The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Current Events

Current Events Latest news, current events, and headlines from around the world


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #1
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,573

Dems almost trick TP into passing joke bill.

The TP bill was total politicking and would have completely undone every social gain made in the last century, would have massively cut taxes for the rich and would have effectively defended the gov't. Deciding to be evil the Dems changed their vote from 'no' to 'present' at the last minuet leaving the TP/GOP to decide if it would pass. Chaos erupted on the House floor as Repub reps scrambled to out-shout each other as they desperately tried to change their votes from 'yes' to 'no'. The bill failed by just 17 votes, with all dissenting votes cast by Repubs while the Dems looked on in glee as the Repubs had to decide to ether destroy America (and spit in Rep. Ryan's face at the same time by 1-uping him) or be hypocrites.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...ive-budget.php

I must say, I never thought the Dems had it in them to pull something like this. They always seem so spineless.
David is online now  
Old April 16th, 2011, 05:46 AM   #2
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Don't ya just love how they all are playing games while the country goes down the crapper?
DodgeFB is offline  
Old April 16th, 2011, 04:00 PM   #3
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
Don't ya just love how they all are playing games while the country goes down the crapper?
It was necessary unfortunately. The Repubs (or rather the TPers) have gotten into the habit of proposing joke spending bills, stuff so radical that even the Repubs as a whole wouldn't vote for them. The idea in that when the Dems kill the bills (never mind that they need Repubs supporting them as they lack a super-majority) they can use it to show that the Dems are soft on the deficit/debt while they can point to their support as proof that they 'get it'. By letting the bill survive, they forced the Repubs to ether kill it and prove that they're just wasting time with jokes or pass it (it wouldn't become law due to Dem control of the Senate and Presidency) and torpedo their support among the working poor that make up their base (the rich only pay for everything while it's the poor, white, working-class Christians who provide the actual votes).

The beauty of it is that the Repubs can't cry foul. What are they going to complain about, that the Dems are making life too easy for them?

Frankly I hope they make this a habit. The irony of beating the Party of No by being the Party of Yes would be poetic justice of the purest form.
David is online now  
Old April 16th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #4
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It was necessary unfortunately. The Repubs (or rather the TPers) have gotten into the habit of proposing joke spending bills, stuff so radical that even the Repubs as a whole wouldn't vote for them. The idea in that when the Dems kill the bills (never mind that they need Repubs supporting them as they lack a super-majority) they can use it to show that the Dems are soft on the deficit/debt while they can point to their support as proof that they 'get it'. By letting the bill survive, they forced the Repubs to ether kill it and prove that they're just wasting time with jokes or pass it (it wouldn't become law due to Dem control of the Senate and Presidency) and torpedo their support among the working poor that make up their base (the rich only pay for everything while it's the poor, white, working-class Christians who provide the actual votes).

The beauty of it is that the Repubs can't cry foul. What are they going to complain about, that the Dems are making life too easy for them?

Frankly I hope they make this a habit. The irony of beating the Party of No by being the Party of Yes would be poetic justice of the purest form.
You may be right. But most people already know the " Dems are soft on the deficit/debt". That is no big secret. "Cash for clunkers"proved they have no respect for money.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old April 16th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #5
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
You may be right. But most people already know the " Dems are soft on the deficit/debt". That is no big secret. "Cash for clunkers"proved they have no respect for money.
But at least the Dems are honest about it. Better the tax and spend Dems then the don't tax and spend even more while claiming to be deficit hawks Repubs. In any case we'll be out of money on 5/16 and bankrupt by mid June and I suspect the resulting civil war will rid D.C. of their incompetence once and for all.
David is online now  
Old April 16th, 2011, 05:07 PM   #6
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
But at least the Dems are honest about it. Better the tax and spend Dems then the don't tax and spend even more while claiming to be deficit hawks Repubs. In any case we'll be out of money on 5/16 and bankrupt by mid June and I suspect the resulting civil war will rid D.C. of their incompetence once and for all.
Do you really believe the Dems or the Repubs either one are "honest" about anything? I sure don't. They are both selling this country down S--- creek without a paddle.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old April 16th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #7
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
Do you really believe the Dems or the Repubs either one are "honest" about anything? I sure don't. They are both selling this country down S--- creek without a paddle.
Hell no but the Dem's lies aren't so hidden.
David is online now  
Old April 21st, 2011, 10:25 PM   #8
Senator
 
obtuseobserver's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 862

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It was necessary unfortunately. The Repubs (or rather the TPers) have gotten into the habit of proposing joke spending bills,
Obama has run the deficit up 400% in 2 years.

The GOP is trying to get us back to sane spending and you call their bills jokes?
obtuseobserver is offline  
Old April 21st, 2011, 10:28 PM   #9
Senator
 
obtuseobserver's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 862

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
But at least the Dems are honest about it. Better the tax and spend Dems then the don't tax and spend even more while claiming to be deficit hawks Repubs. In any case we'll be out of money on 5/16 and bankrupt by mid June and I suspect the resulting civil war will rid D.C. of their incompetence once and for all.
Of course. The saintly Dems honestly bankrupting the country....

The Dems spend like fools to buy votes and the GOP cut taxes to buy votes. Each will raise taxes/cut taxes raise/lower spending in a pinch but they all have no issue kicking the can down the road.

The GOP is proposing modest cuts that make only minor dents and the Dems kick and scream.
obtuseobserver is offline  
Old April 21st, 2011, 10:29 PM   #10
Senator
 
obtuseobserver's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 862

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Hell no but the Dem's lies aren't so hidden.
that's got nothing to do with honesty

"We need to pass the bill so we can find out what's in it."
obtuseobserver is offline  
Old April 21st, 2011, 11:26 PM   #11
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by obtuseobserver View Post
Obama has run the deficit up 400% in 2 years.

