The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Current Events

Current Events Latest news, current events, and headlines from around the world


Thanks Tree5Thanks
  • 1 Post By Iolo
  • 1 Post By David
  • 3 Post By Fitz
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2018, 05:38 PM   #1
Senator
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 717

Trump Merely "Calls A Spade A Spade"

Is there any question Haiti is a s***hole? Who’s offended by that? If it wasn’t a s***hole it wouldn’t be one of the most prominent recipients of American charity aid on Planet Earth. And it isn’t like this country has ignored Haiti — we’ve been trying to lift it out of s***hole status for more than a century, with absolutely no result whatever. In 1910, President William Howard Taft granted Haiti a large loan in hopes that Haiti could pay off its staggering international debt and therefore achieve a larger measure of independence from Europe. The result? Haiti defaulted and U.S. tax dollars were poured into a bottomless pit. In 1915, following the assassination of Haitian president Jean Vilbrun Guillaume Sam, President Woodrow Wilson sent in the U.S. Marines to help establish order there — and the American military presence in Haiti didn’t end until 1934. Yet so little was America able to influence the Haitians that Haiti is the only country in North America where baseball — a national pastime in the Dominican Republic next door — isn’t played by the population.

There is no poorer country in the Western Hemisphere than Haiti, though given time Communist Venezuela might well change that.

https://spectator.org/importing-the-s-hole/
Ralph47 is online now  
Old January 13th, 2018, 05:18 AM   #2
Senator
 
Iolo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: Rhondda, Cymru
Posts: 595

For those of us who speak English 'calling a spade a spade' is an ancient idiom for telling the truth. The world is offended by this fat, mentally-deficient self worshipping slob and his arse-lickers, as well you know.
Thanks from numan
Iolo is online now  
Old January 13th, 2018, 05:28 AM   #3
Senator
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iolo View Post
For those of us who speak English 'calling a spade a spade' is an ancient idiom for telling the truth.
Ralph47 is online now  
Old January 13th, 2018, 11:19 AM   #4
Senator
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 717

I mean, the DEM Harry Truman was noted for that phrase, now the Dems are all up in arms because Trump is being "Trumanesque".

Such Hypocrites!
Ralph47 is online now  
Old January 13th, 2018, 04:59 PM   #5
Governor
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
I mean, the DEM Harry Truman was noted for that phrase, now the Dems are all up in arms because Trump is being "Trumanesque".
I detest Harry Truman --- that bagman for a corrupt Missouri political machine who stained himself with unnecessary atomic bombings of Japan, who helped cripple the labour movement in the USA, and who destroyed the US constitutional system by bringing in the National Security Council and the CIA.
.
numan is offline  
Old January 13th, 2018, 05:24 PM   #6
Senator
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by numan View Post
I detest Harry Truman --- that bagman for a corrupt Missouri political machine who stained himself with unnecessary atomic bombings of Japan, who helped cripple the labour movement in the USA, and who destroyed the US constitutional system by bringing in the National Security Council and the CIA.
.
Unnecessary...

Ralph47 is online now  
Old January 13th, 2018, 11:13 PM   #7
Intern
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Australia
Posts: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
Is there any question Haiti is a s***hole? Who’s offended by that? If it wasn’t a s***hole it wouldn’t be one of the most prominent recipients of American charity aid on Planet Earth. And it isn’t like this country has ignored Haiti — we’ve been trying to lift it out of s***hole status for more than a century, with absolutely no result whatever. In 1910, President William Howard Taft granted Haiti a large loan in hopes that Haiti could pay off its staggering international debt and therefore achieve a larger measure of independence from Europe. The result? Haiti defaulted and U.S. tax dollars were poured into a bottomless pit. In 1915, following the assassination of Haitian president Jean Vilbrun Guillaume Sam, President Woodrow Wilson sent in the U.S. Marines to help establish order there — and the American military presence in Haiti didn’t end until 1934. Yet so little was America able to influence the Haitians that Haiti is the only country in North America where baseball — a national pastime in the Dominican Republic next door — isn’t played by the population.

There is no poorer country in the Western Hemisphere than Haiti, though given time Communist Venezuela might well change that.

https://spectator.org/importing-the-s-hole/
Sure he doesn't call it a covfefe?
Sallyally is offline  
Old January 14th, 2018, 05:25 AM   #8
Senator
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallyally View Post
Sure he doesn't call it a covfefe?
Did you mean convive?

More suggestions:

coevolve conferva cavafy feverfew cavefish q-fever goof-off

dictionary.com
Ralph47 is online now  
Old January 14th, 2018, 09:08 PM   #9
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,630

There's a difference between saying Somalia is a horrible country you'd never want to live in and saying Somalis are horrible people you'd never want to live with. Trump didn't make that distinction with his shithole comment thus the uproar.
Thanks from Ralph47
David is offline  
Old January 15th, 2018, 01:20 AM   #10
Representative
 
Fitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2017
From: Medway Towns, Kent
Posts: 326

Perhaps the issue is that being President of the United States and Commander in Chief of its armed forces one is expecting a certain amount of thought and consideration behind his words and phrases. Is that too much to expect of a world leader.... leader of the Free world...??
Fitz is online now  
Old January 15th, 2018, 05:32 AM   #11
Senator
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
There's a difference between saying Somalia is a horrible country you'd never want to live in and saying Somalis are horrible people you'd never want to live with. Trump didn't make that distinction with his shithole comment thus the uproar.
Yes, people from every nook & cranny (& shithole) of Earth are good people. It is the crap governments that ruin the countries, not the people.
Ralph47 is online now  
Old January 15th, 2018, 10:46 AM   #12
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Perhaps the issue is that being President of the United States and Commander in Chief of its armed forces one is expecting a certain amount of thought and consideration behind his words and phrases. Is that too much to expect of a world leader.... leader of the Free world...??
For this 'president, yes it is. Also Merkel/Germany is now Leader of the Free World.
David is offline  
Old January 15th, 2018, 11:44 AM   #13
Senator
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
For this 'president, yes it is. Also Merkel/Germany is now Leader of the Free World.


She's about to get booted out of office! - hello?!
Ralph47 is online now  
Old January 15th, 2018, 04:55 PM   #14
Governor
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Perhaps the issue is that being President of the United States and Commander in Chief of its armed forces one is expecting a certain amount of thought and consideration behind his words and phrases. Is that too much to expect of a world leader.... leader of the Free world...??
It is certainly too much to expect from the mindless sociopath who disgraces the American presidency.
.
numan is offline  
Old January 15th, 2018, 05:07 PM   #15
Senator
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Perhaps the issue is that being President of the United States and Commander in Chief of its armed forces one is expecting a certain amount of thought and consideration behind his words and phrases. Is that too much to expect of a world leader.... leader of the Free world...??
Sometimes a quite thinker appears to not think, when all that happened is you missed it.
Ralph47 is online now  
Old January 16th, 2018, 04:07 AM   #16
Representative
 
Fitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2017
From: Medway Towns, Kent
Posts: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
Sometimes a quite thinker appears to not think, when all that happened is you missed it.
Trump and thinking.....interesting concept.....do let me know next time you think he's accomplished that surprising achievement.
Thanks from David, Iolo and numan
Fitz is online now  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Current Events

Tags
calls a spade a spade , trump



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump, Putin and the Intelligence "Hacks" and meddling in elections Fitz Current Events 12 November 14th, 2017 08:55 PM
"We should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump." - Trump David Government and Politics 28 November 2nd, 2016 12:42 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.