The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > History

History Historical Discussions - For discussion about the great (and not-so-great) happenings of history


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2012, 02:31 PM   #21
Senator
 
Cerise's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: England
Posts: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
i love me some prostitutes
Really? Its difficult to tell by written words only but are you serious or joking?
Cerise is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2012, 02:32 PM   #22
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
i love me some prostitutes
Ever thought of being one yourself?
DodgeFB is offline  
Old February 28th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #23
Banned
 
Schmidt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
Ever thought of being one yourself?
it is one of those things where i would have to be self empolyed or have a really nice pimp so yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerise View Post
Really? Its difficult to tell by written words only but are you serious or joking?
i just jocking ya
Schmidt is offline  
Old February 29th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #24
Analyst
 
theconspirator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: undisclosed
Posts: 85

Hey prostition is always legal if you film it
then its porn
theconspirator is offline  
Old June 11th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #25
Intern
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 27

lol you are right about filming it
amirex111 is offline  
Old June 11th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #26
Intern
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 27

Europe has a laid back policy on this and it works why not try this in the States for a while
amirex111 is offline  
Old June 11th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #27
Intern
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 27

even here in Iran there is a system of legalized prostitution!
amirex111 is offline  
Old June 11th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #28
Intern
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 27

It is called temporary marriage and it can last from a few minutes till 99 years!
amirex111 is offline  
Old June 12th, 2012, 06:33 AM   #29
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Texas
Posts: 1,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma View Post
It has been around for ages, and yet is still looked down upon in several cultures.

While I know the downsides of having it, I also know the downsides of prohibiting it. If it's prohibited, it will still exist but it will be illegal and that tends to put the women in danger more as they are scared to seek help as they are already breaking the law.

What's your stance on it, and if I remember correctly, it was not looked down upon in ancient Greece, right?
Prostitution is illegal for several reasons. First, it is very common legal or not all through history that prostitutes use drugs, and legal or not it interfears with child developement, and if you are having sex several times a day it is only a matter of time before you get pregnant.

Murder and rape have been around sence the dawn of man too, and in the long run our laws have had little effect on it, to question morality of our social complex is all well and good, but to violate it or rewrite it is an act of war, basically it is wrong because people say it is, and what people say goes.
clax is offline  
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #30
myp
Founding Father
 
myp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: us
Posts: 5,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by clax View Post
Prostitution is illegal for several reasons. First, it is very common legal or not all through history that prostitutes use drugs, and legal or not it interfears with child developement, and if you are having sex several times a day it is only a matter of time before you get pregnant.
Your last point is not true. As for prostitutes using drugs- so do some lawyers, bankers, doctors, teachers, you name it- what's your point? Using drugs is not solely a profession-related thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clax View Post
Murder and rape have been around sence the dawn of man too, and in the long run our laws have had little effect on it, to question morality of our social complex is all well and good, but to violate it or rewrite it is an act of war, basically it is wrong because people say it is, and what people say goes.
Morality is subjective. Everyone does not agree on morals including with prostitution is immoral. Let's put it this way- it is immoral today to treat people of different races in different ways, especially legally. At one time that was the status quo. Are you telling me because people said it was right back then that it was right? And along the way there had to be someone who questioned that morality- so even if you see prostitution as something most people are against, maybe those most are wrong (really its subjective though) and the people fighting for it to be legal are going to become the new "morality" as per your definition.
myp is offline  
Old June 13th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #31
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Texas
Posts: 1,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by myp View Post
Your last point is not true. As for prostitutes using drugs- so do some lawyers, bankers, doctors, teachers, you name it- what's your point? Using drugs is not solely a profession-related thing.
true bankers and lawyers use drugs, but in far lesser numbers, every prostitute that i have picked up has been a drug addict, the several lawyers i arrested one was dui the others were interfering with investigations. the two go hand in hand. my point is a generalization but it is generally true. i am sure there are exceptions but they are exceptions.


