The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > Lounge > Political Humor

Political Humor Political Humor and Satire - For the lighter side of politics so don't take everything here seriously


Thanks Tree12Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2018, 07:06 PM   #1
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (-1)

Narrator: The huge black dog was taken out from the dungeon and chained to the gate of the old man's mountain fortress next day. Meanwhile, the priest was riding a white horse like the wind towards the old man's mountain fortress which was a magnificent castle built on top of a high rock reaching 2000 m above sea level.

On the way, he found an old man sitting on a high wall of a large building.

Priest: Hi, Old Man of the Mountain!

Old man: No, I am not the Old Man of the Mountain. I am his twin brother.

Priest: Don't pull my leg. You really resemble the Old Man of the Mountain.

Old man: If I were my twin brother, I would have that super magic power to fly over the wall like a bird. I won't end up in such a precarious position on the wall, thinking how to jump down safely to enter my summer resort through the back door.

Priest: Why don't you enter your summer resort through the main entrance?

Old man: I am running a four-yearly election against my twin brother for the post of Lord of the Mountain Castle. Thousands of protesters are blocking the main entrance to my summer resort as they turned violent against my proposed ban on immigration of a certain religious group and deportation of all illegal immigrants from the region. Hence I detoured around the walls to the back of the building, so that I can sneak inside by climbing over this wall.

Priest: If your election campaign continues to be dogged by protestors, I suggest that you should take up some parkour lessons to overcome all barriers and obstacles, otherwise you may end up like the character in my "haiku".

High wall,
Humpty Dumpty falls,
Boom!

Old man: What rubbish are you reciting? Stop poking fun at me! Leave me alone!

Priest: Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. Seeing you sitting precariously on the wall just reminds me of Humpty Dumpty.

Old man: Anyway, I don't have any more time for your nonsense. I have to jump down now. High on the wall, I can see some protesters coming in this direction. I don't want them to see me in this awkward situation. Goodbye!

Narrator: After saying those words, the old man jumped down with a boom. Whether he came out alive or not, the priest did not know as he could not see the other side of the wall. With his horse breaking into a furious gallop, he continued his journey towards the old man's mountain fortress.

*************************************** THE END *************************************************
reedak is offline  
Old April 18th, 2018, 04:23 AM   #2
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,452

Do you have too much time on your hands? (just curious! )

Ralph47 is online now  
Old April 18th, 2018, 07:57 PM   #3
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
Do you have too much time on your hands? (just curious! )
My Trump fan, not as much as you.

P.S. Keep on singing away your time till we meet in Heaven or Hell.
reedak is offline  
Old April 19th, 2018, 04:04 AM   #4
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post

P.S. Keep on singing away your time till we meet in Heaven or Hell.
My dear Obama fan, we'll need to plan for one, as Murphy's Law will have us go to opposite places.


Ralph47 is online now  
Old April 19th, 2018, 05:14 AM   #5
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,452

BTW: I don't recognize anything "political" about your fairy tales.

Ralph47 is online now  
Old April 19th, 2018, 08:09 PM   #6
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
BTW: I don't recognize anything "political" about your fairy tales...
My dear friend, how can a "politically blind" person like you recognise anything "political"?
reedak is offline  
Old April 20th, 2018, 05:18 AM   #7
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post
My dear friend, how can a "politically blind" person like you recognise anything "political"?
Evidence? - please provide.

Ralph47 is online now  
Old April 24th, 2018, 01:36 AM   #8
Representative
 
reedak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
From: Earth
Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
Evidence? - please provide.

Hey dude! If you continue crossing a road or driving with that cockeyed grin in your eyes, you will leave this world sooner than expected.

Okay, after cracking the cockeyed joke with you, let's turn to our serious business of providing evidence.

First of all, what is the message of the following political satire?

Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (15)
reedak is offline  
Old April 24th, 2018, 04:25 AM   #9
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedak View Post
Hey dude! If you continue crossing a road or driving with that cockeyed grin in your eyes, you will leave this world sooner than expected.

Okay, after cracking the cockeyed joke with you, let's turn to our serious business of providing evidence.

First of all, what is the message of the following political satire?

Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (15)
My friend, unfortunately the problem with implications or saying things figuratively, rather than literally, is "the message" is highly dependent upon one's perspective!

