The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Current Events

Current Events Latest news, current events, and headlines from around the world


Thanks Tree18Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2018, 04:54 PM   #81
Representative
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post
By the way. You used both terms.
The more you argue the more it shows that you need to go back to your kindergarten or primary school to brush up your English.

Your argument shows that you know nothing of scare quotes or sneer quotes.

It seems that you have not noticed that I have taken care to punctuate the word prediction with sneer quotes, that is, "prediction"

(a) to show that I intend a meaning opposite to the word enclosed in quotes

(b) to help me deny responsibility for the quote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scare_quotes
reedak is offline  
Old March 28th, 2018, 05:08 PM   #82
Representative
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
gentlemen. please.

you are getting too caught up in silly semantics. Predictions are simply put,

"what you think will happen in the future."


it doesn't matter to me if you think it a divine inspiration or a calculating scientific guess. I don't care how I just care what.

A weak prediction will be seen as just that if it comes true (ie the stock market will go up). So if you predict one or the other direction in a binary dilemma, then you have 50/50 of it coming true.
Ok but not that impressive.


A strong and more magnificent prediction is an unknown or unlikely naturally perceived event occurring like:

On October 18, 2018, Kim Kardashion will choke on a piece of sushi and fall into a coma and die.


I hope this clears things up and you can now enjoy the wonderful thread as it was intended.

Good day and God bless.
Well said.
reedak is offline  
Old March 28th, 2018, 05:36 PM   #83
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post
The more you argue the more it shows that you need to go back to your kindergarten or primary school to brush up your English.

Your argument shows that you know nothing of scare quotes or sneer quotes.

It seems that you have not noticed that I have taken care to punctuate the word prediction with sneer quotes, that is, "prediction"

(a) to show that I intend a meaning opposite to the word enclosed in quotes

(b) to help me deny responsibility for the quote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scare_quotes
You are right. I know nothing and care nothing about scare quotes or sneer quotes.

You insult me one more time and I will report you.
mcstites is online now  
Old March 28th, 2018, 07:09 PM   #84
Representative
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post
You are right. I know nothing and care nothing about scare quotes or sneer quotes.

You insult me one more time and I will report you.
1. I am just calling a spade a spade. Since you disagree with my "intelligent guesses", by all means verify with all your numbers that the American and even the global economy will skyrocket under President Trump.

Verify with all your numbers that the US stock market will soar so high that it will even break right through God's heavenly palace. Not only you are wasting the precious time of readers by going in circles in your argument, you are also wasting the limited bytes and cyberspace of this website.

2. As explained by arcturus88 in his latest post which you choose to ignore, he has intended his wonderful thread as enjoyment for all readers. Some readers have even posted some light-hearted stuff or jokes in this thread.

Please read arcturus88's post carefully and your confused mind will be enlightened by his following points:

(a) Predictions are simply put, "what you think will happen in the future."

(b) If you predict one or the other direction in a binary dilemma, then you have 50/50 of it coming true.

(c) It doesn't matter to me (arcturus88) if you think it a divine inspiration or a calculating scientific guess. I don't care how I just care what.

(d) I (arcturus88) hope this clears things up and you can now enjoy the wonderful thread as it was intended.

P.S. Please ponder over the explanation and advice of arcturus88 and you will attain full enlightenment.

Good day and God bless.

Last edited by reedak; March 28th, 2018 at 07:24 PM.
reedak is offline  
Old March 28th, 2018, 07:29 PM   #85
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post
1. I am just calling a spade a spade. Since you disagree with my "intelligent guesses", by all means verify with all your numbers that the American and even the global economy will skyrocket under President Trump.

Verify with all your numbers that the US stock market will soar so high that it will even break right through God's heavenly palace. Not only you are wasting the precious time of readers by going in circles in your argument, you are also wasting the limited bytes and cyberspace of this website.

2. As explained by arcturus88 in his latest post which you choose to ignore, he has intended his wonderful thread as enjoyment for all readers. Some readers have even posted some light-hearted stuff or jokes in this thread.

Please read arcturus88's post carefully and your confused mind will be enlightened by his following points:

(a) Predictions are simply put, "what you think will happen in the future."

(b) If you predict one or the other direction in a binary dilemma, then you have 50/50 of it coming true.

(c) It doesn't matter to me (arcturus88) if you think it a divine inspiration or a calculating scientific guess. I don't care how I just care what.

(d) I (arcturus88) hope this clears things up and you can now enjoy the wonderful thread as it was intended.

P.S. Please ponder over the explanation and advice of arcturus88 and you will attain full enlightenment.

