The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Economics

Economics For discussion about economics, financial markets, investing, stock markets, finance, and economic theory


Thanks Tree4Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 9th, 2013, 07:17 AM   #41
Vice President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 9,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydectes View Post
Say what you wish your deflects failed. The military vehicles were mass produced. Your original statement was that they weren't mass produced. That was proven wrong.

You said it wasn't a consumer vehicle, the government was a consumer if they are a business. You are also wrong about that.

The only thing you are right about is you don't see them driving down the road. Obviously you wouldn't they are battle vehicles.

If what you are saying is that they aren't common modern vehicles that people commute to work and home with I would have to say no **** Sherlock.

But they were and still are mass produced, they were consumed by consumers they did have their purpose.
You are so confused, we'll start all over again:

Here's the question:

So why don't we see significant quantities of personal automobiles on the road capable of either being fully seaworthy and able to travel routinely in water or airworthy and able to routinely fly in the air???
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old December 9th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #42
Governor
 
Polydectes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: just past the moons of Jupiter
Posts: 2,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
You are so confused, we'll start all over again:

Here's the question:

So why don't we see significant quantities of personal automobiles on the road capable of either being fully seaworthy and able to travel routinely in water or airworthy and able to routinely fly in the air???
No this is the modified question you made up when you were nailed. This is the first time I have seen this question.

The original post was this...(post #24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
Yeah, they've got st solve the crashing into each other problem too.

...and why don't they mass produce cars that are seaworthy & can travel in water???

...snip...
You are confused.

First you get all over me about expecting you to use context clues because you don't want to assume.

Yet I am expected to assume all of this?

"So why don't we see significant quantities of personal automobiles on the road"

You keep modifying your argument because it keeps getting proven wrong.

In answer of your first question they were mass produced.
Thanks from David and tecoyah
Polydectes is offline  
Old December 9th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #43
Vice President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 9,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydectes View Post
No this is the modified question you made up when you were nailed. This is the first time I have seen this question.

The original post was this...(post #24)


You are confused.

First you get all over me about expecting you to use context clues because you don't want to assume.

Yet I am expected to assume all of this?

"So why don't we see significant quantities of personal automobiles on the road"

You keep modifying your argument because it keeps getting proven wrong.

In answer of your first question they were mass produced.
Cat got your tongue on an actual answer?
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old December 9th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #44
Governor
 
Polydectes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: just past the moons of Jupiter
Posts: 2,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
Cat got your tongue on an actual answer?
I actually answered your original argument. You were wrong, it was proven.

This latest question you asked doesn't seem to be any resemblance of the idea of your argument.
Polydectes is offline  
Old December 9th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #45
Vice President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 9,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydectes View Post
I actually answered your original argument. You were wrong, it was proven.

This latest question you asked doesn't seem to be any resemblance of the idea of your argument.
You are just circle talking.
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old December 9th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #46
Governor
 
Polydectes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: just past the moons of Jupiter
Posts: 2,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
You are just circle talking.
No, you aren't focusing.

You keep moving the goal posts and pretending that is what you said all along.

You didn't save face, you made up new parameters for your idiotic statement so as not to appear idiotic, I saw through it. And now you are telling me I am going in circles.

So your argument that they were not mass produced was wrong, I proved it. Your argument that they aren't consumer cars was wrong, the military consumed them, you proved yourself wrong. Your argument that they were only commercial vehicles was incorrect also.

You say I am talking in circles only so you don't have to admit you are wrong.
Polydectes is offline  
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:14 AM   #47
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post

So why don't we see significant quantities of personal automobiles on the road capable of either being fully seaworthy and able to travel routinely in water or airworthy and able to routinely fly in the air???

I'll take a stab at this new question (yes it is a new one), if only to move this along.

There is not demand or technology to justify a water car, and there are not FAA guidelines and regulation to allow for a flying car, let alone a viable vehicle model.
tecoyah is offline  
Old December 10th, 2013, 03:35 AM   #48
Governor
 
Polydectes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: just past the moons of Jupiter
Posts: 2,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
I'll take a stab at this new question (yes it is a new one), if only to move this along.

