The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Conspiracy Theory Forum - Discuss conspiracies and underground dealings


Thanks Tree25Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2009, 07:45 AM   #21
Representative
 
porsteamboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Philadelphia
Posts: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanhills View Post
lol..... He must have been seriously depraved to have done it so publicly though. Almost like a form of one upmanship?
The WC indicated that Jack Ruby acted on his own and shot Oswald to prevent Jackie from going through a trial. But Jack Ruby was convicted of premeditated murder and sentenced to death. Had his defense been able to prove a crime of passion, under Texas law he would have received 5 yrs. for manslaughter. He went into it thinkig he would only do a couple yrs. However, he made a few statements after his arrest, that made Henery wade go for the death sentence. Ruby stated " I ment to shoot him three times but you got me before I did". and "I planned to kill him Friday night, whenever I got the chance". So, the spur of the moment that the WC put forward, was disproved. Jack Ruby knew from the being in the police station all week end, that Oswald was being transfered at 10 Sunday morning. But he didn't show up at the police station until 11, just so happens, that Oswald's transfer was delayed for a final interview and it, just so happens, to end when Ruby is in the kill zone. Pretty suspcious to me.
porsteamboy is offline  
Old April 27th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #22
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Jack Ruby could not have cared less about the death penalty. He knew he was dyeing and wanted something to leave his family. Now who really sent Ruby to do the dirty deed?
DodgeFB is offline  
Old April 27th, 2009, 11:57 PM   #23
Representative
 
porsteamboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Philadelphia
Posts: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
Jack Ruby could not have cared less about the death penalty. He knew he was dyeing and wanted something to leave his family. Now who really sent Ruby to do the dirty deed?
Ruby ask Earl Warren several times to take him to Washington D.C. because he feared for his LIFE and wanted an oppprtunity to make additional statements. His lawyers appealed to the Texas court of criminal appeals for a new trial. Oct. 1966, Ruby's conviction was overturned and he was waiting a new trial at the time of his death. I don't think, this is the action of a man who cared nothing about the death sentence and knew he was dying. What makes you think that he knew he was dying?
porsteamboy is offline  
Old April 28th, 2009, 03:42 AM   #24
Secretary of State
 
deanhills's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,187

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
Now who really sent Ruby to do the dirty deed?
Exactly, and who arranged for him to be armed?
deanhills is offline  
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:56 AM   #25
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsteamboy View Post
Ruby ask Earl Warren several times to take him to Washington D.C. because he feared for his LIFE and wanted an oppprtunity to make additional statements. His lawyers appealed to the Texas court of criminal appeals for a new trial. Oct. 1966, Ruby's conviction was overturned and he was waiting a new trial at the time of his death. I don't think, this is the action of a man who cared nothing about the death sentence and knew he was dying. What makes you think that he knew he was dying?
At the time some who knew him said he had told them he was dying. And as someone that was told I was dying I can tell you have some strange thoughts. When I was told there was a 90% chance I would be dead in 6 to 12 months all I could think about was my family. And if you think you are going to die anyway that cuts way back on any fear of what happens to you here.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old April 28th, 2009, 12:47 PM   #26
Retired Moderator
 
The Parakeet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 639

There's still no evidence he was dying or thought he was dying. He's quoted as saying that he didn't think he'd spend a single day in jail. It wasn't a suicide attack. He just thought he'd be a star and walk away free. Not a crazy thought really, since if there was a case for jury nullification, then Ruby would have been it.

Deanhills - I think the gun was just his. He had mafia connections through his strip club and was supposedly a wannabe gangster. He was friends with the cops on duty (through the strip again...I think). They let him stay around the area and didn't check him.
The Parakeet is offline  
Old April 28th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #27
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Parakeet View Post
There's still no evidence he was dying or thought he was dying. He's quoted as saying that he didn't think he'd spend a single day in jail. It wasn't a suicide attack. He just thought he'd be a star and walk away free. Not a crazy thought really, since if there was a case for jury nullification, then Ruby would have been it.

Deanhills - I think the gun was just his. He had mafia connections through his strip club and was supposedly a wannabe gangster. He was friends with the cops on duty (through the strip again...I think). They let him stay around the area and didn't check him.
Back in those days not everything was video taped and the police just told what they wanted the people to know.

The real evidence is he did die and at last word was still dead.

