The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Government and Politics

Government and Politics Government and Politics Forum including laws, elections, government structure, and political theory


Thanks Tree13Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 4th, 2017, 12:43 PM   #21
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,518

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
I'm wondering, do you believe Trumps Lawyer stole his phone and hacked it to send a Tweet?
it sounds like he just misspoke.

in twitter your words are limited to x number of letters, so sometimes people merge two thoughts together to make them fit.

As I understand it, this is what was typed...

Quote:
"I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI, He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!"
this is what (I imagine) was likely meant (adding 4 words)
Quote:

"I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and he also lied to the FBI, He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!"
that fact that the left is jumping on this makes me think they are terribly desperate. fishing for a crime.
arcturus88 is offline  
Old December 4th, 2017, 12:46 PM   #22
Representative
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
it sounds like he just misspoke.

in twitter your words are limited to x number of words, so sometimes people merge two thoughts together to make them fit.

As I understand it, this is what was typed...



this is what (I imagine) was likely meant (adding 4 words)



that fact that the left is jumping on this makes me think they are terribly desperate. fishing for a crime.
I see zero difference between the two quotes!
Ralph47 is online now  
Old December 4th, 2017, 12:46 PM   #23
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,586

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
if all news has a slant , then everyone is choosing the slant they are viewing. some prefer to pretend that the news they are viewing is slant-free. I am not so na´ve.
Apparently you are...and for some reason cannot see it in yourself. I watched CNN and MSNBC beat the hell out of Winey and Franken as well as 'ol whatshisnane while also covering all this Michael Flynn stuff. When I switched to fox all I saw was Mexican murderers and Franken bash while ignoring Flynn for the most part. Likely you and Ralph have NO IDEA what is actually going on, so I'll fill you in:

Michael Flynn now works for Meuller and is probably going to Prison.
Our nation is about to pass a Budget that adds at least a Trillion dollars to the deficit.
Trump just Tweeted out that he knew Flynn lied before he fired Comey.

This is a snippet of this weeks news.
tecoyah is online now  
Old December 4th, 2017, 12:49 PM   #24
Representative
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Trump just Tweeted out that he knew Flynn lied before he fired Comey.

Meaning his distinguished long military career should not be besmirched by a silly technical violation that doesn't mean squat!!! - hello?!
Ralph47 is online now  
Old December 4th, 2017, 12:54 PM   #25
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,518

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Apparently you are...and for some reason cannot see it in yourself. I watched CNN and MSNBC beat the hell out of Winey and Franken as well as 'ol whatshisnane while also covering all this Michael Flynn stuff. When I switched to fox all I saw was Mexican murderers and Franken bash while ignoring Flynn for the most part. Likely you and Ralph have NO IDEA what is actually going on, so I'll fill you in:

Michael Flynn now works for Meuller and is probably going to Prison.
Our nation is about to pass a Budget that adds at least a Trillion dollars to the deficit.
Trump just Tweeted out that he knew Flynn lied before he fired Comey.

This is a snippet of this weeks news.

so I believe that all news has a slant one way or another and
you believe only the news you watch is unbiased.

Yet you think I'm the na´ve one.

Do I have that about right?
Thanks from Ralph47
arcturus88 is offline  
Old December 4th, 2017, 02:01 PM   #26
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,586

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
so I believe that all news has a slant one way or another and
you believe only the news you watch is unbiased.

Yet you think I'm the na´ve one.

Do I have that about right?
Actually I watch a lot of news from many different sources, which is how I noted this in you. Were you aware of the things I mentioned?

Are you aware of what has happened in Yemen?
Have you been following the Trump investigation?
Do you still think Uranium1 is a big deal?

I am well aware of left wing media bias, but I rely on them amongst others to be informed.
tecoyah is online now  
Old December 5th, 2017, 05:29 AM   #27
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,518

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Actually I watch a lot of news from many different sources, which is how I noted this in you. Were you aware of the things I mentioned?

Are you aware of what has happened in Yemen?
Have you been following the Trump investigation?
Do you still think Uranium1 is a big deal?

I am well aware of left wing media bias, but I rely on them amongst others to be informed.

Yes, aware of all of those issues. As usual, you assume too much.

US news in general (left and right leaning) tends to ignore international issues unless they are somehow scandalous or titillating. BBC does pretty well covering the international scene, in my opinion.
Thanks from David and tecoyah
arcturus88 is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 06:07 AM   #28
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
Yes, aware of all of those issues. As usual, you assume too much.

US news in general (left and right leaning) tends to ignore international issues unless they are somehow scandalous or titillating. BBC does pretty well covering the international scene, in my opinion.
It get's undeserved crap becuase people confuse it with other (Murdoch owned) Arab media that help spread Al Qaeda propaganda during the Iraq War but Al Jazeera is pretty well rounded as well. They DO get a little biased on Arab issues (obviously) but they give fair and honest coverage to events outside the Mideast and the English coverage tends to focus on Europe and North American events mostly so their bias doesn't come into play much.
David is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 06:40 AM   #29
Representative
 
Fitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2017
From: Medway Towns, Kent
Posts: 239

I thought Fox news was all about money and nothing to do with news..??
Fitz is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 07:12 AM   #30
Representative
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
I thought Fox news was all about money and nothing to do with news..??
Nope! The Fox BUSINESS CHANNEL is about money, whilst the Fox News Channel is about NEWS.
Ralph47 is online now  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Government and Politics

Tags
fox , news , sputnik



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GEORGE CLOONEY IN NEWS AGAIN FOR ôSATELLITE SPYING FOR PEOPLEöGeorge Clooney in news maheenangel74 Current Events 2 March 27th, 2012 09:29 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.