The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Government and Politics

Government and Politics Government and Politics Forum including laws, elections, government structure, and political theory


Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By Cosmo
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2017, 12:10 AM   #1
Intern
 
Joined: Jan 2017
From: South Fl.
Posts: 45

Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trumpís Wiretapping Claim

WASHINGTON ó The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trumpís assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trumpís phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.

Mr. Comey, who made the request on Saturday after Mr. Trump leveled his allegation on Twitter, has been working to get the Justice Department to knock down the claim because it falsely insinuates that the F.B.I. broke the law, the officials said.

[SIZE=2]https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/05/us/politics/trump-seeks-inquiry-into-allegations-that-obama-tapped-his-phones.html?_r=0
[/SIZE]
Thanks from numan
Cosmo is offline  
Old March 6th, 2017, 02:24 AM   #2
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,130

It will be interesting to see what Justice does as it will say much about the validity of that agency. Do they follow conspiracy theory for Trump or are they still into Justice. Hell, the President can't even tap phones.
tecoyah is online now  
Old March 6th, 2017, 04:30 AM   #3
Vice President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 8,933

Trump was likely joking!

Like the "punch him in the face" and the "I could shoot someone on X Avenue in NY, and still not lose any voters".

One must learn to not take him literally, when he is often speaking figuratively. Not that hard to learn! Just don't accuse me of defending him. I'm not. I am simply "calling 'em like I see 'em".
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old March 6th, 2017, 04:40 AM   #4
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
Trump was likely joking!

Like the "punch him in the face" and the "I could shoot someone on X Avenue in NY, and still not lose any voters".

One must learn to not take him literally, when he is often speaking figuratively. Not that hard to learn! Just don't accuse me of defending him. I'm not. I am simply "calling 'em like I see 'em".
I see....so you see lying as joking in order to justify your man crush.
tecoyah is online now  
Old March 6th, 2017, 05:17 AM   #5
Vice President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 8,933

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
I see....so you see lying as joking in order to justify your man crush.
Like I said before.... no man crush. Out of the 17 candidates in the Primary, he was at or nearly at the BOTTOM of my choice - hello?!
Aufgeblassen is offline  
Old March 6th, 2017, 05:22 AM   #6
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
Like I said before.... no man crush. Out of the 17 candidates in the Primary, he was at or nearly at the BOTTOM of my choice - hello?!
I use this statement due to your continuous and blatant defense of anything he says or does and endless credit given for positives he has nothing to do with indicating a level of blind devotion counter to the realities.
tecoyah is online now  
Old March 6th, 2017, 06:21 AM   #7
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
It will be interesting to see what Justice does as it will say much about the validity of that agency. Do they follow conspiracy theory for Trump or are they still into Justice. Hell, the President can't even tap phones.
closed loop thinking says:

"It has to end my way or the whole thing is rigged"
arcturus88 is offline  
Old March 6th, 2017, 07:04 AM   #8
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
closed loop thinking says:

"It has to end my way or the whole thing is rigged"
Likely you are quite familiar with this concept.
tecoyah is online now  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Government and Politics

Tags
asks , claim , comey , dept , justice , reject , trumpís , wiretapping



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Air Force Stumped by Trump's Claim of $1 Billion Savings on Jet Cosmo Government and Politics 25 February 28th, 2017 02:31 PM
Woohoo! VW Workers In Chattanooga REJECT UAW Aufgeblassen Current Events 13 February 22nd, 2014 04:11 AM
Religious Schools Claim Major Victory. chris7375 Religion 2 December 19th, 2012 08:37 AM
Plan B approved for OTC by FDA, reversed by Dept of Health myp Current Events 4 January 10th, 2012 07:04 PM
GOP claim to be bigger sucker to Israel than Dems netanyahoo Government and Politics 4 December 3rd, 2011 03:33 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.