The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Current Events

Current Events Latest news, current events, and headlines from around the world


Thanks Tree21Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2018, 03:09 PM   #101
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post
Here is another of my "intelligent guesses".

If the US-North Korea summit is to go ahead as planned, the outcome will be a setback for Moon's Sunshine Policy.
It was just appeasement anyways - good riddance.

https://capx.co/moons-sunshine-polic...n-appeasement/

On the turning away
From the pale and downtrodden
And the words they say
Which we won't understand
Don't accept that what's happening
Is just a case of others' suffering
Or you'll find that you're joining
In the turning away
It's a sin that somehow
Light is changing to shadow
And casting its shroud
Over all we have known
Unaware how the ranks have grown
Driven on by a heart of stone
We could find that we're all alone
In the dream of the proudOn the wings of the night
As the daytime is stirring
Where the speechless unite in a silent accord
Using words you will find are strange
Mesmerised as they light the flame
Feel the new wind of change
On the wings of the night
No more turning away
From the weak and the weary
No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
It's not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that there'll be
No more turning away

Last edited by Ralph47; May 8th, 2018 at 03:14 PM.
Ralph47 is online now  
Old May 11th, 2018, 09:27 PM   #102
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
It was just appeasement anyways - good riddance.

https://capx.co/moons-sunshine-polic...n-appeasement/

On the turning away
From the pale and downtrodden
And the words they say
Which we won't understand
Don't accept that what's happening
Is just a case of others' suffering
Or you'll find that you're joining
In the turning away
It's a sin that somehow
Light is changing to shadow
And casting its shroud
Over all we have known
Unaware how the ranks have grown
Driven on by a heart of stone
We could find that we're all alone
In the dream of the proudOn the wings of the night
As the daytime is stirring
Where the speechless unite in a silent accord
Using words you will find are strange
Mesmerised as they light the flame
Feel the new wind of change
On the wings of the night
No more turning away
From the weak and the weary
No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
It's not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that there'll be
No more turning away
I would be much impressed if the poem was originated from your head.

Trump has confirmed that he will hold the summit with Kim in a Southeast Asian country on June 12. In my opinion, he won't choose that venue for no good reason. It is quite likely that during the trip he will renegotiate the best terms for the US to rejoin the TPP. America wants the lion's share in the TPP or in the words of a veteran overseas Chinese historian, "the old hegemon in the 'new world order' (after World War II) has become the new hegemon in the 'new, new world order'".

Last edited by reedak; May 12th, 2018 at 01:31 AM.
reedak is online now  
Old June 11th, 2018, 05:03 PM   #103
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

In my opinion, the most talked about Trump-Kim summit will end in anti-climax. I "predict" or "guess intelligently" that Trump, like the tribal chief who failed to break the koramon's egg in my political satire, will not get his so-called "real deal", i.e. complete, verifiable, irreversible denuclearization of North Korea, at his summit with Kim.

P.S. This thread was posted before Trump and Kim sat down for their summit.

Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (9a)

Last edited by reedak; June 11th, 2018 at 05:20 PM.
reedak is online now  
Old June 12th, 2018, 03:43 AM   #104
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

My next "intelligent guess" is that, en route back to North Korea, Kim will make a stop in China to have a meeting with Xi.
reedak is online now  
Old June 12th, 2018, 04:10 AM   #105
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post
My next "intelligent guess" is that, en route back to North Korea, Kim will make a stop in China to have a meeting with Xi.
I doubt it.
Ralph47 is online now  
Old June 12th, 2018, 05:18 AM   #106
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post
In my opinion, the most talked about Trump-Kim summit will end in anti-climax. I "predict" or "guess intelligently" that Trump, like the tribal chief who failed to break the koramon's egg in my political satire, will not get his so-called "real deal", i.e. complete, verifiable, irreversible denuclearization of North Korea, at his summit with Kim.

P.S. This thread was posted before Trump and Kim sat down for their summit.

Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (9a)

turns out it was a smashing success. so I guess you were wrong here.
arcturus88 is offline  
Old June 12th, 2018, 05:19 AM   #107
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post
It is quite likely that during the trip he will renegotiate the best terms for the US to rejoin the TPP. ".

wrong again. teeheehee.
arcturus88 is offline  
Old June 12th, 2018, 05:21 AM   #108
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post

"If the US-North Korea summit is to go ahead as planned, the outcome will be a setback for Moon's Sunshine Policy."

sorry fella. wrong here too.
arcturus88 is offline  
Old June 14th, 2018, 04:17 PM   #109
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
turns out it was a smashing success. so I guess you were wrong here.
With regard to your so-called "smashing success" of "the meeting of the century", Trump failed to smash the "international pariah" to pulp but instead promoted the "little rocket man" to a "prominent world leader" who is universally revered.

Hold the irrational exuberance on North Korea. Kim is already winning.

Kim Jong Un is 'stealing pages from his daddy's book': Experts say North Korea won't give up nukes

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/ki...053100245.html

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/ea...s-world-leader

http://time.com/time-person-of-the-y...-un-runner-up/

Last edited by reedak; June 14th, 2018 at 04:45 PM.
reedak is online now  
Old June 14th, 2018, 05:03 PM   #110
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post
With regard to your so-called "smashing success" of "the meeting of the century", Trump failed to smash the "international pariah" to pulp but instead promoted the "little rocket man" to a "prominent world leader" who is universally revered.

Hold the irrational exuberance on North Korea. Kim is already winning.

Kim Jong Un is 'stealing pages from his daddy's book': Experts say North Korea won't give up nukes

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/ki...053100245.html

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/ea...s-world-leader

Kim Jong Un: TIME Person of the Year 2017 Runner Up | Time.com
You are just plain silly.

Ralph47 is online now  
Old June 14th, 2018, 07:25 PM   #111
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
You are just plain silly.

Realising that your idol is not a great negotiator as claimed by him, you are jumping up and down like a kangaroo with your species in the grassland.

Like the Emperor in Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale who had no choice but to carry on the pretence that he was wearing new clothes for the procession, Trump has no choice now but to carry on the pretence that the outcome of the summit is “better than anybody could have expected”.

Similarly, you have no choice but to carry on the pretence that your idol has emerged the winner, not a fool, in the summit.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-than-expected

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...summit/560621/

Hans Christian Andersen : The Emperor's New Clothes

Trump says he?s a great negotiator, but the evidence says otherwise ? The Berkeley Blog

Donald Trump is a terrible negotiator.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...otiator-215419

Last edited by reedak; June 14th, 2018 at 07:30 PM.
reedak is online now  
Old June 15th, 2018, 03:57 AM   #112
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post
Realising that your idol is not a great negotiator as claimed by him, you are jumping up and down like a kangaroo with your species in the grassland.

Like the Emperor in Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale who had no choice but to carry on the pretence that he was wearing new clothes for the procession, Trump has no choice now but to carry on the pretence that the outcome of the summit is “better than anybody could have expected”.

Similarly, you have no choice but to carry on the pretence that your idol has emerged the winner, not a fool, in the summit.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-than-expected

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...summit/560621/

Hans Christian Andersen : The Emperor's New Clothes

Trump says he?s a great negotiator, but the evidence says otherwise ? The Berkeley Blog

Donald Trump is a terrible negotiator.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...otiator-215419
Fairytales are a poor predictor of reality!
Ralph47 is online now  
Old June 15th, 2018, 04:53 AM   #113
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post
With regard to your so-called "smashing success" of "the meeting of the century", Trump failed to smash the "international pariah" to pulp but instead promoted the "little rocket man" to a "prominent world leader" who is universally revered.

Hold the irrational exuberance on North Korea. Kim is already winning.

Kim Jong Un is 'stealing pages from his daddy's book': Experts say North Korea won't give up nukes

the problem is how you are measuring. if your measurements are:

- nukes completely deactivated and torn down
- complete reform to kindly socialist regime
- 15 dollar minimum wage for all
- neutral gender bathrooms for all
- gay and transgender rights

then I grant it was a failure on that account.

but

If your criteria is:

- a move toward denuclearization,
- freeing political prisoners,
- getting remains of lost soldiers, and
- no progression with nuke program and threats


... well, then by good man, this has been a smash!

