The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > History

History Historical Discussions - For discussion about the great (and not-so-great) happenings of history


Thanks Tree1Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #1
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: washington
Posts: 203

War in Europe :1939-1945! the stupidest generation.

Did the usa do enough to avoid getting entangled in another european conflict ,or did we seek out another opportunity to engage in another war for political and economic reasons? remember FDR.s promise to the american people!

Here are some of Mr. Roosvelt's own words:
Mr. Roosevelt said at Boston on October 30: "I have said this before, but I shall say it again and again and again: Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars."

The same thought was expressed in a speech at Brooklyn on November 1: "I am fighting to keep our people out of foreign wars. And I will keep on fighting."

The President told his audience at Rochester, New York, on November 2: "Your national government ... is equally a government of peace -- a government that intends to retain peace for the American people."

On the same day the voters of Buffalo were assured: "Your President says this country is not going to war."

And he declared at Cleveland on November 3: "The first purpose of our foreign policy is to keep our country out of war."

Why are the American people so stupid to believe in weapons of mass destruction and other fairy tales?
falcondule is offline  
Old August 7th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #2
Representative
 
ThirdTerm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: The motherland
Posts: 192

Prior to the Second World War, America tried to maintain strict neutrality based on its traditional non-interventionism to avoid alliances with foreign powers but it ended up in being drawn into thw war because Britain desperately needed America's participation to contain Nazi Germany. The Anglo-American alliance between Churchill and President Roosevelt marked the start of the Special Relationship between the United Kingdom and the United States and after Pearl Harbor, Churchill famously said: “They have attacked us at Pearl Harbor. We are all in the same boat now. This certainly simplifies things.”

Quote:
At the end of 1940, Hitler openly conceded that he could not force his rival to capitulate with his bombing campaign. He had already abandoned his half-hearted plans to invade Britain months earlier. The two men were at a stalemate. Churchill was also unable to bring down his rival, because the British Army alone was incapable of defeating the Wehrmacht. Churchill did have a plausible plan, and if we are to believe his son Randolph's account, he began putting his plan into action on May 18, 1940. On that morning, Randolph was waiting outside the bathroom door for his father, who was shaving. Suddenly Churchill stopped shaving and said, through the open door: "I think I see my way through." "Do you mean that we can avoid defeat?" Randolph asked. "Of course I mean we can beat them," Churchill replied, "I shall drag the United States in."
The Man Who Saved Europe: 'I Shall Drag the United States In' - SPIEGEL ONLINE
Thanks from tecoyah
ThirdTerm is offline  
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #3
Analyst
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Oklahoma
Posts: 76

It is no secret that FDR was secretly preparing the US for war for several years before we jumped in. A gallop poll however in April of 1941 put Americans squarely in the anti-war, non-interventionist camp at 80% against it. However in gallops same poll days after the Japanese attack those numbers nicely reversed with 80% for involvement and 20% against. FDR knew America would have to take a bloody nose to get behind the war and the very preventable attack on Pearl Harbor was his catalyst. In a very similar manner, the war that George Bush wanted in Iraq, having stated in 1999 as presidential candidate that should he get the chance to go into Iraq he wouldn't screw up like his father but would go all the way to Bahgdad and remove Saddam Hussein, was made possible by the new Pearl Harbor as had been outlined in the Project for a New American Century. 9/11 being his catalyst.
Montecresto is offline  
Old August 7th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #4
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: washington
Posts: 203

My secret agenda for this post was to make you think who it was that pushed FDR for war with germany.What group or LOBBY twisted FDR.s arm to take action? And who or what group or LOBBY pushed the wmd.s scam to get the usa further involved in the middle east [wmds scam] .. and what in both cases facilitated the con...[the controlled media] and who is it that controls the american media???

Rush Limbaugh helped to put the anti iraq wmds. scam over the gullible ditto heads.

And soon the LOBBY will push for war with IRAN for the exact same reasons.

Another zionist business trick !
falcondule is offline  
Old August 7th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #5
Analyst
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Oklahoma
Posts: 76

Can you restate that maybe?
Montecresto is offline  
Old August 10th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #6
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: washington
Posts: 203

Why don't you try .. give it a shot..
falcondule is offline  
Old August 10th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #7
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,588

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcondule View Post
My secret agenda for this post was to make you think who it was that pushed FDR for war with germany.What group or LOBBY twisted FDR.s arm to take action? And who or what group or LOBBY pushed the wmd.s scam to get the usa further involved in the middle east [wmds scam] .. and what in both cases facilitated the con...[the controlled media] and who is it that controls the american media???

Rush Limbaugh helped to put the anti iraq wmds. scam over the gullible ditto heads.

And soon the LOBBY will push for war with IRAN for the exact same reasons.

Another zionist business trick !
Should I move this into the conspiracy forum?

I am torn, and request member input.
tecoyah is online now  
Old August 10th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #8
Analyst
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Oklahoma
Posts: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Should I move this into the conspiracy forum?

I am torn, and request member input.
lol. That's why I asked him to restate it for clarification.
Montecresto is offline  
Old August 12th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #9
rgf
Analyst
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: North Carolina
Posts: 62

The question remains-who forced Hitler to declare war on the US after Pearl Harbor? FDR asked for and was granted a declaration of war against Japan. If memory serves me I don't believe Congress declared war on Germany and if they did it was in response to Hitler acting first.
rgf is offline  
Old August 12th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #10
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: washington
Posts: 203

Orders by FDR to navy to sink all german vessels including passenger ships was issued in 1940! immediately following lend lease. you can push a country just so far!!
falcondule is offline  
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #11
Analyst
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Oklahoma
Posts: 76

Very true.
Montecresto is offline  
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #12
rgf
Analyst
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: North Carolina
Posts: 62

In response to the attacks on 2 US destroyers. The Greer incident and the sinking of the Reuben James in October 1941. After the Greer attack in September FDR ordered the shoot on site directive to US navy command.
rgf is offline  
Old August 13th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #13
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: washington
Posts: 203

The Lend Lease Lie!

