The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Philosophy

Philosophy Philosophy discussion about everything from politics to daily living to ethics and morals


View Poll Results: Should Abrtion be Illegal?
Yes...the unborn are the most important. 1 20.00%
No...every adult owns their own body. 3 60.00%
Only if it does not endanger the mother. 0 0%
......other..... 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By arcturus88
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2017, 10:12 AM   #1
Retired
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,775

How important do you think you are?

Is your opinion so profoundly important that is needs to be adhered to by everyone else?
Do you hold such high regard for yourself that your word and thoughts should become Law?
Does the freedom a person has to their own body become invalid based upon your OPINION?

Or is it only women?
tecoyah is offline  
Old December 10th, 2017, 10:23 AM   #2
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,226

Your poll question does not match thread title!

Other: Use common damn sense!
Ralph47 is offline  
Old December 13th, 2017, 09:28 PM   #3
Governor
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,356

'
If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament! ---
.
numan is offline  
Old December 13th, 2017, 10:51 PM   #4
Retired
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
Your poll question does not match thread title!

Other: Use common damn sense!
Ironic...if you managed to use common sense or actually minimal intellect, it matches perfectly.
tecoyah is offline  
Old December 14th, 2017, 04:10 AM   #5
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Ironic...if you managed to use common sense or actually minimal intellect, it matches perfectly.
Like they say... perception IS reality!
Ralph47 is offline  
Old December 14th, 2017, 04:14 AM   #6
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by numan View Post
'
If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament! ---
.
My grandmother swore if she ever got pregnant again, she'd kill herself. Consequently, my mother was an only child.

Same grandmother got in an accident when she was young when grandpa was teaching her how to drive, and she never drove again.
Ralph47 is offline  
Old December 14th, 2017, 04:31 AM   #7
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,800

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Is your opinion so profoundly important that is needs to be adhered to by everyone else?
Do you hold such high regard for yourself that your word and thoughts should become Law?
Does the freedom a person has to their own body become invalid based upon your OPINION?

Or is it only women?
Imagine a thread created by a southern plantation owner in the 19th century, aimed at northerners, regarding their opposition to slavery.

It might read something like this:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantation owner
Is your opinion so profoundly important that is needs to be adhered to by everyone else?
Do you hold such high regard for yourself that your word and thoughts should become Law?
Does the freedom a person has to farm their cotton the way they see fit become invalid based upon your OPINION?
arcturus88 is offline  
Old December 14th, 2017, 04:39 AM   #8
Retired
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,775

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
Imagine a thread created by a southern plantation owner in the 19th century, aimed at northerners, regarding their opposition to slavery.

It might read something like this:
This is the often used tactic by anti choice individuals to support their position, Obviously not deciding to realize that this is a completely different time, slavery is illegal, and human rights have advanced dramatically. I take it your answer is then that you believe your own opinion should define the freedoms and rights of everyone else?

You certainly have a narcissistic streak.
tecoyah is offline  
Old December 14th, 2017, 04:49 AM   #9
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,800

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
This is the often used tactic by anti choice individuals to support their position, Obviously not deciding to realize that this is a completely different time, slavery is illegal, and human rights have advanced dramatically. I take it your answer is then that you believe your own opinion should define the freedoms and rights of everyone else?

You certainly have a narcissistic streak.

I gauged the difference in time, and you are correct in that human rights have advanced since the days of slavery.

However, I would say that in part these changes took place because some (abolitionists) believed their opinion should define the freedoms and rights of everyone else.

I haven't even stated my opinion on abortion at this point. I'm only highlighting that your argument could very well be the same argument a plantation owner would use to defend slavery (almost word for word). In this way, it is a poor argument (no offense).
Thanks from Ralph47

Last edited by arcturus88; December 14th, 2017 at 08:45 AM.
arcturus88 is offline  
Old December 15th, 2017, 12:22 PM   #10
Governor
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,356

'
Returning to the topic of the thread:

BORKED
.
numan is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Philosophy

Tags
important



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Important "Inconvenient Truths". tecoyah Current Events 0 July 18th, 2017 01:10 AM
Massachusetts gets set to vote in important election myp Current Events 9 January 19th, 2010 07:48 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.