The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Government and Politics

Government and Politics Government and Politics Forum including laws, elections, government structure, and political theory


Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By arcturus88
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2017, 04:50 AM   #1
Vice President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 9,781

Reasons Why Comey Had To Go

"The FBI head was so good at portraying himself as Washington’s last Boy Scout—the only person who ever did the right thing—that few noticed his repeated refusal to do the right thing. Mr. Comey might still have a job if, on any number of occasions, he’d acknowledged his own conflicts and stepped back."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-jam...-go-1494542297
Aufgeblassen is online now  
Old May 12th, 2017, 06:07 AM   #2
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
"The FBI head was so good at portraying himself as Washington’s last Boy Scout—the only person who ever did the right thing—that few noticed his repeated refusal to do the right thing. Mr. Comey might still have a job if, on any number of occasions, he’d acknowledged his own conflicts and stepped back."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-jam...-go-1494542297
It seems the actual reason had to do with his refusal to pledge loyalty to the king and to damage the investigation of his majesty. Though it's hard to tell until they figure out what reason they decide on.
tecoyah is offline  
Old May 12th, 2017, 06:37 AM   #3
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 2,023

I think Comey was a good guy that worked for a corrupt AG (lynch). He became the news too often, maybe in part as a consequence of liking the limelight it too much.

Why fire him now?

Likely because the newly appointed deputy AG, Rosenstein, recommended it now.

Why did he just now recommend it?

because he the dems have delayed every appointed official by trump just because they are buttholes. So instead of being appointed in Jan he was appointed in late April.


So to wrap up... the dems obstruct appointee, when appointee gets in he makes recommendation. The dems then cry that it has come so late, even though they are really to blame, and even though they wanted him fired anyway and are on record saying as much.


This hopefully frees Trump up. If you realize whatever you do will create an oppositional reaction, you just do what you want anyway.
arcturus88 is offline  
Old May 12th, 2017, 06:56 AM   #4
Vice President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 9,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
I think Comey was a good guy that worked for a corrupt AG (lynch). He became the news too often, maybe in part as a consequence of liking the limelight it too much.

Why fire him now?

Likely because the newly appointed deputy AG, Rosenstein, recommended it now.

Why did he just now recommend it?

because he the dems have delayed every appointed official by trump just because they are buttholes. So instead of being appointed in Jan he was appointed in late April.


So to wrap up... the dems obstruct appointee, when appointee gets in he makes recommendation. The dems then cry that it has come so late, even though they are really to blame, and even though they wanted him fired anyway and are on record saying as much.


This hopefully frees Trump up. If you realize whatever you do will create an oppositional reaction, you just do what you want anyway.
Sheyamon!
Aufgeblassen is online now  
Old May 12th, 2017, 08:27 AM   #5
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,344

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
I think Comey was a good guy that worked for a corrupt AG (lynch). He became the news too often, maybe in part as a consequence of liking the limelight it too much.

Why fire him now?

Likely because the newly appointed deputy AG, Rosenstein, recommended it now.

Why did he just now recommend it?

because he the dems have delayed every appointed official by trump just because they are buttholes. So instead of being appointed in Jan he was appointed in late April.


So to wrap up... the dems obstruct appointee, when appointee gets in he makes recommendation. The dems then cry that it has come so late, even though they are really to blame, and even though they wanted him fired anyway and are on record saying as much.


This hopefully frees Trump up. If you realize whatever you do will create an oppositional reaction, you just do what you want anyway.
You do know that Rosenstein threatened to quit immediately after Trumps folks made this claim and they then changed it...hell even Trump himself had to back out on that one. Now the story is that Trump wanted to fire him from day one, after saying it was because he was so mean to HillBill.
tecoyah is offline  
Old May 12th, 2017, 09:13 AM   #6
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 2,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
You do know that Rosenstein threatened to quit immediately after Trumps folks made this claim and they then changed it...hell even Trump himself had to back out on that one. Now the story is that Trump wanted to fire him from day one, after saying it was because he was so mean to HillBill.

No I have to admit , i do not know that.

but to be fair, neither do you...


Quote:

(CNN)Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein denies he threatened to quit his post amid the firing of FBI Director James Comey and does not plan to resign. After a meeting with Senate intelligence committee leaders on Capitol Hill Thursday, Rosenstein was asked by reporter whether he threatened to quit.

"No," Rosenstein said, adding he is "not quitting."

Rosenstein was involved in the firing earlier this week of Comey, having met with President Donald Trump and writing a memo on Comey's actions as FBI director...
Thanks from Aufgeblassen
arcturus88 is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Government and Politics

Tags
comey , reasons



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comey Firing Was INEVITABLE Aufgeblassen Government and Politics 0 May 10th, 2017 07:27 AM
Comey: No Regrets On Pre-Election Revelation Aufgeblassen Government and Politics 0 May 3rd, 2017 10:32 AM
Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trump’s Wiretapping Claim Cosmo Government and Politics 7 March 6th, 2017 07:04 AM
The Reasons Why I Voted Rjohnson Government and Politics 2 March 28th, 2016 04:21 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.