The GOP is trying to get us back to sane spending and you call their bills jokes?
The TP killed the bill after the Dems withdrew their opposition. It was a sure thing and they had to fight to out shout each other as they tried to change their votes before voting was closed. The TP thinks it was a joke, the Dems did nothing but force them to admit it by not killing it for them. Believe it or not but the Republican/Tea Party could care less about what anyone who has less then $500K in the bank thinks. Shocking, I know.
David is online now  
Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:10 AM   #12
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The TP killed the bill after the Dems withdrew their opposition. It was a sure thing and they had to fight to out shout each other as they tried to change their votes before voting was closed. The TP thinks it was a joke, the Dems did nothing but force them to admit it by not killing it for them. Believe it or not but the Republican/Tea Party could care less about what anyone who has less then $500K in the bank thinks. Shocking, I know.
Since I am a "Republican/Tea Party" guy I know that is not true. You speak like you know us. We are like any other group we have different opinions on some things. You need to watch painting so many people with your one brush. It sounds like a Democrat talking point.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:57 AM   #13
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
Since I am a "Republican/Tea Party" guy I know that is not true. You speak like you know us. We are like any other group we have different opinions on some things. You need to watch painting so many people with your one brush. It sounds like a Democrat talking point.
WTF, not true?! You may want to head over to YouTube, there are many videos showing the chaos in the House as they changed their votes.
David is online now  
Old April 22nd, 2011, 06:05 AM   #14
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
WTF, not true?! You may want to head over to YouTube, there are many videos showing the chaos in the House as they changed their votes.
This what I said is not true!

"Believe it or not but the Republican/Tea Party could care less about what anyone who has less then $500K in the bank thinks."
DodgeFB is offline  
Old April 22nd, 2011, 07:46 AM   #15
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
This what I said is not true!

"Believe it or not but the Republican/Tea Party could care less about what anyone who has less then $500K in the bank thinks."
You may want to take a look at their voting record, helping the poor and downtrodden isn't exactly at the top of their list of priorities... At least not unless it's a list of things they want to kill.
David is online now  
Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:56 AM   #16
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You may want to take a look at their voting record, helping the poor and downtrodden isn't exactly at the top of their list of priorities... At least not unless it's a list of things they want to kill.
I don't need to look at their record. I remember when I went to get my disability the democrat in Ky. just blew me off. It was a Republican from Ky. that went to bat for me and my family. Believe me or not, I watch them all very carefully. I was a Democrat for 22 years. I went to meetings and put up posters for them. I know they are as crooked as the Republicans. It was a Democrat in Frankfort that would not let a judge take my licence for DWI when I was 20 years old. And no body can pretend to be shocked and appalled more than a DEM.

I just wish you did not feel that I am so unformed because I am a Republican that voted for a tea-party senator from Kentucky. I don't think you are stupid because you like who you like. And I should not be talked down to like a child because I like the other side.

In the end how much worse can we get? They have both run the country into the ground. Both the Republicans and Democrats are guilty. Everyone needs a one term limit in every office.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old April 22nd, 2011, 11:01 AM   #17
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
I don't need to look at their record. I remember when I went to get my disability the democrat in Ky. just blew me off. It was a Republican from Ky. that went to bat for me and my family. Believe me or not, I watch them all very carefully. I was a Democrat for 22 years. I went to meetings and put up posters for them. I know they are as crooked as the Republicans. It was a Democrat in Frankfort that would not let a judge take my licence for DWI when I was 20 years old. And no body can pretend to be shocked and appalled more than a DEM.

I just wish you did not feel that I am so unformed because I am a Republican that voted for a tea-party senator from Kentucky. I don't think you are stupid because you like who you like. And I should not be talked down to like a child because I like the other side.

In the end how much worse can we get? They have both run the country into the ground. Both the Republicans and Democrats are guilty. Everyone needs a one term limit in every office.
I bash Dems as much as Repubs but as this forum is Repub heavy and most of the leftists here are socialists opposed to the Dems I tend to only need to bash the Repubs. Does anyone here back the Dems?
David is online now  
Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:21 PM   #18
Intern
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
Don't ya just love how they all are playing games while the country goes down the crapper?

That's the way I saw it....

Democrats are not serious about getting America back on track...They want to clown the Republicans.

I noticed that the liberal Democrats are having a feeding frenzy over this...
Brn2bfree is offline  
Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:23 PM   #19
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brn2bfree View Post
That's the way I saw it....

Democrats are not serious about getting America back on track...They want to clown the Republicans.

I noticed that the liberal Democrats are having a feeding frenzy over this...
How are the Dems 'clowning Republicans' for withdrawing their opposition to a Republican bill? The fact that the Repubs had to rush to change their votes so their bill wouldn't pass proves that it was the Repubs (or rather the TP) that were wasting time with joke bills.
David is online now  
Old April 24th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #20
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
How are the Dems 'clowning Republicans' for withdrawing their opposition to a Republican bill? The fact that the Repubs had to rush to change their votes so their bill wouldn't pass proves that it was the Repubs (or rather the TP) that were wasting time with joke bills.
I spoke to Mitch McConnell about that this weekend. You know the part about overreaching? Mitch has always been very respectful to me, even if he disagrees.
DodgeFB is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Current Events

Tags
bill , dems , joke , passing , trick



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
America is a joke...now x0Maximilian0x Conspiracy Theories 91 May 30th, 2013 09:38 PM
Man sues after being restricted from passing out Bibles at gay pride parade Comet Current Events 3 April 5th, 2012 10:33 AM
Why the Dems Must Go David Government and Politics 0 November 4th, 2010 10:18 PM
Effect of Ted Kennedys passing on health care? omej Current Events 2 September 8th, 2009 12:19 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.