The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Government and Politics

Government and Politics Government and Politics Forum including laws, elections, government structure, and political theory


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2011, 03:44 PM   #1
Representative
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 152

Wall Street protests - not on any news channel - This is democracy

US news channels are keeping quiet about ongoing Wall Street protests.
UN resolution against Syria was double vetoed by Russia/China which also did not make it to US news channel. You can see that on BBC.
South Carolina (a repug state) requires drivers to buy liability insurance or pay uninsured motorist registration fee of $550. Repugs are silent but complain of Obama requiring buying of health insurance.
I do not particularly like that but if Obama can not get national health insurance, it was a compromise with repugs who should rejoice since their buddies insurance companies are going to benefit from it.
netanyahoo is offline  
Old October 5th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #2
Senator
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 758

Nonsense, that the UN security council won't act on Syria was reported on CBS news tonight, and the big 3 broadcast networks have had stories on the wall street protests every night - which is difficult for them, because it's a leaderless mob of losers with no intellectual underpinnings.
Patrick is offline  
Old October 5th, 2011, 09:15 PM   #3
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Nonsense, that the UN security council won't act on Syria was reported on CBS news tonight, and the big 3 broadcast networks have had stories on the wall street protests every night
Indeed through the media only started covering OWS in a meaningful way once the protests started spreading nationwide and it looked to be continuing into the net month (days, not calender). Only when it became too big to ignore did the media start giving them the time of day.
David is offline  
Old October 6th, 2011, 03:39 AM   #4
Intern
 
abbyafton's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
From: Toronto Canada
Posts: 3

There are too many socialists in OWS, but they're on the right track with going after the big banks. They just need to figure out that "capitalism" isn't the problem, and that it's the Fed and Congress that are giving Wall Street its billions, not the free market.
abbyafton is offline  
Old October 6th, 2011, 07:44 AM   #5
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyafton View Post
There are too many socialists in OWS, but they're on the right track with going after the big banks. They just need to figure out that "capitalism" isn't the problem, and that it's the Fed and Congress that are giving Wall Street its billions, not the free market.
You can never have too many socialists. Too few, not too many.
David is offline  
Old October 6th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #6
Senator
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 758

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Indeed through the media only started covering OWS in a meaningful way once the protests started spreading nationwide and it looked to be continuing into the net month (days, not calender). Only when it became too big to ignore did the media start giving them the time of day.
Actually, they've WAYYYYYYY overreported them. I saw a report when there were only about a hundred people there. The nightly reports started when there were about a thousand, and the max is till only a few thousand. This, in a country of 300 million. The ones in LA have been reported like crazy, and they are only a small gaggle - and half of THEM are probably deranged homeless.

The reason the lib medi is overreporting them is because they hope they'll grow into a large leftwing movement to replace the defunct koolaid kids krusade of 2008, who've now been smacked in the face with a huge dose of reality that is the consequence of their immature actions then: no job, big education debt, and their own room again back at mom and dad's house.

Last edited by Patrick; October 6th, 2011 at 08:27 AM.
Patrick is offline  
Old October 6th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #7
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Actually, they've WAYYYYYYY overreported them. I saw a report when there were only about a hundred people there. The nightly reports started when there were about a thousand, and the max is till only a few thousand. This, in a country of 300 million. The ones in LA have been reported like crazy, and they are only a small gaggle - and half of THEM are probably deranged homeless.

The reason the lib medi is overreporting them is because they hope they'll grow into a large leftwing movement to replace the defunct koolaid kids krusade of 2008, who've now been smacked in the face with a huge dose of reality that is the consequence of their immature actions then: no job, big education debt, and their own room again back at mom and dad's house.
The media is conservative.
David is offline  
Old October 6th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #8
myp
Founding Father
 
myp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: US
Posts: 5,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The media is conservative.
It's both. Depends on what source. As usual though, the $$$ is the trumping factor.
myp is offline  
Old October 6th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #9
Senator
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 758

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The media is conservative.
I GET your total disconnect from reality - no more evidence is needed.
Patrick is offline  
Old October 6th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #10
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I GET your total disconnect from reality - no more evidence is needed.
Do you think CNN is liberal?
David is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Government and Politics

Tags
channel , democracy , news , protests , street , wall



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Occupy Wall Street, Capitalism's Death Rattle? charleslb Current Events 7 November 13th, 2011 05:11 PM
Occupy Wall Street? kowalskil Economics 1 November 11th, 2011 08:03 AM
Occupy wall street garbage to be evicted so that the vile conditions can be cleaned Patrick Government and Politics 1 October 13th, 2011 05:30 AM
Observations on the wall street "occupiers" Patrick Government and Politics 2 October 7th, 2011 02:02 PM
Iran: a budding democracy in 1953: what destroyed that democracy? pingpong12 Government and Politics 24 March 22nd, 2009 11:37 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.