The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Government and Politics

Government and Politics Government and Politics Forum including laws, elections, government structure, and political theory


Thanks Tree4Thanks
  • 2 Post By RoccoR
  • 1 Post By tecoyah
  • 1 Post By arcturus88
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2017, 02:27 AM   #1
Analyst
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: South Fl.
Posts: 91

Donald Trumpís Alternative-Reality Press Conference

For more than an hour, President Trump demonstrated, again, that he long ago escaped the bounds of reality that restrict most mortals.

Donald Trump?s Alternative-Reality Press Conference - The New Yorker
Cosmo is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 03:13 AM   #2
Representative
 
RoccoR's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
From: Reynoldsburg, OH
Posts: 216

Cosmo, et al,

I read The New Yorker Article by John Cassidy of February 16, 2017. Donald Trump is not a politician or Washington Bureaucrat in the true sense of its meaning.

Don't expect him to act like one.

I suspect that he is coming to grips with his new position.

Most Respectfully,
R
Thanks from arcturus88 and Aufgeblassen
RoccoR is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 03:23 AM   #3
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,676

I had tried to give Mr. Trump the benefit of the doubt and believed it possible his fabricated realities were a result of ignorance vs. deceit. His "news" conference removed this possibility from my mind based on what he stated and the angry defensive posturing indicating defensive attack being the reaction to purposefully lying and being confronted with it. We have elected a petulant child into office and can only hope it does not find the gun in the dresser drawer.
Thanks from numan
tecoyah is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 05:15 AM   #4
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,029

Yeah, he's simply going to shake up the Washington establishment and make the Press very uncomfortable when he steps on some toes. Good for him!

Time for REAL change, instead of Obama's phony change.
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 05:30 AM   #5
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
Yeah, he's simply going to shake up the Washington establishment and make the Press very uncomfortable when he steps on some toes. Good for him!

Time for REAL change, instead of Obama's phony change.
I see nothing "Simple" about this situation as it involves complexity and deeply disturbing possibility. I suppose seeing it in simplified terms does provide temporary relief of stress and daily confusion.
tecoyah is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 05:34 AM   #6
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,029

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
I see nothing "Simple" about this situation as it involves complexity and deeply disturbing possibility. I suppose seeing it in simplified terms does provide temporary relief of stress and daily confusion.
The concept may indeed be simple, but the logistics certainly may not be, but are certainly achievable with enough persistence.
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 05:40 AM   #7
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
The concept may indeed be simple, but the logistics certainly may not be, but are certainly achievable with enough persistence.
And for some reason you feel a man who has shown no desire or ability to "Achieve" these thing has the persistence to do so?

I have a question for you and anyone else believing this?

What Has Donald Trump EVER done to give you confidence in his Presidency?
tecoyah is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 05:44 AM   #8
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,029

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
And for some reason you feel a man who has shown no desire or ability to "Achieve" these thing has the persistence to do so?

I have a question for you and anyone else believing this?

What Has Donald Trump EVER done to give you confidence in his Presidency?
He'll have GREAT people on his team advising him (once they all are in place). And the best part, is he'll LISTEN to them (i.e. act as they advise). He has indicated as such.
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 05:51 AM   #9
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
He'll have GREAT people on his team advising him (once they all are in place). And the best part, is he'll LISTEN to them (i.e. act as they advise). He has indicated as such.
Yeah...I have heard the GREAT BS many times and never seen it. Thus far his "People" are far from great and some of the great want nothing to do with him. Plus advisors must be listened to if they are to advise and he doe not seem interested in doing so.
tecoyah is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 06:06 AM   #10
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,029

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Yeah...I have heard the GREAT BS many times and never seen it. Thus far his "People" are far from great and some of the great want nothing to do with him. Plus advisors must be listened to if they are to advise and he doe not seem interested in doing so.
Not in reality.
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 06:10 AM   #11
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
Not in reality.
Which "Reality" do you dwell in?

I did not type that because it is not the reality of this fiasco....not being able to see this is either purposeful ignorance or something even worse.
tecoyah is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 06:16 AM   #12
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,029

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Which "Reality" do you dwell in?

I did not type that because it is not the reality of this fiasco....not being able to see this is either purposeful ignorance or something even worse.
Like all Presidents that have "bumps in the road" in the beginning, they should smooth out rather well. You are rushing to judgement! Give him a chance, OK?

He WON 30 out of 50 States, so the PEOPLE wanted him (over the alternative). Give the will of the people a chance!
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 06:26 AM   #13
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
Like all Presidents that have "bumps in the road" in the beginning, they should smooth out rather well. You are rushing to judgement! Give him a chance, OK?

He WON 30 out of 50 States, so the PEOPLE wanted him (over the alternative). Give the will of the people a chance!
I accepted his electoral win and even the dishonesty coming from him and his staff. I accepted his terrible choices for cabinet and tried to consider the Russia crap as conspiracy theory. I can no longer pretend this is a game and he is not dangerous. He is out of mulligans and "Tries".
tecoyah is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 06:49 AM   #14
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 2,192

The MSM dogs attack, but this only helps Trump...

Rasmussen: Trump approval hits 55%

and his approval rating goes up.


Quote:
Rasmussen: Trump approval hits 55%

Nearly half believe most reporters biased against president

Last edited by arcturus88; February 17th, 2017 at 06:56 AM.
arcturus88 is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 07:03 AM   #15
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,676

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
The MSM dogs attack, but this only helps Trump...

Rasmussen: Trump approval hits 55%

and his approval rating goes up.
I suppose if we look had enough we can find a positive poll....yet most instead look like this:
"President Trumpís approval rating is at 39 percent, according to a new poll.
The latest Pew Research Center poll released Thursday shows Trump at a historic low compared with prior presidents in their first weeks in office.
The poll found just 39 percent approve of his job performance while 56 percent disapprove."


Poll: Trump's approval rating at 39 percent | TheHill
tecoyah is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 07:08 AM   #16
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 2,192

I didn't look very hard. Rasmussen is pretty well known.
Thanks from Aufgeblassen
arcturus88 is offline  
Old February 17th, 2017, 07:17 AM   #17
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,029

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
I didn't look very hard. Rasmussen is pretty well known.
Yes, and that it the LATEST. The lower poll numbers are OLDER ones.
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old February 19th, 2017, 02:00 PM   #18
Senator
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
I didn't look very hard. Rasmussen is pretty well known.
Outliar Rasmussen is pretty well known as Republican propaganda flack.

More reliable polls center around 40%.
.
numan is offline  
Old February 19th, 2017, 02:07 PM   #19
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,029

Quote:
Originally Posted by numan View Post
Outliar Rasmussen is pretty well known as Republican propaganda flack.

More reliable polls center around 40%.
.
It is kind of WAY early too early, but it is more like a 5% difference on average of ALL polls (which means like 47.5% to 52.5; NOWHERE near 40% - hello?!: RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval

But only fools worry about the polls on a daily basis!

Last edited by Aufgeblassen; February 19th, 2017 at 02:11 PM.
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Government and Politics

Tags
alternativereality , conference , donald , press , trump’s , trumpís



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Donald Trump On Dr. Oz Aufgeblassen Current Events 2 January 27th, 2017 08:05 AM
The new Donald Trump? tecoyah Government and Politics 15 January 24th, 2017 09:56 AM
Donald Trump Rjohnson Government and Politics 10 August 25th, 2016 12:33 AM
Donald Trump and Debates CatholicCrusader Government and Politics 8 December 9th, 2011 06:33 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.