Last edited by arcturus88; June 15th, 2018 at 05:00 AM.
arcturus88 is offline  
Old June 15th, 2018, 04:59 AM   #114
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,846

arcturus88 is offline  
Old June 15th, 2018, 05:36 AM   #115
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
the problem is how you are measuring. if your measurements are:

- nukes completely deactivated and torn down
- complete reform to kindly socialist regime
- 15 dollar minimum wage for all
- neutral gender bathrooms for all
- gay and transgender rights

then I grant it was a failure on that account.

but

If your criteria is:

- a move toward denuclearization,
- freeing political prisoners,
- getting remains of lost soldiers, and
- no progression with nuke program and threats


... well, then by good man, this has been a smash!
Ralph47 is online now  
Old June 16th, 2018, 11:43 PM   #116
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
If your criteria is:

- a move toward denuclearization,
- freeing political prisoners,
- getting remains of lost soldiers, and
- no progression with nuke program and threats


... well, then by good man, this has been a smash!
Measured by your second criteria, the outcome of the summit is not a smash but just a temporary freezing of North Korea's nuclear programme. It is no different from the temporary freezing of the koramon's egg in my Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (9a)
reedak is online now  
Old June 16th, 2018, 11:50 PM   #117
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
I wonder why you nail the wall. As a form of daily exercise? It is laughable to nail the wall instead of the vampire. Your method is no different from the temporary freezing of the koramon's egg in my Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (9a)

To destroy the vampire completely, verifiably and irreversibly, you have to nail the right target forcefully with a giant pure silver NAIL and a giant HAMMER.


Last edited by reedak; June 17th, 2018 at 11:42 PM.
reedak is online now  
Old June 17th, 2018, 12:45 AM   #118
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
Fairytales are a poor predictor of reality!
Fairy tales are rarely used for prediction or as a symbolic prophecy of the subsequent history of a country or the world. The most well-known of such a fairy tale is found in the Bible, that is, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

They are described in the last book of the New Testament of the Bible, called the Book of Revelation of Jesus Christ to John of Patmos, at 6:1-8. The Christian apocalyptic vision is that the Four Horsemen are to set a divine apocalypse upon the world as harbingers of the Last Judgment.

One reading ties the Four Horsemen to the history of the Roman Empire subsequent to the era in which the Book of Revelation was written. That is, they are a symbolic prophecy of the subsequent history of the Empire.

Fairy tales are generally used as a form of entertainment and education, especially for children. My fairy tales, like many others, are not used for prediction but as satires on current affairs and global events.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

https://virtualsalt.com/satire.htm

https://www.enotes.com/homework-help...-satire-328016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_H...the_Apocalypse
reedak is online now  
Old June 17th, 2018, 04:35 AM   #119
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post
I wonder why you nail the wall. As a form of daily exercise? It is laughable to nail the wall instead of the vampire. Your method is no different from the temporary freezing of the koramon's egg in my Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (9a)

To destroy the vampire completely, verifiably and irreversibly, you have to nail the right target forcefully with a giant pure silver NAIL and a giant HAMMER.
Truth is stranger than fiction!

Ralph47 is online now  
Old June 17th, 2018, 08:13 PM   #120
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
sorry fella. wrong here too.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo stressed during his visit to China on Thursday (June 14) that North Korea would not gain any sanctions relief until the country had completely abandoned its nuclear weapons, pushing back against suggestions from China that tough United Nations-led penalties would soon be eased.

Despite the easing of tensions between the two Koreas, America's reluctance to lift the international sanctions on North Korea in the wake of the Trump-Kim summit is definitely a setback for Moon and other "Sunshiners" (or "Moonshiners") who are looking forward to reopening the Kaesong industrial Park and initiating other economic projects with the North.

No nukes, no sanctions for North Korea, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo tells China | South China Morning Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaesong_Industrial_Region
reedak is online now  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Current Events

Tags
2018 , predictions



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are your predictions for 2014? arcturus88 Current Events 18 November 21st, 2017 10:10 AM
Predictions for 2012 myp Government and Politics 43 November 21st, 2017 07:20 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.