The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Conspiracy Theory Forum - Discuss conspiracies and underground dealings


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 17th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #1
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,456

12000 yr old civilization

"Compared to Stonehenge, Britain's most famous prehistoric site, they are humble affairs. None of the circles excavated (four out of an estimated 20) are more than 30 meters across. What makes the discovery remarkable are the carvings of boars, foxes, lions, birds, snakes and scorpions, and their age. Dated at around 9,500 BC, these stones are 5,500 years older than the first cities of Mesopotamia, and 7,000 years older than Stonehenge."
http://www.eurasianet.org/department...v041708a.shtml

If this is accurate, could it be that humans were advanced long before the "Cradle of Civilization" began...are we missing a big part of our own history?
tecoyah is offline  
Old November 17th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #2
Senator
 
Cerise's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: England
Posts: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
"Compared to Stonehenge, Britain's most famous prehistoric site, they are humble affairs. None of the circles excavated (four out of an estimated 20) are more than 30 meters across. What makes the discovery remarkable are the carvings of boars, foxes, lions, birds, snakes and scorpions, and their age. Dated at around 9,500 BC, these stones are 5,500 years older than the first cities of Mesopotamia, and 7,000 years older than Stonehenge."
http://www.eurasianet.org/department...v041708a.shtml

If this is accurate, could it be that humans were advanced long before the "Cradle of Civilization" began...are we missing a big part of our own history?
You might enjoy reading The 12th Planet by Zecharia Sitchin. I'm about half way through it and it details events occurring about 11,000 BC.
Cerise is offline  
Old November 17th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #3
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,456

cool...thanx
tecoyah is offline  
Old November 17th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #4
myp
Founding Father
 
myp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: us
Posts: 5,841

Don't many geologists claim that the Sphinx's weathering indicates that it too is around 12,000 years old too?
myp is offline  
Old November 17th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #5
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,456

There are a few theories...interesting stuff.
tecoyah is offline  
Old November 17th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #6
Representative
 
ThirdTerm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: The motherland
Posts: 191







I assume that it was a site of animal worship and researchers found that the Neanderthals and Homo sapience interbred in Israel as late as 37,000 years ago, which gave rise to modern Eurasians and our ancestors who constructed the shrine 12,000 years ago in Turkey naturally inherited Neanderthal culture of animal worship and they eventually reached Britain around 8,000 BC and built Stonehenge from 3,000 BC to 2,000 BC.

http://www.archaeology.org/0811/abstracts/turkey.html

Last edited by ThirdTerm; November 17th, 2012 at 11:18 PM.
ThirdTerm is offline  
Old November 18th, 2012, 04:29 AM   #7
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdTerm View Post






I assume that it was a site of animal worship and researchers found that the Neanderthals and Homo sapience interbred in Israel as late as 37,000 years ago, which gave rise to modern Eurasians and our ancestors who constructed the shrine 12,000 years ago in Turkey naturally inherited Neanderthal culture of animal worship and they eventually reached Britain around 8,000 BC and built Stonehenge from 3,000 BC to 2,000 BC.

http://www.archaeology.org/0811/abstracts/turkey.html
Sometimes I wonder if the 'beautiful giants' in the Torah are neanderthals. They'd only gone extinct 20k years before so an oral history may have survived.
David is offline  
Old November 18th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #8
Representative
 
ThirdTerm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: The motherland
Posts: 191

Little was known about the Neanderthals just a decade ago but recent DNA evidence showed that we are genetically linked to the Neanderthals who actually looked just like us and the Nephilim legend is likely to be based upon the Neanderthals. The Neanderthals were outnumbered by Homo sapience when they were supposed to have ceased to exist as a distinct group of people and Homo sapience and the Neanderthals co-existed for about 50,000 years, long enough to leave their genetic markers in modern humans outside Africa.


Last edited by ThirdTerm; November 18th, 2012 at 11:37 AM.
ThirdTerm is offline  
Old November 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #9
myp
Founding Father
 
myp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: us
Posts: 5,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdTerm View Post
Little was known about the Neanderthals just a decade ago but recent DNA evidence showed that we are genetically linked to the Neanderthals who actually looked just like us and the Nephilim legend is likely to be based upon the Neanderthals.

And you'd expect that. The thing about speciation is that it does have some level of subjectivity because evolution is a gradient as opposed to having well-defined, widespread layers.
myp is offline  
Old November 18th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #10
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by myp View Post
And you'd expect that. The thing about speciation is that it does have some level of subjectivity because evolution is a gradient as opposed to having well-defined, widespread layers.
As I understand it we're the same species (H. Sapiens) with the Neanderthals and ourselves (Sapiens Sapiens) simply being sub-species.
David is offline  
Old November 18th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #11
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
As I understand it we're the same species (H. Sapiens) with the Neanderthals and ourselves (Sapiens Sapiens) simply being sub-species.
That is one way to define it, another being current Homo Sapiens (Sapiens) is the result of combined genetics between what we once were (Homo Sapiens), and Neanderthal species.
tecoyah is offline  
Old November 18th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #12
myp
Founding Father
 
myp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: us
Posts: 5,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
As I understand it we're the same species (H. Sapiens) with the Neanderthals and ourselves (Sapiens Sapiens) simply being sub-species.
From what I knew, we are different species, but I am not a taxonomist, so I looked it up. Turns out, there is disagreement on whether or not we are two different species Homo sapiens and Homo neanderthalensis or whether we are the same species, but just different subspecies. Good example of what I meant when I said speciation is somewhat subjective.
myp is offline  
Old November 18th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #13
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by myp View Post
From what I knew, we are different species, but I am not a taxonomist, so I looked it up. Turns out, there is disagreement on whether or not we are two different species Homo sapiens and Homo neanderthalensis or whether we are the same species, but just different subspecies. Good example of what I meant when I said speciation is somewhat subjective.
When dealing with related species, I define the difference at whether or not 2 populations can reliably breed viable offspring. Thus a house cat and African Lion are different species while a dog and Gray Wolf are simply variants of the same species. As 75% of modern Humans are Neanderthal/Sapiens Sapiens hybrids (heavily favoring the latter), I would define us as sub-species rather then Great Apes that look a lot alike.
David is offline  
Old November 18th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #14
myp
Founding Father
 
myp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: us
Posts: 5,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
When dealing with related species, I define the difference at whether or not 2 populations can reliably breed viable offspring. Thus a house cat and African Lion are different species while a dog and Gray Wolf are simply variants of the same species. As 75% of modern Humans are Neanderthal/Sapiens Sapiens hybrids (heavily favoring the latter), I would define us as sub-species rather then Great Apes that look a lot alike.
It is arguable: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal#Classification

Where are you getting that 75% figure from though? Doesn't seem right. There is even doubt that Netherlands and Sapiens interbreeded to produce fertile offspring: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...-interbreeding
myp is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Conspiracy Theories

Tags
civilization



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Downfall of American Civilization? anewhope Economics 18 April 1st, 2017 07:52 PM
65,000 year old civilization goes extinct. David Current Events 9 February 13th, 2010 12:01 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.