The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Government and Politics

Government and Politics Government and Politics Forum including laws, elections, government structure, and political theory


Thanks Tree4Thanks
  • 1 Post By Cosmo
  • 1 Post By arcturus88
  • 1 Post By David
  • 1 Post By arcturus88
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2017, 09:00 PM   #1
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: South Fl.
Posts: 111

Spies keep intelligence from Donald Trump

-Wall Street Journal

Decision to withhold information underscores deep mistrust between intelligence community and president

U.S. intelligence officials have withheld sensitive intelligence from President Donald Trump because they are concerned it could be leaked or compromised, according to current and former officials familiar with the matter.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/spies-k...ump-1487209351
Thanks from numan
Cosmo is offline  
Old February 15th, 2017, 10:02 PM   #2
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
-Wall Street Journal

Decision to withhold information underscores deep mistrust between intelligence community and president

U.S. intelligence officials have withheld sensitive intelligence from President Donald Trump because they are concerned it could be leaked or compromised, according to current and former officials familiar with the matter.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/spies-k...ump-1487209351
This is perhaps a salvo in the war Mr. Trump has created for himself and is to be expected.
"On Wednesday, former NSA intelligence analyst John Schindler provided some insight into the reaction of national security officials.
“Now we go nuclear,” he*wrote on Twitter. “[Intelligence community] war going to new levels. Just got an [email from] senior [intelligence community] friend, it began: ‘He will die in jail.'”
“US intelligence is not the problem here,” Schindler*added in another tweet. “The President’s collusion with Russian intelligence is. Many details, but the essence is simple.”


If Trump is indeed compromised (and he refuses to clarify), the intelligence agencies would be damaging rather than protecting our country by handing him data.
tecoyah is online now  
Old February 16th, 2017, 12:36 AM   #3
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: South Fl.
Posts: 111

It just keeps getting better.
Cosmo is offline  
Old February 16th, 2017, 05:46 AM   #4
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 6,118

The military getting shut out of the government, our spies actively resisting the president and no chance of impeachment becuase of 1 party rule. I'm smelling a coup brewing.
David is offline  
Old February 16th, 2017, 06:28 AM   #5
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
It just keeps getting better.
Every Administration gets better and better as the time in Office increases.

Some quicker than others; Reagan fast, Obama slow as molasses!
Aufgeblassen is online now  
Old February 16th, 2017, 06:32 AM   #6
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 2,295

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The military getting shut out of the government, our spies actively resisting the president and no chance of impeachment becuase of 1 party rule. I'm smelling a coup brewing.

I would encourage you and Tecoyah to post as many predictions about Trump as possible. Eventually you may actually get one right, I mean even the blind squirrel stumbles on a nut now and again.

Plus I get a kick out of reading them as time goes by.

arcturus88 is offline  
Old February 16th, 2017, 06:39 AM   #7
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
I would encourage you and Tecoyah to post as many predictions about Trump as possible. Eventually you may actually get one right, I mean even the blind squirrel stumbles on a nut now and again.

Plus I get a kick out of reading them as time goes by.

Me too!!!

Aufgeblassen is online now  
Old February 16th, 2017, 11:39 AM   #8
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 6,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
I would encourage you and Tecoyah to post as many predictions about Trump as possible. Eventually you may actually get one right, I mean even the blind squirrel stumbles on a nut now and again.

Plus I get a kick out of reading them as time goes by.

So where exactly is this great America? Most agree has the worst to hold the job and he's not even 2 months in yet.
David is offline  
Old February 16th, 2017, 11:56 AM   #9
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,808

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
So where exactly is this great America? Most agree has the worst to hold the job and he's not even 2 months in yet.
Trumps followers actually do see his actions as great regardless of the effects on themselves or others. It seems they believe whatever he says and do not care or believe any negatives taking place which makes useful communication virtually impossible and completely frustrating.
I have found the best way to deal with this to be accepting of what is happening and await self destruction while hoping the damage is not irreparable.
Attempting discussion is a proven waste of time for now.

Anything you state is easily considered "Fake" at this point.
tecoyah is online now  
Old February 16th, 2017, 02:03 PM   #10
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
So where exactly is this great America?
Ummm..... Where isn't it? Plus, Rome wasn't built over night - sheesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Most agree has the worst to hold the job and he's not even 2 months in yet.
A horrible off-the-wall assumption.
Aufgeblassen is online now  
Old February 16th, 2017, 04:31 PM   #11
Governor
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Trumps followers actually do see his actions as great regardless of the effects on themselves or others. It seems they believe whatever he says and do not care or believe any negatives taking place which makes useful communication virtually impossible and completely frustrating.
Der Fuehrer is always right!

The creed of the lemmings ---
.
numan is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 05:35 AM   #12
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by numan View Post
Der Fuehrer is always right!

The creed of the lemmings ---
.

