The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Philosophy

Philosophy Philosophy discussion about everything from politics to daily living to ethics and morals

Thanks Tree1Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #21
myp
Founding Father
 
myp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: md
Posts: 5,854

I agree with Dodge- not a religious issue. I think of it along the lines of murder- if we decide as a civilization that murder is unacceptable, I think it is pretty close to also say that sex with children should be unacceptable too. And that is regardless of what the children say about it because they are young and often don't understand the world or themselves as well as a mature sexually active person does.
myp is offline  
Register

Welcome to the Political Fray, a free Political Forum for intelligent discussion of politics and current events.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today

We look forward to having you become part of our Political Fray family!

Old March 7th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #22
Banned
 
Schmidt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by myp View Post
I agree with Dodge- not a religious issue. I think of it along the lines of murder- if we decide as a civilization that murder is unacceptable, I think it is pretty close to also say that sex with children should be unacceptable too. And that is regardless of what the children say about it because they are young and often don't understand the world or themselves as well as a mature sexually active person does.
i said there has to be a certian age of consent and with that in mind this also calls into question the drinking age which is 21

is that the right age to be giving people
Alcohol ?
hell if i know but my point and the reason i sided with him is that every one else pretty much shot it down without explaning why]
that is not helpful
Schmidt is offline  
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #23
Analyst
 
rice_farmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: HONG KONG
Posts: 52

Murder and having intercourse with children are two very differnt topics, so i feel there is no logic in comparing the two. Don't get me wrong I do not consent to any of this, but as children get older they do understand what is considered right and wrong behavior. Knowing this, perhaps there should be an age established, younger than 18, that gives them freedom to choose.
rice_farmer is offline  
Old March 7th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #24
Congressional Leader
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Port St. Lucie
Posts: 4,958

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_farmer View Post
Murder and having intercourse with children are two very differnt topics, so i feel there is no logic in comparing the two. Don't get me wrong I do not consent to any of this, but as children get older they do understand what is considered right and wrong behavior. Knowing this, perhaps there should be an age established, younger than 18, that gives them freedom to choose.
That's a moot point, the age of Consent is already 16.
David is offline  
Old March 12th, 2012, 03:09 AM   #25
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Texas
Posts: 1,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_farmer View Post
Murder and having intercourse with children are two very differnt topics, so i feel there is no logic in comparing the two. Don't get me wrong I do not consent to any of this, but as children get older they do understand what is considered right and wrong behavior. Knowing this, perhaps there should be an age established, younger than 18, that gives them freedom to choose.
They have everything to do with eachother. You are questioning morality, which is not defendable with facts.

The reason it is wrong is the same reason everything else that is wrong is wrong. It has to do with what a community thinks is wrong. There are cultures that exist today that think consentual sex with children is okay. And it is in such places because it is tolorated. In my community it is not tolerated, ask the people around you if you want to know, but if you are wanting a reason based on a provable fact you will never find it
clax is offline  
Old March 13th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #26
Senator
 
Cerise's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: England
Posts: 553

Can someone please explain to me what is sexually attractive about a child?

Can they also please explain why babies are 'raped'? To me it falls into the same line
Cerise is offline  
Old March 13th, 2012, 06:33 AM   #27
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerise View Post
Can someone please explain to me what is sexually attractive about a child?

Can they also please explain why babies are 'raped'? To me it falls into the same line
I can only guess. It must take someone sexually stuck in their own childhood. Not man or woman enough to have a real relationship with an adult. I know children play "doctor" with each other. Then as they develop they move on to be attracted to adults. Also I have heard that there is less pressure since the child has nothing to compare it to.

I do truly believe there is no "cure" for it short of prison or death.

But then I really don't understand it either.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #28
myp
Founding Father
 
myp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: md
Posts: 5,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerise View Post
Can someone please explain to me what is sexually attractive about a child?

Can they also please explain why babies are 'raped'? To me it falls into the same line
There are likely several possible explanations. I am not an expert, but rape is often a case of power more than sexual attraction. Some people might well be attracted to children sexually too though for various reasons whether it be an attraction to innocence or just acquired preference. I know there have been psych studies that suggest that fetishes like shoe fetishes, etc. form as people associate certain things with sex- for example if someone always sees that high heel toppled over while and after having sex, they might then start being attracted to heels in and of themselves creating that fetish. Something like that could probably happen with children too.
myp is offline  
Old March 19th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #29
Analyst
 
theconspirator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: undisclosed
Posts: 85

If the child is old enough to fully and willing consent to the realtionship i don see the problem
theconspirator is offline  
Old March 19th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #30
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by theconspirator View Post
If the child is old enough to fully and willing consent to the realtionship i don see the problem
Then I feel sorry for you and the child. I really don't understand why having sex with children is so important to you. Or do I?
DodgeFB is offline  
Old March 19th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #31
Banned
 
Schmidt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerise View Post
Can someone please explain to me what is sexually attractive about a child?