[QUOTE=rgf;44962]
In response to the attacks on 2 US destroyers. [operating in a war zone]

The Greer incident and the sinking of the Reuben James in October 1941. After the Greer attack in September FDR ordered the shoot on site directive to US navy command US President Franklin Roosevelt looked for ways to help the European democracies without direct involvement in the war. This necessity increased in June 1940, when the Fall of France left Britain as the only democracy standing between Nazi Germany and America. In 1939, the Fourth Neutrality Act authorised the US to trade arms with belligerents provided that the countries paid in cash and collected them. In March 1941, Roosevelt moved further towards making the US the ‘arsenal of democracy’ with the Lend-Lease Act, which permitted the lending, leasing, selling, or bartering of arms, ammunition and food to “any country whose defence the President deems vital to the defence of the US.”
The US was sucked further towards the conflict when its navy and air force began to ‘escort’ British convoys which transported Lend-Lease material across the Atlantic, protecting them from German submarines. Roosevelt’s announcement of a ‘shoot on sight’ policy in September 1941 following an attack on the USS Greer enraged isolationist senators; they alleged that Roosevelt was deliberately provoking skirmishes with the Germans!!!
Doesn't sound like neutrality to ME!! not after lend lease!!
falcondule is offline  
Old August 14th, 2013, 04:22 AM   #14
rgf
Analyst
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: North Carolina
Posts: 62

What is your point? That the US should have sat on their hands and let Germany do whatever? Is your paranoia so strong that reason and facts have left the building?
rgf is offline  
Old August 14th, 2013, 09:01 AM   #15
Analyst
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Oklahoma
Posts: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgf View Post
What is your point? That the US should have sat on their hands and let Germany do whatever? Is your paranoia so strong that reason and facts have left the building?
No, Standard oil amongst other corporations did plenty to help the Germans. And banks have historically financed both sides of the same war. We're you thinking that wars are really about defeating evil? Money, money, MONEY
Montecresto is offline  
Old August 14th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #16
rgf
Analyst
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: North Carolina
Posts: 62

Ah it must be comfortable to live in your world where if there is evil there must be a conspiracy....by the way if the Zionist bankers were financing both sides how did they let the Holocost happen? .......ooops forgot that is a myth right? propoganda so the Jews would get a homeland right?
rgf is offline  
Old August 15th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #17
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: washington
Posts: 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgf View Post
What is your point? That the US should have sat on their hands and let Germany do whatever? Is your paranoia so strong that reason and facts have left the building?
you're shooting your mouth off.
What was Germany doing? you neglect to explain. Your hatred for germany is such that you can't even define the word neutrality.

The facts are that lend lease was not exactly a neutrally unbiased act of goodwill. sending us destroyers to accompany military hardware and freighters headed for england and into a war zone ,was not a sign of minding one's own business.

what do you expect would eventually happen?

look , all you have is a wikipedia understanding of history and it shows!
falcondule is offline  
Old August 15th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #18
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcondule View Post
you're shooting your mouth off.
What was Germany doing? you neglect to explain. Your hatred for germany is such that you can't even define the word neutrality.

The facts are that lend lease was not exactly a neutrally unbiased act of goodwill. sending us destroyers to accompany military hardware and freighters headed for england and into a war zone ,was not a sign of minding one's own business.

what do you expect would eventually happen?

look , all you have is a wikipedia understanding of history and it shows!
Nazi spies, an abortive Nazi coup, Nazi saboteurs, the sinking of the Lusitania (A civilian medical ship!). The Nazis didn't do much to stay on our good side and we STILL avoided outright war until THEY declared war on US.
David is offline  
Old August 16th, 2013, 05:36 AM   #19
rgf
Analyst
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: North Carolina
Posts: 62

Wow- I must have struck a nerve........hated for Germany-hardly, hatred for mad men dictator mass murders-absolutely. Wikipedia is a good source but if I was serious about this discussion I would rely on my History Degree from Cornell. By the way when your home all by your lonesome do you dress up like Uncle Adolf and march around the house screaming orders at your make belief minions?
rgf is offline  
Old August 17th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #20
Banned Camp
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: washington
Posts: 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Nazi spies, an abortive Nazi coup, Nazi saboteurs, the sinking of the Lusitania (A civilian medical ship!). The Nazis didn't do much to stay on our good side and we STILL avoided outright war until THEY declared war on US.
Lusitania??? I think you got your world wars confused! lol. you failed the class;try summer school next year...

Last edited by falcondule; August 17th, 2013 at 12:48 PM.
falcondule is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > History

Tags
europe , generation , stupid , stupidest , war



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Immigration Bill = 1945 US Surrender to Japan Protectionist Current Events 16 May 22nd, 2013 12:26 PM
Step Aside Perry, Obama Gets Stupid Again CatholicCrusader Current Events 5 December 1st, 2011 10:43 AM
Can Europe follow the US in shale gas? myp Current Events 1 November 29th, 2011 02:31 PM
Ether the Iranians are getting ballsy or just stupid. David Current Events 4 September 27th, 2011 09:39 PM
Ash from Icelandic volcano may hover over Europe for a few days myp Current Events 15 May 26th, 2010 02:21 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.