The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Government and Politics

Government and Politics Government and Politics Forum including laws, elections, government structure, and political theory


Thanks Tree6Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2018, 12:15 PM   #1
Representative
 
Fitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2017
From: Medway Towns, Kent
Posts: 326

DACA Dreamers.....and others....

..... are the Republicans now going to change their views on the 800,000 or what is now the direction of travel. Is their now a path to citizenship for the up to 11 million undocumented?? Trump at a press conference yesterday said he was cool on DACA and then back peddled.... how's this playing in the States?
Fitz is online now  
Old January 10th, 2018, 01:22 PM   #2
Senator
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 717

Trump is for it ONLY after wall is 100% built.
Ralph47 is online now  
Old January 10th, 2018, 09:48 PM   #3
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
..... are the Republicans now going to change their views on the 800,000 or what is now the direction of travel. Is their now a path to citizenship for the up to 11 million undocumented?? Trump at a press conference yesterday said he was cool on DACA and then back peddled.... how's this playing in the States?
Fox (only pro-Trump MSM) is facepalming and calling Trump a ****ing moron. So, ya...
David is offline  
Old January 11th, 2018, 06:22 AM   #4
Senator
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Fox (only pro-Trump MSM) is facepalming and calling Trump a ****ing moron. So, ya...
What site did you hear that at?
Ralph47 is online now  
Old January 11th, 2018, 06:47 AM   #5
Analyst
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 91

Fox has a number of different commentators and they are not bound to report one particular view. Those views should not be considered Fox's view.
mcstites is online now  
Old January 11th, 2018, 07:24 AM   #6
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,630

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post
Fox has a number of different commentators and they are not bound to report one particular view. Those views should not be considered Fox's view.
When Ann Coulter (poster child for the far right pre-Trump) says Trump is an idiot than it's the mainstream opinion of the non-Trumpet Right Wing. Sure there are a few minor players at Fox trying to back him up but we all saw what happened when Lue Dobbs tried. He got 1.5 words in before being told to STFU (and complying).

It might not be the official corporate view of Fox but it's clearly the prevailing opinion of their viewers. Fox is in free fall, they just sold their entire non-News side of the business to Disney to raise money. They wouldn't go against Trump so ruthlessly unless they knew their viewer base was inline with their thinking.
Thanks from numan
David is offline  
Old January 11th, 2018, 07:56 AM   #7
Analyst
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
When Ann Coulter (poster child for the far right pre-Trump) says Trump is an idiot than it's the mainstream opinion of the non-Trumpet Right Wing. Sure there are a few minor players at Fox trying to back him up but we all saw what happened when Lue Dobbs tried. He got 1.5 words in before being told to STFU (and complying).

It might not be the official corporate view of Fox but it's clearly the prevailing opinion of their viewers. Fox is in free fall, they just sold their entire non-News side of the business to Disney to raise money. They wouldn't go against Trump so ruthlessly unless they knew their viewer base was inline with their thinking.
You have made so many assumptions, it is hard to decide where to start. I don't watch Ann Coulter and rarely hear her name mentioned. I primarily watch The Five, Fox News with Bret Baer, Greg Gutfield and Chris Wallace. I have never heard any of them refer to Trump as an idiot.

I do not like Trump as a person and did not vote for him. I didn't vote for Hilary either. I threw my vote away, but did not think either candidate was presidential material. Trump has a number of characteristics I do not like.

But, anyone who thinks he is a moron or idiot is badly mistaken. Idiots and morons do not become billionaires. He understand business and in spite of the criticism of the tax bill, it appears to have a positive influence.
Thanks from arcturus88
mcstites is online now  
Old January 11th, 2018, 08:50 AM   #8
Senator
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post
Idiots and morons do not become billionaires.
NOT IN THIS

WORLD
Ralph47 is online now  
Old January 11th, 2018, 09:22 AM   #9
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,630

