The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Current Events

Current Events Latest news, current events, and headlines from around the world


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2009, 10:29 PM   #1
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,661

1st 2 US military personnel KIA in the 'Forgotten War'.

The Philippine War, started in 2002, has largely been ignored past the initial reports of the military's deployment to the former colony. This all changed when we suffered our 1st 2 KIA casualties, both navy.

http://features.csmonitor.com/global...es-since-2002/
David is offline  
Old October 13th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #2
Secretary of State
 
deanhills's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,187

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The Philippine War, started in 2002, has largely been ignored past the initial reports of the military's deployment to the former colony. This all changed when we suffered our 1st 2 KIA casualties, both navy.

http://features.csmonitor.com/global...es-since-2002/
I was completely unaware of this, so thanks for directing our attention to it. I was more concerned about typhoons and flooding in the Philippines. Did not realize Al Qaeda was making so much progress in the South. Sad to hear about the US involvement, wonder whether this may make headlines in Washington DC, do you think they will need more troops in the Philippines? I realize that the marines were not supposed to engage in combat, but looks as though the US is being forced into it? Good Al Qaeda tactic I would think.
deanhills is offline  
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #3
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,661

Ya, I think I'm 1 of the few people that remembers that the War on Terror is a world war. Got a few fingers in the Ethiopian/Somali pie as well.
David is offline  
Old October 16th, 2009, 04:36 AM   #4
Secretary of State
 
deanhills's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,187

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Ya, I think I'm 1 of the few people that remembers that the War on Terror is a world war. Got a few fingers in the Ethiopian/Somali pie as well.
Did not know that either. I thought that problems in Ethiopia and Somalia were domestic ones. I know Al Qaeda has been operational in Kenya though, and has also been up to mischief in Zanzibar.
deanhills is offline  
Old October 16th, 2009, 09:44 AM   #5
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanhills View Post
Did not know that either. I thought that problems in Ethiopia and Somalia were domestic ones. I know Al Qaeda has been operational in Kenya though, and has also been up to mischief in Zanzibar.
Th Ethiopians have been doing all the heavy lifting but we've been training them.
David is offline  
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:45 AM   #6
Secretary of State
 
deanhills's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,187

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Th Ethiopians have been doing all the heavy lifting but we've been training them.
Do you know where the training bases are in Ethiopia?
deanhills is offline  
Old October 19th, 2009, 06:41 AM   #7
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanhills View Post
Do you know where the training bases are in Ethiopia?
Not off the top of my head, no. I do know we're inactive in Somalia however. Don't want anything to do with that hell hole.
David is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Current Events

Tags
1st , forgotten , kia , military , personnel , war



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The forgotten civil War. How American can learn from it's past. David History 6 March 25th, 2017 02:08 PM
Is it better to learn from history or are some things best forgotten? omej History 47 July 21st, 2013 08:59 AM
TWA Flight 800 Shot Down by Military Missile? deanhills Conspiracy Theories 24 July 30th, 2010 08:53 PM
U.S. Military Soldiers Are Waking Up! ArghMonkey Government and Politics 29 January 3rd, 2010 11:25 AM
Military Budget Dirk Government and Politics 9 November 5th, 2009 01:50 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.