From my perspective, the message is: "if you wanna make an omelet, you gotta break some eggs".

Last edited by Ralph47; April 24th, 2018 at 04:45 AM.
Ralph47 is online now  
Old April 24th, 2018, 05:17 AM   #10
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph47 View Post
My friend, unfortunately the problem with implications or saying things figuratively, rather than literally, is "the message" is highly dependent upon one's perspective!

From my perspective, the message is: "if you wanna make an omelet, you gotta break some eggs".
I agree. For me it is a bit pointless. I have no desire to try to figure out the meaning. I don't bother reading them and I would guess that very few people bother to read them based on the response.
mcstites is offline  
Old April 24th, 2018, 05:37 AM   #11
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post
I agree. For me it is a bit pointless. I have no desire to try to figure out the meaning. I don't bother reading them and I would guess that very few people bother to read them based on the response.
Indubitably!

Ralph47 is online now  
Old April 24th, 2018, 05:50 AM   #12
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 401

Just a side note. My opinion on this is pretty much useless. If you enjoy writing and posting them, then go for it. I just won't bother reading them. No harm, no foul.
mcstites is offline  
Old April 24th, 2018, 07:05 AM   #13
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post
...I don't bother reading them and I would guess that very few people bother to read them based on the response.


this is true, but only because there are very few that post here at all.

that said I read them.

you and ralph lack the artistic gene needed for such depth.
Thanks from reedak
arcturus88 is offline  
Old April 24th, 2018, 07:09 AM   #14
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post

you and ralph lack the artistic gene needed for such depth.
We both are highly scientific. It would be highly unusual to be gifted with both talents!
Ralph47 is online now  
Old April 24th, 2018, 07:16 AM   #15
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
this is true, but only because there are very few that post here at all.

that said I read them.

you and ralph lack the artistic gene needed for such depth.
Don't confuse lack of interest with lack of ability. I enjoy reading and art.

But Ralph is correct. My talent is mostly math and sciences. A world where I suspect you would be lost.
mcstites is offline  
Old April 24th, 2018, 07:27 AM   #16
Governor
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 2,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post
A world where I suspect you would be lost.
Actually, he was indeed highly successful in engineering.
Ralph47 is online now  
Old April 24th, 2018, 07:30 AM   #17
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post
Don't confuse lack of interest with lack of ability. I enjoy reading and art.

But Ralph is correct. My talent is mostly math and sciences. A world where I suspect you would be lost.

that is certainly a paradox then...

you have posted multiple times on this and other threads that you supposedly lacked interest.

I may or may not be lost in your world of math and science. as for now, I am quite comfortable in my own skin and have no need to puff out my chest.
Thanks from reedak
arcturus88 is offline  
Old April 24th, 2018, 07:50 AM   #18
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post

I....have no need to puff out my chest.
But that is exactly what you did when making your remarks about Ralph and me. Like I said before, I have no objections to your writing. It may even be very good writing. I just have no interest in reading it. No harm. No foul.
mcstites is offline  
Old April 24th, 2018, 08:29 AM   #19
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 1,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstites View Post
But that is exactly what you did when making your remarks about Ralph and me. Like I said before, I have no objections to your writing. It may even be very good writing. I just have no interest in reading it. No harm. No foul.
you mean this...

Quote:
you and ralph lack the artistic gene needed for such depth.
a mere joke , my good man.
ralph surely gets it but I've known him for 20+ years too.
Thanks from reedak
arcturus88 is offline  
Old April 24th, 2018, 08:51 AM   #20
Representative
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Arkansas
Posts: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
you mean this...



a mere joke , my good man.
ralph surely gets it but I've known him for 20+ years too.
So you didn't recognize mine as a joke?
mcstites is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > Lounge > Political Humor

Tags
man , mountain , political , satire



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain reedak Political Humor 14 April 4th, 2018 04:28 AM
Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (9) reedak Political Humor 0 December 16th, 2017 07:07 PM
Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (4) reedak Political Humor 0 June 20th, 2017 09:55 PM
Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (3) reedak Political Humor 3 May 29th, 2017 02:57 PM
Political Satire: The Old Man of the Mountain (2) reedak Political Humor 2 May 29th, 2017 06:35 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.