Good day and God bless.
You are not just calling a spade a spade. Calling a spade a spade would involve explaining where I am misunderstanding, not throwing in insults. After a while it wears thin. And in your case, it wore thin a long time ago. Like I said. I will not put up with it any longer. I thought chip said it very clearly. "I have absolutely no problem if anyone and everyone disagree with one another on here. I cannot stress that enough. That said, please attack the position and not the person.
mcstites is online now  
Old March 28th, 2018, 07:54 PM   #86
Representative
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post
You are not just calling a spade a spade. Calling a spade a spade would involve explaining where I am misunderstanding, not throwing in insults. After a while it wears thin. And in your case, it wore thin a long time ago. Like I said. I will not put up with it any longer. I thought chip said it very clearly. "I have absolutely no problem if anyone and everyone disagree with one another on here. I cannot stress that enough. That said, please attack the position and not the person.
Your position is best illustrated by the following animation originally posted by Ralph47. You are going in circles in your argument just like the guy running round and round endlessly in the animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
reedak is offline  
Old March 29th, 2018, 04:28 AM   #87
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post
Your position is best illustrated by the following animation originally posted by Ralph47. You are going in circles in your argument just like the guy running round and round endlessly in the animation.
Your "whatever you want to call them" are meaningless because they are not specific. Some say we are already in a period of economic doom and others say we are doing great. That is why I ask for specific numbers.

I haven't gone anywhere. My position has not changed. It is as I just stated.
mcstites is online now  
Old March 29th, 2018, 12:14 PM   #88
Representative
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post
Your "whatever you want to call them" are meaningless because they are not specific. Some say we are already in a period of economic doom and others say we are doing great. That is why I ask for specific numbers.

I haven't gone anywhere. My position has not changed. It is as I just stated.
My brother from Arkansas, I take my hat off to you and acknowledge you as the Guinness World Record breaker who can keep going in circles in argument till the last day of Trump's presidency.

Now I have to leave you as the lone runner in this endless race till we meet again in this thread after January 20, 2021 when we know who will laugh louder.

For ever, and for ever, farewell, mcstites!
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.

No Fear Shakespeare: Julius Caesar: Act 5, Scene 1, Page 6

Home | Guinness World Records

Last edited by reedak; March 29th, 2018 at 12:22 PM.
reedak is offline  
Old March 29th, 2018, 12:32 PM   #89
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post
My brother from Arkansas, I take my hat off to you and acknowledge you as the Guinness World Record breaker who can keep going in circles in argument till the last day of Trump's presidency.

Now I have to leave you as the lone runner in this endless race till we meet again in this thread after January 20, 2021 when we know who will laugh louder.

For ever, and for ever, farewell, mcstites!
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.

No Fear Shakespeare: Julius Caesar: Act 5, Scene 1, Page 6

Home | Guinness World Records
Adios. As usual, you went to an awful lot of work to say nothing.
Thanks from Ralph47
mcstites is online now  
Old April 4th, 2018, 02:52 AM   #90
Representative
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post
Adios. As usual, you went to an awful lot of work to say nothing.
Perhaps what the Priest said in the following statement sums up everything in your so-callled "awful lot of work".

Priest: ".... I have to go high now not because of my grace, forgiveness, and enemy love but because of the impending arrival of tsunami."

Poster's remark: Since you demand "specific numbers", you can see all the "bloody red" numbers on the giant board of Wall Street at the end of trading day on Wednesday April 4, 2018.

P.S. At the moment I can give you the "specific numbers" 4 and 44. To the Chinese, the figure 4 has the same pronunciation as the Chinese character meaning death. So to the Chinese, April 4 sounds like "double death".

I pray that my "intelligent guess" won't be "intelligent" this time.

Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain

Last edited by reedak; April 4th, 2018 at 02:58 AM.
reedak is offline  
Old April 4th, 2018, 03:10 AM   #91
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 380

Adios. As usual, you went to an awful lot of work to say nothing.
mcstites is online now  
Old April 4th, 2018, 03:17 AM   #92
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post
Adios. As usual, you went to an awful lot of work to say nothing.
I can't improve on that.
mcstites is online now  
Old April 5th, 2018, 10:09 AM   #93
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 1,791

Here's my most confident prediction EVER: the world will NOT come to an end in 2018.

Ralph47 is online now  
Old April 14th, 2018, 07:11 AM   #94
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 1,791

I predict the President's approval rating will be up considerably by the end of the year.

Thanks from arcturus88
Ralph47 is online now  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Current Events

Tags
2018 , predictions



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are your predictions for 2014? arcturus88 Current Events 18 November 21st, 2017 10:10 AM
Predictions for 2012 myp Government and Politics 43 November 21st, 2017 07:20 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.