The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Current Events

Current Events Latest news, current events, and headlines from around the world


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2018, 11:01 PM   #1
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

What Americans and others say about Trump

1. On February 27, 2016, Senator Marco Rubio, a candidate for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, delivered remarks to voters at a campaign rally on the Mount Paran Christian School football field in Kennesaw, Georgia. Senator Rubio talked about a number foreign and domestic issues. He also talked about what he characterized as the danger of the Republican Party nominating front-runner Donald Trump to be its 2016 presidential nominee.

The following are excerpts from Marco Rubio's no-holds-barred verbal assault on Donald Trump at his campaign rally on February 27, 2016.

(Begin excerpts)
…. Now look, I want to be frank with you. You deserve the truth about what's happening. Our party today after four states, according to the polls, is on the verge of being taken over. The party of Lincoln and Reagan is on the verge of being taken over by a con artist named Donald Trump. Now, how do con artists work?

A con artist identifies people who are struggling and convinces you they have something that will turn that around. Donald Trump has done this before. He had a school. He had a thing called Trump University. They would go to people who were looking to make more money. People who paid as much as $35,000 because they were told that Donald Trump's real estate genius would give them all the secrets to making money. They were told, max your credit card. You can make even more money if you sold up for the gold course. And they did. At the end of the process the only thing they got was a paper, a certificate, and they got to take a picture with a cardboard cutout of Donald Trump. That's what they got.

That is called a con job. That is what he's doing now to millions of Americans. Millions of Americans who are hurting, people are struggling. You are struggling, some of you are. You're working as hard as you ever have and you're running in place. You have trouble getting ahead, because the world is been unfair, the economy has gone upside down, and here comes this guy who tells you on going to help turn this around because I've been very successful in business. Not really. He inherited millions of dollars. If he had taken those millions of Warren Buffett. But instead he invested in hotels that went bankrupt. He bankrupted a casino. How do you bankrupt a casino? [laughter] The house always wins.

Any time he bankrupted a business, any time he bankrupted a business the people who paid the price where the contractors he had hired. We are over hearing from them. They're calling nonstop, small businesses that did work and he pulled his money out and did what he needed to do and they never got paid. He is not a great businessman. He has taken 4 companies into bankruptcy. You ever heard of Trump Air? It's gone. Four casinos in Atlantic City.

He's a guy who inherited hundreds of millions of dollars and had he invested in the stock market, he would have been better off. He's the only one running for president who has hired illegal immigrants to work for him. He hired Polish workers to help on Trump Tower. He's going to protect you from immigrants taking your jobs -- why is he hiring foreigners to do the jobs at his hotel that Americans are trying to get, and he's hiring foreigners to do the job? He's fighting for the little guy, the little guy are the people he's treated the whole time he's been in business. Time and again, it is a con job.

I'm a strong leader and the other day he told the protester, I'm going to punch you in the face. He has never punched anyone in the face. [laughter] Ok? He's a guy who has been protected and privileged his whole life and insulated his whole life. This is a massive fraud he is perpetuating. The stakes are not just a fake degree. The stakes are giving control of the conservative movement and ultimately the United States over to a con artist.

That will not happen. I make this promise to you today. I will campaign as long as it takes. I will stay in this race as long as it takes. Donald Trump, a con artist, will never get control of this party. I know some of your friends have brought -- bought into this. Friends don't let friends vote for con artists. It is time to open our eyes. We cannot allow a con artist to get access to the nuclear codes of the United States of America. It is a big fraud, and it's time to open our eyes, and we will in the days and weeks to come.

What happens when you attack Donald? He goes on twitter. You guys want to have a little fun today? Last night he actually was pretty calm. After I punched him around a little bit. [inaudible] is learning how to spell, I guess. Somebody said that here. He's flying around on Hair Force One and tweeting -- here's the one tweet he put out. He put a picture of me having makeup put on me at the debate, which is amazing to me that a guy with the worst spray tan in America is attacking me for putting on makeup. [applause] Donald Trump likes to sue people. He should sue whoever did that to his face. [applause] Alright, so let's move on.

This is an important election. Why am I so fired up about this? Not just because I want to save the country from a con man, not just because I want to save the party from a con artist, but because this election is so important for our future. What is it stake here is what kind of country is America going to be in the 21st century. And we have a chance to make this country better than it has ever been. But that is not the road we are on right now. That is not the road we're on right now. The last eight years have placed us on a road that will leave us as the first Americans who will leave our children worse off than ourselves. That's the road we are going to stay on if we nominate someone who cannot win.

If you nominate a con artist, the media will take him apart. Watch the media coverage of Donald Trump. There are two reasons they're laying off of him. I'm convinced some of these reporters are scared of him. The bigger reason is they are just licking their chops. They're waiting for him to be the nominee. The day he's the nominee, which will never happen, they will tear him to shreds.

The Democrats are being gleeful about it. They know if I am nominated, we are going to win. They attack me more than anyone else in this race. They know that if I'm nominated, we will win because we will unite this party and we will grow it. But they are holding back and they know if we nominate Donald Trump, they will win. And they can't wait to shred him. And they will. We cannot afford to lose this election… (End excerpts)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Rubio

https://www.c-span.org/video/?405374...nnesaw-georgia
reedak is offline  
Old July 8th, 2018, 03:31 AM   #2
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,463

Incorrect! "Said", NOT "say". At the time he was subjective rather than "objective". Since now being more objective, saying "says" is indeed an untruth.