Last edited by DodgeFB; April 28th, 2009 at 01:26 PM.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old April 28th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #28
Representative
 
porsteamboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Philadelphia
Posts: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanhills View Post
Exactly, and who arranged for him to be armed?
Jack Ruby used his personal gun to kill Oswald, it was a Colt .38 snub nose. He had a permit to carry, due to the, sometimes, large amounts of money he carried.
porsteamboy is offline  
Old April 28th, 2009, 04:15 PM   #29
Representative
 
porsteamboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Philadelphia
Posts: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
At the time some who knew him said he had told them he was dying. And as someone that was told I was dying I can tell you have some strange thoughts. When I was told there was a 90% chance I would be dead in 6 to 12 months all I could think about was my family. And if you think you are going to die anyway that cuts way back on any fear of what happens to you here.
I'm assuming that you beat the odds? and if thats true, thats great! But I've never seen any information that Ruby was dying.
porsteamboy is offline  
Old April 29th, 2009, 07:40 AM   #30
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsteamboy View Post
I'm assuming that you beat the odds? and if thats true, thats great! But I've never seen any information that Ruby was dying.
I can take you to the step I was on when JFK was killed. I can show you where the house once stood where I watched Jack Ruby fire the shot live. But I can't give you a web. site for that news cast for that very day.

So we just say I don't know what I am talking about. Because I never documented everything that was put on air back in the 60s. I was a grade school kid watching a BW TV with 2 channels. I do know the TV was a Zenith.
But I can't prove that either.

Last edited by DodgeFB; April 29th, 2009 at 07:43 AM.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old April 30th, 2009, 04:04 AM   #31
Representative
 
porsteamboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Philadelphia
Posts: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
I can take you to the step I was on when JFK was killed. I can show you where the house once stood where I watched Jack Ruby fire the shot live. But I can't give you a web. site for that news cast for that very day.

So we just say I don't know what I am talking about. Because I never documented everything that was put on air back in the 60s. I was a grade school kid watching a BW TV with 2 channels. I do know the TV was a Zenith.
But I can't prove that either.
Here is a news cast from that very day, they were saying that the Dallas police had received a call, stating that a group was in fact, going to kill Oswald. Also that the police were working on the assumption that Ruby and Oswald were connected in some way. I was 19 yrs. old and in the U.S. Navy when JFK was shot and a year earlier I was off the cost of Cuba, turning back Russian cargo ships during the missle crisis, I remember quite a bit about what was going on but it's been along time. Well, its a pretty good bet, that the tv was a Zenith. We had a Dumont and later a Zenith. As for as Ruby thinking he was dying, I've never read or heard that, and I have watched many "on that day" broadcast, nothing about Ruby thinking he was dying.
porsteamboy is offline  
Old April 30th, 2009, 08:05 AM   #32
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsteamboy View Post
Here is a news cast from that very day, they were saying that the Dallas police had received a call, stating that a group was in fact, going to kill Oswald. Also that the police were working on the assumption that Ruby and Oswald were connected in some way. I was 19 yrs. old and in the U.S. Navy when JFK was shot and a year earlier I was off the cost of Cuba, turning back Russian cargo ships during the missle crisis, I remember quite a bit about what was going on but it's been along time. Well, its a pretty good bet, that the tv was a Zenith. We had a Dumont and later a Zenith. As for as Ruby thinking he was dying, I've never read or heard that, and I have watched many "on that day" broadcast, nothing about Ruby thinking he was dying.
It would have been CBS or NBC because that is all we had. I did the same thing I do now and watched them interview everyone that claimed to know Oswald or Ruby. Neighbors or people they worked with. And it was one or two of those people who seemed to think he was very ill. Since our school was shutdown and with only two stations I had nothing else to do back then. I do remember that was one of the first times our local stations stayed on past midnight. Usually at midnight they put up that "big eye" or went off all together. People would go into shock to have no TV after midnight now.

Thanks for the link.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old May 3rd, 2009, 02:30 AM   #33
Representative
 
porsteamboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Philadelphia
Posts: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
It would have been CBS or NBC because that is all we had. I did the same thing I do now and watched them interview everyone that claimed to know Oswald or Ruby. Neighbors or people they worked with. And it was one or two of those people who seemed to think he was very ill. Since our school was shutdown and with only two stations I had nothing else to do back then. I do remember that was one of the first times our local stations stayed on past midnight. Usually at midnight they put up that "big eye" or went off all together. People would go into shock to have no TV after midnight now.