Can they also please explain why babies are 'raped'? To me it falls into the same line
we never said that raping babies was right and seeing someone as attractive depends on who you are
Schmidt is offline  
Old March 19th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #32
Banned
 
Schmidt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
Then I feel sorry for you and the child. I really don't understand why having sex with children is so important to you. Or do I?

Please don't personal attack my friends by insinuating that he wants to have sex with a child.
Schmidt is offline  
Old March 19th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #33
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
Please don't personal attack my friends by insinuating that he wants to have sex with a child.
I did not personally attack anyone. I asked why it was so important to stick to that topic.

I don't see how I can tell you and your "friend" apart. You seem to be one and the same most of the time.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old March 19th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #34
Banned
 
Schmidt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
I did not personally attack anyone. I asked why it was so important to stick to that topic.

I don't see how I can tell you and your "friend" apart. You seem to be one and the same most of the time.
Just because we are posting from the same place does not mean we are the same person.
Schmidt is offline  
Old March 19th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #35
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
Just because we are posting from the same place does not mean we are the same person.
Argentina and Texas just seem to be in different places to me. If myp okays it that is fine with me. But it is beginning to feel like tag team posting if nothing else. And for all I know you could be just playing some trolling game.

But I don't enjoy talking about anal sex or screwing children. So I get really tired dealing with it over and over when it is going nowhere.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old March 20th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #36
Analyst
 
theconspirator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: undisclosed
Posts: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
Then I feel sorry for you and the child. I really don't understand why having sex with children is so important to you. Or do I?
its not important to me because i dont see myself having sex with a child. But a child can be identified as a son or daughter of any age. So defining what age they go from child to adult is either decided by the laws of that country or your own humanity. So it all comes down to the country and the person really.
theconspirator is offline  
Old March 20th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #37
Banned
 
Schmidt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeFB View Post
Argentina and Texas just seem to be in different places to me. If myp okays it that is fine with me. But it is beginning to feel like tag team posting if nothing else. And for all I know you could be just playing some trolling game.

But I don't enjoy talking about anal sex or screwing children. So I get really tired dealing with it over and over when it is going nowhere.
I picked the Argentinean flag because I liked the way it looked.
Please do not post if you do not like talking about it all you are doing is a disservice to yourself. I do not like speaking or rather posting about it either but if someone makes a valid point and means no harm in earnest. Then people shot it down without a explanation why and threaten physical violence (dull knife removal) to this person or persons involved in this point then I will defend this point because of those people I mentioned earlier and their general lack of respect for the validity of the point being made. I may not necessarily believe in this point but he does not deserve this enmity for trying to make a valid point.
Please do not be immature or act uneducated when responding.

I was joking about anal sex because if you read the comment above it sounded somewhat intelligent. It was meant to be a juxtaposing joke. I am sorry if I have offended you.
Schmidt is offline  
Old March 21st, 2012, 02:57 PM   #38
Congressional Leader
 
DodgeFB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
From: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
I picked the Argentinean flag because I liked the way it looked.
Please do not post if you do not like talking about it all you are doing is a disservice to yourself. I do not like speaking or rather posting about it either but if someone makes a valid point and means no harm in earnest. Then people shot it down without a explanation why and threaten physical violence (dull knife removal) to this person or persons involved in this point then I will defend this point because of those people I mentioned earlier and their general lack of respect for the validity of the point being made. I may not necessarily believe in this point but he does not deserve this enmity for trying to make a valid point.
Please do not be immature or act uneducated when responding.

I was joking about anal sex because if you read the comment above it sounded somewhat intelligent. It was meant to be a juxtaposing joke. I am sorry if I have offended you.
The subject offends me. So if it is important enough for you keep it going, go for it. As long as you play by the rules I will stay out of it.

But never expect me to agree with it. And don't expect me to keep wasting time debating something that I have been very clear on. Anyone that does not understand that screwing children is wrong will never understand. They just lack something that they will never get. Seems pedophilia has no cure.
DodgeFB is offline  
Old March 21st, 2012, 09:27 PM   #39
Analyst
 
rice_farmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: HONG KONG
Posts: 52

Morally, what would all you consider the proper age? (disregarding the current law.)
In Mexico the legal sex age is 16.
rice_farmer is offline  
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:13 PM   #40
Congressional Leader
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Port St. Lucie
Posts: 4,958

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_farmer View Post
Morally, what would all you consider the proper age? (disregarding the current law.)
In Mexico the legal sex age is 16.
That's most of the world.
David is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Philosophy

Tags
devil's advocate , kids , sex

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kids using hand sanitizer to get drunk myp Current Events 15 April 27th, 2012 08:34 AM
Childrens' Lunch Bill Clears Senate Panel - Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act el canadiano Government and Politics 0 August 6th, 2010 05:32 PM
Moms Of Jailed American Hikers Return From Iran -- Without Their Kids irahat Current Events 0 May 23rd, 2010 10:20 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.