Apparently my friend, you are spoon-fed, rather than finding the truth for yourself.

Ralph47 is offline  
Old July 9th, 2018, 12:19 AM   #3
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
Incorrect! "Said", NOT "say". At the time he was subjective rather than "objective". Since now being more objective, saying "says" is indeed an untruth.

Apparently my friend, you are spoon-fed, rather than finding the truth for yourself.

Your argument is irrational and laughable. For instance, if you said some years ago, "Cobras are poisonous"; it does not mean that "cobras are no longer poisonous" even if you don’t say anything about cobras now. Even if you were not around in the world one day, cobras will still be poisonous.

Taking another example, suppose your friend said yesterday you were a man. Nobody with the right mind will claim that your friend was lying even if he won't say anything about you today. Whether or not he says anything about you today, you are still a man. Will anyone believe him if he says you are no longer a man?

The same opinion about your idol is found in the following article at https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e9bdd1b7ee1e

In the article, you can find this conclusion:

"For ignoring and playing down the substantial advantages his father’s wealth gave him, Trump earns Four Pinocchios."

P.S. Once again, an advice from a friend: Don't swallow the bait, hook, line and sinker for your idol's empty rhetoric.

Last edited by reedak; July 9th, 2018 at 12:40 AM.
reedak is offline  
Old July 9th, 2018, 04:46 AM   #4
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post
Your argument is irrational and laughable. For instance, if you said some years ago, "Cobras are poisonous"; it does not mean that "cobras are no longer poisonous" even if you don’t say anything about cobras now. Even if you were not around in the world one day, cobras will still be poisonous.
But if you said a year ago, you were scared to DEATH of cobras, and today you said you were no longer scared of them, it would indeed be true.

Your OP posted an opinion, and my example is an opinion. Opinions can easily changed; not cast in concrete at all.

I stand correct.

It is useless to post old, obsolete news, which is EXACTLY what you did!!!
Ralph47 is offline  
Old July 9th, 2018, 08:55 PM   #5
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
But if you said a year ago, you were scared to DEATH of cobras, and today you said you were no longer scared of them, it would indeed be true.

Your OP posted an opinion, and my example is an opinion. Opinions can easily changed; not cast in concrete at all.

I stand correct.
Put your hand into a cobra's mouth to show that you were scared of cobras a year ago, but today you are no longer scared of them. Then you will find out whether it is indeed true that opinions are “not cast in concrete at all”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
It is useless to post old, obsolete news, which is EXACTLY what you did!!!
There will come a day when you will become a dotard, then everything will be useless to your dementia brain, not to mention old, obsolete news.

P.S. Fickle winds made sailing conditions difficult.

Last edited by reedak; July 9th, 2018 at 09:01 PM.
reedak is offline  
Old July 10th, 2018, 05:05 AM   #6
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post
Put your hand into a cobra's mouth to show that you were scared of cobras a year ago, but today you are no longer scared of them. Then you will find out whether it is indeed true that opinions are “not cast in concrete at all”.



There will come a day when you will become a dotard, then everything will be useless to your dementia brain, not to mention old, obsolete news.

P.S. Fickle winds made sailing conditions difficult.
You are trying to divert from my basic truisms, by changing the subject.
Ralph47 is offline  
Old July 11th, 2018, 11:40 PM   #7
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
You are trying to divert from my basic truisms, by changing the subject.
1. You should add the following to your basic truisms:

It is safer to make friend with a cobra because you are sure it will never change its mind, and you can take all necessary precautions to avoid being bitten.

On the other hand, you need to be cautious when you make friend with a mercurial man who changes his mind within 24 hours because you can be stabbed in the back or suddenly find yourself in hell without rhyme or reason.

2. The following news reports explain why you should add the above safeguard to your basic truisms.

At 92, Malaysia’s Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad is the world's oldest elected leader. Being 21 years older than Donald Trump, he slammed the US leader more than once in public -- well, like the fatherly chastisements of a wayward son.

Mahathir hit the nail on the head when he called US President Donald Trump “mercurial”, saying: "He changes his mind within 24 hours … When you have a man like that, you need to be cautious."

He also called US President Donald Trump an “international bully” and a “villain” for his move to recognise Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.

“Today we have an international bully. Trump, go find someone your own size. This (Jerusalem plan) will only stir the anger of the Muslims....We must use all our power to oppose this villain who is the president of the United States,” he said, urging all Muslim countries to cut ties with Israel.

Mahathir calls Trump a ?villain? for Jerusalem plan | Free Malaysia Today

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...tiate-10466390

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahathir_Mohamad

https://www.biography.com/people/mah...ohamad-9395417

Last edited by reedak; July 11th, 2018 at 11:44 PM.
reedak is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Current Events

Tags
americans , trump



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump only has the support of 6-8% of Americans. David Government and Politics 8 May 18th, 2017 09:45 AM
Americans Will Do The Jobs Nobody Wants Editorialist Government and Politics 4 August 7th, 2011 06:56 PM
Americans Shut Up! bozonessinc Government and Politics 43 January 18th, 2010 11:06 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.