Thanks for the link.
Jack Ruby died on Jan. 3, 1967, cause of death: Pulmonary Embolism. He was admitted to Parkland Hospital apparently suffering from Pneumonia, they found he did have cancer. There is no evidence that Ruby or anyone thought that he was very sick prior to his shootig of Oswald. His brother and sister felt that his health started to decline after he was sentenced to death and he was in jail. He tried twice at suicide while in prision.
porsteamboy is offline  
Old May 3rd, 2009, 06:58 AM   #34
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsteamboy View Post
Jack Ruby died on Jan. 3, 1967, cause of death: Pulmonary Embolism. He was admitted to Parkland Hospital apparently suffering from Pneumonia, they found he did have cancer. There is no evidence that Ruby or anyone thought that he was very sick prior to his shootig of Oswald. His brother and sister felt that his health started to decline after he was sentenced to death and he was in jail. He tried twice at suicide while in prision.
Well now we know all the facts about the deaths of JFK, Oswald, and Ruby. I am just glad the government got everything straight and let us know just what happened.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old May 4th, 2009, 02:20 AM   #35
Representative
 
porsteamboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Philadelphia
Posts: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
Well now we know all the facts about the deaths of JFK, Oswald, and Ruby. I am just glad the government got everything straight and let us know just what happened.
The Government may have told us exactly what happen, Im not throughly convinced of that. But in order to get to some truth in the matter; you have to weed out all the bad information thats out there and there is lots of it. One being Ruby knew he had cancer and shot Oswald to take care of his family financialy. Another, is that the driver of JFK's limo shot JFK or JFK was pulling out of Vietnam and the military Industrial Complex had him assassinated. None of these show any evidence to be true.
porsteamboy is offline  
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:54 AM   #36
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsteamboy View Post
The Government may have told us exactly what happen, Im not throughly convinced of that. But in order to get to some truth in the matter; you have to weed out all the bad information thats out there and there is lots of it. One being Ruby knew he had cancer and shot Oswald to take care of his family financialy. Another, is that the driver of JFK's limo shot JFK or JFK was pulling out of Vietnam and the military Industrial Complex had him assassinated. None of these show any evidence to be true.
And don't forget the one about Johnson having it done so he could have his job. I really think we know all we will ever know. Right or wrong after all these years it is a very cold case. And our government has said all they wanted to say years ago.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old May 5th, 2009, 01:53 AM   #37
Representative
 
porsteamboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Philadelphia
Posts: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
And don't forget the one about Johnson having it done so he could have his job. I really think we know all we will ever know. Right or wrong after all these years it is a very cold case. And our government has said all they wanted to say years ago.
http://www.powerset.com/explore/semh...iracy_theories I I didn't forget it, the list is long, here is a link to all of them. I think as time goes by we'll learn more and more about the assassination but never a smoking gun. Remember, at the time of the warren Commission, the public knew nothing about the Mafia involvement in the Bay of Pigs, the CIA's involment in the overthrow of foriegn Governments. Even today there is controversy over the assassination of Lincoln, not if it was, how high it went. Yeah, the Government said all that they wanted to say about the assassination of JFK, but the controversy will continue on what they didn't say.
porsteamboy is offline  
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:37 PM   #38
Representative
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Florida, USA
Posts: 422

So you actually believe the CIA managed to overthrow foreign governments? The whole point of the original joke is that they never succeed in the the things they try. You meant 'attempted overthrow', didn't you?
curious is offline  
Old May 6th, 2009, 12:58 AM   #39
Representative
 
porsteamboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Philadelphia
Posts: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious View Post
So you actually believe the CIA managed to overthrow foreign governments? The whole point of the original joke is that they never succeed in the the things they try. You meant 'attempted overthrow', didn't you?
No, I surley didn't. The CIA has quite a long list...Guatemala, Iran, Chile, Haiti and the list goes on.
porsteamboy is offline  
Old May 7th, 2009, 03:17 AM   #40
Secretary of State
 
deanhills's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,187

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious View Post
So you actually believe the CIA managed to overthrow foreign governments? The whole point of the original joke is that they never succeed in the the things they try. You meant 'attempted overthrow', didn't you?
Or conversely they may try something and succeed at something totally different, and then depending on whether the result was good or bad, would claim ownership of it as their idea.
deanhills is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Conspiracy Theories

Tags
assassination , cia , jfk , thread



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Assassination attempt made on leader of Bulgarian Turkish party. David Current Events 2 January 20th, 2013 03:01 PM
Man charged in assassination attempt against Utah governor Comet Current Events 1 February 12th, 2012 10:52 PM
Assassination of Kennedy omej Conspiracy Theories 53 February 17th, 2009 04:58 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.