The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Government and Politics

Government and Politics Government and Politics Forum including laws, elections, government structure, and political theory


Thanks Tree6Thanks
  • 1 Post By numan
  • 1 Post By numan
  • 1 Post By mcstites
  • 1 Post By mcstites
  • 1 Post By mcstites
  • 1 Post By mcstites
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2018, 01:33 PM   #1
Governor
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,359

US Nazi President picks war criminal torturer as CIA chief

'
Trump pick for new CIA director Gina Haspel oversaw torture

Quote:
The European Centre for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR) in June 2017 requested that the German public prosecutor issue an arrest warrant for Haspel for her role in the torture at the black site in Thailand.

The Berlin-based organisation had asked German prosecutors to investigate torture by CIA operatives in December 2014 after publication of the CIA torture report.

“It’s a really bad sign that [Haspel] should be named as CIA director,” Andreas Schueller, the head of the ECCHR's international crimes and accountability programme, told Al Jazeera.

“We think she should stand trial to defend herself against the allegations that she was involved in torture and she shouldn’t be appointed to any position."
.
Thanks from Iolo
numan is offline  
Old March 14th, 2018, 01:48 PM   #2
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by numan View Post
TORTURE means PERMANENT PHYSICAL damage. If none, then it is NOT torture - end of story.

If someone's "feelings" are hurt, it does not qualify as torture.
Ralph47 is online now  
Old March 14th, 2018, 02:04 PM   #3
Governor
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
TORTURE means PERMANENT PHYSICAL damage. If none, then it is NOT torture - end of story.

If someone's "feelings" are hurt, it does not qualify as torture.
As usual, you don't know what you are writing about.

But even by your very incorrect definition, what about all the people who were murdered in US foreign concentration camps?
.
Thanks from Iolo
numan is offline  
Old March 14th, 2018, 02:19 PM   #4
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by numan View Post
As usual, you don't know what you are writing about.

But even by your very incorrect definition, what about all the people who were murdered in US foreign concentration camps?
.
"US foreign" is an OXYMORON.
Ralph47 is online now  
Old March 14th, 2018, 02:38 PM   #5
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,266

Ummm... "enhanced interrogation" stopped attacks and SAVED LIVES". Why are you ALWAYS on the wrong side of issues???!!!
Ralph47 is online now  
Old March 14th, 2018, 03:05 PM   #6
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 401

In the US, a person is considered innocent until proven guilty in a US court of law or other court recognized by the US government. You might not like it, but that is how our laws work.

The deputy director of the CIA runs the day to day operation of the CIA. Whether she is confirmed or not, she will continue to be in charge of the CIA. She is imminently qualified.
Thanks from Ralph47
mcstites is offline  
Old March 15th, 2018, 04:40 AM   #7
Senator
 
Iolo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: Rhondda, Cymru
Posts: 746

If R doesn't know what torture is, water-board the thick bugger!
Iolo is offline  
Old March 15th, 2018, 05:55 AM   #8
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 401

Whether any procedure is torture is subjective. The definition is not that precise. It is a bit like your doctor asking your level of pain from zero to ten. The definition of torture usually calls it intentional severe pain. Our own special forces undergo water boarding so they can learn how to resist it.

As best I can tell, it is not painful. It is psychological. The person thinks they are drowning.

This is one of those subjects, you could argue about forever and not resolve it.

At the time Gina Haspell oversaw waterboarding, she was officially told it was not torture and was legal. In the US, you cannot convict someone of a crime, if it was not a crime at the time. At the time she was doing what she thought was best for our country with the potential of saving thousands of lives.
Thanks from Ralph47
mcstites is offline  
Old March 15th, 2018, 06:03 AM   #9
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by numan View Post
'
US Nazi President picks war criminal torturer as CIA chief
.
In his mind, numan has convicted our president of actions which numan thinks our president will take and has convicted Haspel of actions which were legal at the time. We do not convict people in the US for something they have not done or for actions which were legal at the time.
Thanks from Ralph47
mcstites is offline  
Old March 15th, 2018, 07:13 AM   #10
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,266

The bottom line is we need a TOUGH person in that position, not a wallflower!

Ralph47 is online now  
Old March 17th, 2018, 07:05 AM   #11
Representative
 
a777pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Flower Mound, TX (In the basement.)
Posts: 281

Good choice.
a777pilot is offline  
Old March 17th, 2018, 01:24 PM   #12
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 401

We should do a case study.

Case 1. The lady does what is considered legal at the time. She believes that it may save thousands of US lives. The lady will continue to honorably serve her country for the next twenty plus years.

Case 2. A young man protests the Vietnam war. Because of his action, there are more US casualties. His actions emboldens the enemy and prolongs the war. He then illegally flees to Canada to evade the draft. The young man will continue to denounce the country of his birth for the next fifty plus years and will grow more and more bitter in the process.
Thanks from arcturus88

Last edited by mcstites; March 17th, 2018 at 01:44 PM.
mcstites is offline  
Old March 28th, 2018, 11:07 AM   #13
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post
We should do a case study.

Case 1. The lady does what is considered legal at the time. She believes that it may save thousands of US lives. The lady will continue to honorably serve her country for the next twenty plus years.

Case 2. A young man protests the Vietnam war. Because of his action, there are more US casualties. His actions emboldens the enemy and prolongs the war. He then illegally flees to Canada to evade the draft. The young man will continue to denounce the country of his birth for the next fifty plus years and will grow more and more bitter in the process.
EXTREMELY good point!!!!
Ralph47 is online now  
Old May 30th, 2018, 01:52 PM   #14
Governor
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post
In his mind, numan has convicted our president of actions which numan thinks our president will take and has convicted Haspel of actions which were legal at the time. We do not convict people in the US for something they have not done or for actions which were legal at the time.
Nazi war criminals' action were legal at the time, in Germany. Yet the USA tried and executed them at Nuremberg War Crimes Trials.
.
numan is offline  
Old May 30th, 2018, 05:05 PM   #15
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by numan View Post
Nazi war criminals' action were legal at the time, in Germany. Yet the USA tried and executed them at Nuremberg War Crimes Trials.
.
You must be a Nazi sympathizer.

Ralph47 is online now  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Government and Politics

Tags
chief , cia , criminal , nazi , picks , president , torturer , war



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Sociopath-in-Chief: you know who I mean! numan Government and Politics 0 July 9th, 2017 04:17 PM
Trump and hillary VP picks? arcturus88 Government and Politics 2 May 17th, 2016 07:41 AM
UN chief says ... netanyahoo Current Events 3 January 15th, 2012 12:00 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.