There is not demand or technology to justify a water car, and there are not FAA guidelines and regulation to allow for a flying car, let alone a viable vehicle model.
Would a flying car be a car or is it really an aircraft? If so do we need to have pilots licenses. Do we need more air traffic controllers. Driving a car is simple. Piloting an aircraft is vastly more difficult particularly one that produces it's own lift such as a helicopter. Or one on those quadrotor things. (the only thing that could be called a flying car.) Even a hover craft is extremely difficult to operate. I don't think the average Joe wants to work and think that hard for their daily commute.
Polydectes is offline  
Old February 25th, 2014, 08:35 AM   #49
Vice President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 9,794

Ha-ha! I was correct when I said it was a bad idea will will likely flop:

Major Bitcoin exchange website goes offline | Fox News
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old February 25th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #50
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
Ha-ha! I was correct when I said it was a bad idea will will likely flop:

Major Bitcoin exchange website goes offline | Fox News
Still worth $516. Anyone that bought in a year ago when it was only ~$200 is laughing at you all the way to the bank.
David is offline  
Old February 25th, 2014, 11:21 AM   #51
Vice President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 9,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Still worth $516. Anyone that bought in a year ago when it was only ~$200 is laughing at you all the way to the bank.
Worth nothing if nobody is willing to cash them in.
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old February 25th, 2014, 06:35 PM   #52
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
Worth nothing if nobody is willing to cash them in.
I guess you think Amazon is nobody...
David is offline  
Old February 26th, 2014, 04:43 AM   #53
Vice President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 9,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I guess you think Amazon is nobody...
That could change in a heartbeat.
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old February 26th, 2014, 05:38 AM   #54
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
That could change in a heartbeat.
Only if they were stupid.
David is offline  
Old February 26th, 2014, 05:58 AM   #55
Vice President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 9,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Only if they were stupid.
Like their amount of business would suddenly drop if they did.
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old February 26th, 2014, 06:31 AM   #56
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
Like their amount of business would suddenly drop if they did.
Their profits would. 0.03% processing fee when handling transactions, it's almost free money. Customers that pay with a credit/debit card costs them more to process.
David is offline  
Old February 26th, 2014, 07:20 AM   #57
Vice President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 9,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Their profits would. 0.03% processing fee when handling transactions, it's almost free money. Customers that pay with a credit/debit card costs them more to process.
It is hardly worth the risk for 3 cents on a $100 sale!

BTW: I get 2% back on every purchase towards the purchase of automobiles, motorcycles, trucks, etc. on my credit card. Heck, we once got an Isuzu Rodeo totally free with our rebate. I am not about to give that up!

Last edited by Aufgeblassen; February 26th, 2014 at 07:31 AM.
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old February 26th, 2014, 08:16 AM   #58
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
It is hardly worth the risk for 3 cents on a $100 sale!

BTW: I get 2% back on every purchase towards the purchase of automobiles, motorcycles, trucks, etc. on my credit card. Heck, we once got an Isuzu Rodeo totally free with our rebate. I am not about to give that up!
You're a business owner but you're an online business so you can't do cash transactions. What would you rather do, accept dollars and lose 5% of every payment to your bank or accept bitcoins and lose 0.03%? The correct answer is to accept both, favoring bitcoins and sell the bitcoins for dollars as soon as you get them (this can be automated, so it's hardly an inconvenience) so that they don't lose/gain value from the time of payment.

The customer is irrelevant, this is a purely accounting issue.
Thanks from tecoyah
David is offline  
Old March 7th, 2014, 07:01 AM   #59
Vice President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 9,794

Bitcoin CEO apparently committed suicide!

Bitcoin firm CEO found dead in suspected suicide | Fox News

Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old March 7th, 2014, 06:34 PM   #60
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
Bitcoin CEO apparently committed suicide!

Bitcoin firm CEO found dead in suspected suicide | Fox News

And? This isn't any more relevant to Bitcoin the some Wall Street type offing themselves after losing it all is relevant to the USD.
David is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Economics

Tags
cryptocurrency , thoughts



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thoughts On Holding Parents Responsible For Kids' Online Bullying? Aufgeblassen Current Events 3 October 18th, 2013 03:22 PM
Your thoughts on the Crusades? Squishy Skeever History 165 July 30th, 2013 04:17 AM
Thoughts about Bitcoin? myp Economics 14 November 13th, 2011 08:52 AM
Stray thoughts on 9-11 Patrick Government and Politics 24 September 17th, 2011 04:10 PM
How to cut thoughts? prasanth5 Religion 2 May 26th, 2010 09:54 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.