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post
But, anyone who thinks he is a moron or idiot is badly mistaken. Idiots and morons do not become billionaires. He understand business and in spite of the criticism of the tax bill, it appears to have a positive influence.
There is serious doubt that he is though. His horrific business record (Who loses money running a casino?!), long list of bankruptcies and inability to open a line of credit with reputable banks indicate that his 'wealth' is based on debt and not assets or capital. He's like the poor person that maintains a middle class lifestyle by taking out credit cards to pay for credit cards that pay for credit cards, etc. A house of cards with decent PR to sell it to the common people.
David is offline  
Old January 11th, 2018, 09:32 AM   #10
Senator
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
There is serious doubt that he is though. His horrific business record (Who loses money running a casino?!), long list of bankruptcies and inability to open a line of credit with reputable banks indicate that his 'wealth' is based on debt and not assets or capital. He's like the poor person that maintains a middle class lifestyle by taking out credit cards to pay for credit cards that pay for credit cards, etc. A house of cards with decent PR to sell it to the common people.
He got like $100M from his dad, and currently is at $4B (probably WAY higher with the phenomenal stock & real estate markets). NOTHING to sneeze at!!!
Ralph47 is online now  
Old January 11th, 2018, 09:38 AM   #11
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post

Trump has a number of characteristics I do not like.

But, anyone who thinks he is a moron or idiot is badly mistaken. Idiots and morons do not become billionaires. He understand business and in spite of the criticism of the tax bill, it appears to have a positive influence.
I think you are spot on.
His issues are personality based and not intellectual.
arcturus88 is online now  
Old January 11th, 2018, 10:26 AM   #12
Senator
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
I think you are spot on.
His issues are personality based and not intellectual.
Obama and Trump are polar opposites, making Trump seem more dramatic than he is.

Obama was liked personally, but his policies not so much.

Trumps policies are well liked, but personally he is not so much.

Seriously, WHICH is more important for the country?!!!
Ralph47 is online now  
Old January 11th, 2018, 10:57 AM   #13
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,630

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
I think you are spot on.
His issues are personality based and not intellectual.
Are you living in a different universe from the rest of us? The man can't even remember what he said 1/2 a sentence ago.
David is offline  
Old January 11th, 2018, 11:10 AM   #14
Senator
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Are you living in a different universe from the rest of us? The man can't even remember what he said 1/2 a sentence ago.
You say that only because:

YOU FELL FOR THE FAKE NEWS

Ralph47 is online now  
Old January 11th, 2018, 12:04 PM   #15
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Are you living in a different universe from the rest of us? The man can't even remember what he said 1/2 a sentence ago.

who is this rest of us?

no one thought he was an idiot prior to running.


I've seen this same tired tactic tried on GWB.


The left vacillated between calling GWB a sinister super-villain and retard.

{dumb...sinister evil...dumb...sinister evil...dumb...}

The left needs a new script. This one is worn thin and is readily transparent.
Thanks from Sallyally and Ralph47
arcturus88 is online now  
Old January 11th, 2018, 12:14 PM   #16
Representative
 
Fitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2017
From: Medway Towns, Kent
Posts: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
who is this rest of us?
In the UK he was generally portrayed as being.... well....strange even for an American...
Fitz is online now  
Old January 11th, 2018, 12:18 PM   #17
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
In the UK he was generally portrayed as being.... well....strange even for an American...

I'm not denying that. I'm sure he has personality issues.

Last edited by arcturus88; January 11th, 2018 at 12:24 PM.
arcturus88 is online now  
Old January 11th, 2018, 01:48 PM   #18
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,630

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
no one thought he was an idiot prior to running.
You really are deluded then. EVERYONE that knew him politically knew he was an idiot. No policy ideas, incoherent when pressed on policy issues and notoriously forgetful. The only reason he got the handful of votes that he did was becuase most Americans only knew him as that guy from The Apprentice and Mr. "You're fired!" seemed like the better choice when paired with Hillary Clinton. Had he been a bigger name in politics prior to the election or run against ANYONE ELSE he'd have been crushed and lost all 50 states.
David is offline  
Old January 11th, 2018, 01:52 PM   #19
Senator
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
EVERYONE that knew him politically knew he was an idiot.
Ummm..... NOBODY knew him politically, because he had zero, zilch, nada experience and record as a politician!!! - hello?!

Ralph47 is online now  
Old January 11th, 2018, 02:37 PM   #20
Analyst
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 91

It has to be a terrible feeling for Hilary to realize Trump beat her.
mcstites is online now  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Government and Politics

Tags
daca , dreamersand



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.