The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Current Events

Current Events Latest news, current events, and headlines from around the world


Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By David
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2017, 10:46 AM   #1
Retired
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,775

The benefits of warming our planet.

It would seem we humans have managed an amazing feat, we may very well have prevented the next natural Ice Age regardless of what the cosmos and orbital dynamics/Planetary axial tilt designate....yeah us.
https://weather.com/news/climate/new...glacial-period

I just hope we didn't push it too far.
tecoyah is offline  
Old December 14th, 2017, 10:58 AM   #2
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,452

More people die from cold than heat, so some warming is indeed a good thing.
Ralph47 is online now  
Old December 14th, 2017, 11:34 AM   #3
Retired
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
More people die from cold than heat, so some warming is indeed a good thing.
True at this point. Hopefully this statistic does not dramatically change.
tecoyah is offline  
Old December 14th, 2017, 11:35 AM   #4
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,664

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
It would seem we humans have managed an amazing feat, we may very well have prevented the next natural Ice Age regardless of what the cosmos and orbital dynamics/Planetary axial tilt designate....yeah us.
https://weather.com/news/climate/new...glacial-period

I just hope we didn't push it too far.
The natural state of this planet is tropical (we're in an ice age interglacial period) but what we did was WAY too fast. The last time we had a runaway greenhouse 97% of all life was wiped out and we're warming 2k times faster than that. Our technology will save us but everything more complicated than moss that isn't domesticated (and thus protected by the aforementioned technology) is ****ed.

We past the point of no return almost a decade ago so the best we can hope for now without outright terraforming the planet is damage control.
Thanks from numan
David is offline  
Old December 14th, 2017, 11:39 AM   #5
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
True at this point. Hopefully this statistic does not dramatically change.
Indeed! I think you mean the two numbers flip-flop.
Ralph47 is online now  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Current Events

Tags
benefits , planet , warming



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who benefits when racial hatred abounds? falcondule Conspiracy Theories 0 August 26th, 2013 03:37 PM
Scientists discover a nearly Earth-sized planet GekiDan Current Events 40 May 26th, 2009 11:59 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.