The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Current Events

Current Events Latest news, current events, and headlines from around the world


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #1
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,485

65,000 year old civilization goes extinct.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapc...ibe/index.html

Boa Sr has died. With her death ends the 65,000 year old Bo civilization and language. Survival International and linguists are in panic mode as the extinction of the Bo serves as a reminder that many ancient peoples teeter on the brink of annihilation taking with them much of human history and cultural diversity.
David is offline  
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #2
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapc...ibe/index.html

Boa Sr has died. With her death ends the 65,000 year old Bo civilization and language. Survival International and linguists are in panic mode as the extinction of the Bo serves as a reminder that many ancient peoples teeter on the brink of annihilation taking with them much of human history and cultural diversity.
So much gets lost that we can never recover.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old February 10th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #3
Secretary of State
 
deanhills's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,187

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
So much gets lost that we can never recover.
Wonder whether this is a sign for the human species however? The way we are going with environmental destruction, very soon we won't have air to breathe and may be eating only artificial food.
deanhills is offline  
Old February 11th, 2010, 05:48 AM   #4
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanhills View Post
Wonder whether this is a sign for the human species however? The way we are going with environmental destruction, very soon we won't have air to breathe and may be eating only artificial food.
I think we will always be around in some form or other. If we would just stop breeding like rabbits and cutting trees. If we had more plants we would have better air. And if we quit covering the best farms with houses and shopping centers we would have plenty of food.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old February 11th, 2010, 07:39 AM   #5
Anarchist
 
Dirk's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
From: Disunited Queendom
Posts: 1,944

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
I think we will always be around in some form or other. If we would just stop breeding like rabbits and cutting trees. If we had more plants we would have better air. And if we quit covering the best farms with houses and shopping centers we would have plenty of food.
Agreed.

I might mention there's plenty of space to build on. Just needs a bit of TLC. I suppose i just dislike cities.
Dirk is offline  
Old February 11th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #6
Secretary of State
 
deanhills's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
Agreed.

I might mention there's plenty of space to build on. Just needs a bit of TLC. I suppose i just dislike cities.
So do I, except I am reliant on it for staying alive. Hopefully one day I can live near the sea in a safe place where I can have my own garden, grow my own food, and live off the earth rather than out of plastic containers.
deanhills is offline  
Old February 11th, 2010, 11:28 AM   #7
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanhills View Post
So do I, except I am reliant on it for staying alive. Hopefully one day I can live near the sea in a safe place where I can have my own garden, grow my own food, and live off the earth rather than out of plastic containers.
That is a dream worth having.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old February 11th, 2010, 09:11 PM   #8
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanhills View Post
So do I, except I am reliant on it for staying alive. Hopefully one day I can live near the sea in a safe place where I can have my own garden, grow my own food, and live off the earth rather than out of plastic containers.
Buy an island.
David is offline  
Old February 12th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #9
Secretary of State
 
deanhills's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,187

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Buy an island.
Good idea, except I have heard that due to global warming the sea levels are rising!
deanhills is offline  
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:01 AM   #10
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanhills View Post
Good idea, except I have heard that due to global warming the sea levels are rising!
Buy an island with a tall mountain.
David is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Current Events

Tags
000 , civilization , extinct , year



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Downfall of American Civilization? anewhope Economics 18 April 1st, 2017 07:52 PM
12000 yr old civilization tecoyah Conspiracy Theories 13 November 18th, 2012 12:55 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.