Only in YOUR mind. The rest of us know better.
Aufgeblassen is online now  
Old February 17th, 2017, 07:05 AM   #13
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 2,295

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Trumps followers actually do see his actions as great regardless of the effects on themselves or others. It seems they believe whatever he says and do not care or believe any negatives taking place which makes useful communication virtually impossible and completely frustrating.

I agree with almost every word in the above quote. What I would change is highlighted below.


Anti-Trump followers actually do see his actions as catastrophic and horrible regardless of the effects on themselves or others. It seems they disbelieve whatever he says and do not care or believe any positives taking place which makes useful communication weird but also kind of funny.
Thanks from Aufgeblassen
arcturus88 is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 08:52 AM   #14
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 6,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
I agree with almost every word in the above quote. What I would change is highlighted below.


Anti-Trump followers actually do see his actions as catastrophic and horrible regardless of the effects on themselves or others. It seems they disbelieve whatever he says and do not care or believe any positives taking place which makes useful communication weird but also kind of funny.
What positives? You got Abe and Bebie (the latter actually unable to stop himself from laughing in Trump's face) thinking he's an idiot. Without Japan we lose East Asia, without Israel we lose the Mideast. Then you have the Russian hacking EVERYONE agrees happened, incompetent Secretaries, lawsuits, a Congressional investigation and a major terrorist attack in his name. It's not that positives are being ignored, it's that there aren't any.
Thanks from numan
David is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 09:14 AM   #15
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
thinking he's an idiot.
PLEASE teach me your mind reading techniques! I'd love to be able to read my wife's mind. We'd get along so much better!

Aufgeblassen is online now  
Old February 17th, 2017, 11:47 AM   #16
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 2,295

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
What positives? You got Abe and Bebie (the latter actually unable to stop himself from laughing in Trump's face) thinking he's an idiot.
what positives? (you realize that not being able to see ANY positives makes my case again).

So Bebe smiles and you assume he thinks Trump is an idiot. Maybe he smiles because he's not dealing with a terrorist sympathizer anymore?


Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Without Japan we lose East Asia, without Israel we lose the Mideast.
what evidence do you have that we would we lose them? (answer...none)


Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Then you have the Russian hacking EVERYONE agrees happened.

its been happening since the invention of the internet. before that they used eavesdropping and leaks and false news.


Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
incompetent Secretaries, lawsuits, a Congressional investigation

you can't prove incompetency of anyone at this point. lawsuits are always happening with any administration. They should investigate Russia hacking but also the leaks by our intelligence agencies


Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
a major terrorist attack in his name.
what are you talking about?


Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It's not that positives are being ignored, it's that there aren't any.

you're a smart kid, you must realize a statement like this is mere polarized thinking.
Thanks from Aufgeblassen
arcturus88 is offline  
Old February 18th, 2017, 03:47 AM   #17
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 6,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
what positives? (you realize that not being able to see ANY positives makes my case again).

Keep telling yourself that...

So Bebe smiles and you assume he thinks Trump is an idiot. Maybe he smiles because he's not dealing with a terrorist sympathizer anymore?

He didn't smile. He burst out laughing with a bemused and horrified look on his face.

what evidence do you have that we would we lose them? (answer...none)

The obvious lack of respect? Do you understand how diplomacy works?

its been happening since the invention of the internet. before that they used eavesdropping and leaks and false news.

Before they didn't control our elections. To compare this to intelligence gathering is a false equivalency of the worst sort. You know this, you're just grasping at straws to defend tyre indefensible.

you can't prove incompetency of anyone at this point. lawsuits are always happening with any administration. They should investigate Russia hacking but also the leaks by our intelligence agencies

So sanctuaries that either have 0 understanding of the field or are idelogicly opposed to the vary concept of their departments are the cream of the crop?

what are you talking about?

You know full well.

you're a smart kid, you must realize a statement like this is mere polarized thinking.
Don't give me that crap.
David is offline  
Old February 18th, 2017, 04:59 AM   #18
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Don't give me that crap.
Aufgeblassen is online now  
Old February 19th, 2017, 01:46 PM   #19
Governor
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The military getting shut out of the government, our spies actively resisting the president and no chance of impeachment becuase of 1 party rule. I'm smelling a coup brewing.
COUP, COUP, KA-CHOO


.
numan is offline  
Old February 19th, 2017, 02:02 PM   #20
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by numan View Post
COUP, COUP, KA-CHOO
"Wishful thinking leads to..... disappointment. It should be avoided as much as possible.

Unless you fall into the category of.....

Aufgeblassen is online now  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Government and Politics

Tags
donald , intelligence , spies , trump



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence Cosmo Government and Politics 11 February 16th, 2017 05:33 PM
What is Donald Trump thinking? tecoyah Government and Politics 19 February 9th, 2017 04:59 AM
Donald Trump On Dr. Oz Aufgeblassen Current Events 2 January 27th, 2017 08:05 AM
The new Donald Trump? tecoyah Government and Politics 15 January 24th, 2017 09:56 AM
Donald Trump Rjohnson Government and Politics 10 August 25th, 2016 12:33 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.