: on Earth
Posts: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosaic2poignant View Post
Do you really think that television shows and documentaries are proof that ghosts exist? It has been proven that Ghost Hunters and other shows like it, are faked and just there for ratings. How can they be dead people that are still alive if they are dead people? That makes no sense. My question has always been,"If ghosts are people that have died, why do they always have clothes on?" Did their clothes die as well?
I have to agree here....
zoldos is offline  
Old December 26th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #53
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Texas
Posts: 1,975

There is something to the ghost myth, it has existed sense the dawn of man. Just because there is no explanation for it doesn't mean it can't exist. But it us simply a phenomena.
clax is offline  
Old December 26th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #54
Representative
 
zoldos's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: on Earth
Posts: 236

Being an Atheist, and not believing in God, I have a hard time accepting ghosts as this would imply some kind of "after life".

I prefer science and things that can be proven. That may limit my views on some things, but I've been this way for a very long time.
zoldos is offline  
Old December 26th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #55
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Texas
Posts: 1,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoldos View Post
Being an Atheist, and not believing in God, I have a hard time accepting ghosts as this would imply some kind of "after life".

I prefer science and things that can be proven. That may limit my views on some things, but I've been this way for a very long time.
Ghosts wouldn't necessarily reqirer an after life, because if they are indeed more than internal brain waves there is no reason to believe they are dead people.

Atheism only means you don't believe in God, I know many atheists that believe in an after life.
clax is offline  
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #56
Representative
 
zoldos's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: on Earth
Posts: 236

If a ghost isn't a dead person, then what are they? It seems generally accepted that "ghosts" are spirits of the dead that are in some state of "unrest"....
zoldos is offline  
Old December 27th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #57
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoldos View Post
If a ghost isn't a dead person, then what are they? It seems generally accepted that "ghosts" are spirits of the dead that are in some state of "unrest"....
If these things are real, If there are ghosts...the possible reasons we see them are huge.

Extra dimensional
Otherworldly
Next steps......who knows.

The question is not where they come from, or what they are.

The question to me is:

Do They Exist?
tecoyah is offline  
Old December 27th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #58
Representative
 
zoldos's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: on Earth
Posts: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
If these things are real, If there are ghosts...the possible reasons we see them are huge.

Extra dimensional
Otherworldly
Next steps......who knows.

The question is not where they come from, or what they are.

The question to me is:

Do They Exist?
Possible yes. Everyone that reports seeing a ghost always say it was a deceased loved one, or someone that had "died", which supports my original statement...
zoldos is offline  
Old December 27th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #59
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Texas
Posts: 1,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoldos View Post
If a ghost isn't a dead person, then what are they? It seems generally accepted that "ghosts" are spirits of the dead that are in some state of "unrest"....
Demons, light generated phenomena, higher forms of life, energy. I have no idea, kind of the reason why I said not necessarily spirits of dead people.

I treat it as any other phenomena. I don't see them, so I don't like to jump to conclusions.
clax is offline  
Old December 27th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #60
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Texas
Posts: 1,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
If these things are real, If there are ghosts...the possible reasons we see them are huge.

Extra dimensional
Otherworldly
Next steps......who knows.

The question is not where they come from, or what they are.

The question to me is:

Do They Exist?
I agree, but (imo) they absolutely exist, are they more than neurological flotsom, our are they external
clax is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Conspiracy Theories

Tags
ghosts



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.