Quote:
Originally Posted by myp View Post
Morality is subjective. Everyone does not agree on morals including with prostitution is immoral. Let's put it this way- it is immoral today to treat people of different races in different ways, especially legally. At one time that was the status quo. Are you telling me because people said it was right back then that it was right? And along the way there had to be someone who questioned that morality- so even if you see prostitution as something most people are against, maybe those most are wrong (really its subjective though) and the people fighting for it to be legal are going to become the new "morality" as per your definition.
i agree morality is subjective, in fact i said as much, but reality states that if you go against the general moral rule of what ever culture you are in you are looked down upon, right wrong or indifferent. and to change the morality typically takes war, to use your example with the racism the civil war was necessarily to change that. so you basically said exactly what i did but you disagree????? i am confused.

what is your arguement?
clax is offline  
Old June 13th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #32
myp
Founding Father
 
myp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: us
Posts: 5,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by clax View Post
and to change the morality typically takes war, to use your example with the racism the civil war was necessarily to change that. so you basically said exactly what i did but you disagree????? i am confused.
Racism did not go away with the civil war. It didn't even go away in government laws. Universal suffrage came decades after as did equal treatment of women and colored peoples- both those movements were without war by the way.
myp is offline  
Old June 13th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #33
Senator
 
Cerise's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: England
Posts: 553

If men kept their zips fastened, prostitution would end overnight
Cerise is offline  
Old June 13th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #34
myp
Founding Father
 
myp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: us
Posts: 5,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerise View Post
If men kept their zips fastened, prostitution would end overnight
Not in the physiology
myp is offline  
Old June 13th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #35
Senator
 
Cerise's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: England
Posts: 553

mmmmmmmmmmm.............
Cerise is offline  
Old June 13th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #36
myp
Founding Father
 
myp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: us
Posts: 5,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerise View Post
mmmmmmmmmmm.............
Don't take that as I purchase those services because I don't nor do I ever plan to- not really my thing. But some people always will, after all it is the world's oldest profession.
myp is offline  
Old June 13th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #37
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Texas
Posts: 1,975

I deleted this message because it was mistyped, and poorly formatted

Last edited by clax; June 13th, 2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: mistyped
clax is offline  
Old June 13th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #38
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Texas
Posts: 1,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by myp View Post
Your last point is not true. As for prostitutes using drugs- so do some lawyers, bankers, doctors, teachers, you name it- what's your point? Using drugs is not solely a profession-related thing.
no you didnt really get my point. 98% of bankers dont do drugs, banks typically drugtest, where the statistics are opposite for prostitution. In my profession i have delt with many prostitutes, and never met one that wasnt a drug user. Met plenty of bankers and lawyers that were not. So my point is valid. Also there is a lot of violence and other crimes around prostitution. I know first hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myp View Post
Morality is subjective. Everyone does not agree on morals including with prostitution is immoral. Let's put it this way- it is immoral today to treat people of different races in different ways, especially legally. At one time that was the status quo. Are you telling me because people said it was right back then that it was right? And along the way there had to be someone who questioned that morality- so even if you see prostitution as something most people are against, maybe those most are wrong (really its subjective though) and the people fighting for it to be legal are going to become the new "morality" as per your definition.
i absolutly agree and said as much, but if you live in a culture where it is imoral to do something than you will be seen as immoral for having done such. Wrong right or not that is the way it is. You are subject to your culture.

clax is offline  
Old June 13th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #39
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Texas
Posts: 1,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by myp View Post
Racism did not go away with the civil war. It didn't even go away in government laws. Universal suffrage came decades after as did equal treatment of women and colored peoples- both those movements were without war by the way.
no it didnt, but the moral rules were changed. People break the rules but that is not justification for eliminating them. Look at us now, it took 100 years and alot of bloodshed to bring about a nation that finds racism moraly incorrect, are you prepared to go through the same thing for prostitution, because that is what it takes. Dont kid yourself to believe that people can collectively change over night. Look at marajuana smoking, most people think it is silly to lock up kids for burning plants, yet owr jails are full of these people. The moral code is very difficult to alter, many people have very strong opinions, and you have to change them. A supreme chancler cant just dictate from on high what is right and wrong
clax is offline  
Old June 13th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #40
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Texas
Posts: 1,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerise View Post
If men kept their zips fastened, prostitution would end overnight
True, but if prostitutes quit selling services it would disappear over night too. Men are clients, and sometimes in the service side, but so are women.

You can absolutly blame the johns,but blame also rests on the prostitutes and the pimps as well and equally.
clax is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > History

Tags
prostitution



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Porn vs Prostitution Delta History 23 May 22nd, 2010 03:16 AM
Should prostitution be legal? curious Government and Politics 32 May 5th, 2009 08:38 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.