The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Religion

Religion For discussion about different religions and belief structures - Please be respectful of other's beliefs


Thanks Tree9Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2014, 09:12 AM   #21
Governor
 
Polydectes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: just past the moons of Jupiter
Posts: 1,173

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Belief in a God....is the basis for most religions.
A thing need not be "About" religion, to be caused by it.
Yeah I know. But a Detroit they believe in isn't necessarily real. Religion is.
Quote:
Traffic "Accidents" are just that, they are not purposeful death or damage. The same cannot be said of the followers of one God or another killing in its name.
So what? Is accidental death somehow not destructive?

The title of the OP is the most destructive human creation. Not the most purposefully destructive human creation.

It's a fact automobile traffic is the most destructive thing known to man. Even though the destruction isn't on purpose.

Did humans not create automobiles? Is 5million deaths not destructive?
Thanks from tecoyah
Polydectes is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 09:46 AM   #22
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydectes View Post
Yeah I know. But a Detroit they believe in isn't necessarily real. Religion is.

So what? Is accidental death somehow not destructive?

The title of the OP is the most destructive human creation. Not the most purposefully destructive human creation.

It's a fact automobile traffic is the most destructive thing known to man. Even though the destruction isn't on purpose.

Did humans not create automobiles? Is 5million deaths not destructive?
Valid point.....and I must submit your accuracy, as indeed humans created automobiles, and more human deaths occur as a result.

Yet....they are still accidental.
tecoyah is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 09:49 AM   #23
Governor
 
Polydectes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: just past the moons of Jupiter
Posts: 1,173

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Valid point.....and I must submit your accuracy, as indeed humans created automobiles, and more human deaths occur as a result.
I know.
Quote:
Yet....they are still accidental.
This still isn't relevant.
Polydectes is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 09:55 AM   #24
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydectes View Post
I know.

This still isn't relevant.
I see...so the "Most Destructive" aspect of the thread need be paramount, and the dismissal of the "God" aspect must be accepted....I am left to wonder as to WHY?

Almost seems typical, as anything that paints this dude in a bad light gets ignored.
tecoyah is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 10:01 AM   #25
Governor
 
Polydectes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: just past the moons of Jupiter
Posts: 1,173

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
I see...so the "Most Destructive" aspect of the thread need be paramount, and the dismissal of the "God" aspect must be accepted....I am left to wonder as to WHY?
god never killed anybody because it doesn't exist.

Almost seems typical, as anything that paints this dude in a bad light gets ignored.[/QUOTE]
So you believe in god? duly noted. It seemed misleading because you said you didn't.
Thanks from tecoyah
Polydectes is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 10:10 AM   #26
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydectes View Post
god never killed anybody because it doesn't exist.

Almost seems typical, as anything that paints this dude in a bad light gets ignored.
So you believe in god? duly noted. It seemed misleading because you said you didn't.[/QUOTE]

Actually...I believe in people that believe in God.

I also believe these people act upon the creation earlier people made up for them...often in extremely unpleasant ways. Thus, it is a terrible human creation.

Unless you can clearly state this concept is not manmade....my point stands.
tecoyah is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 10:16 AM   #27
myp
Founding Father
 
myp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: us
Posts: 5,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydectes View Post
War has less cost and more benefit than automobiles.
That is highly arguable. I am inclined to think most would disagree. Depends on the war too of course.

The automobile argument just doesn't hold much water because it is so obvious that the benefit outweighs the cost (that is not obv with war). If we are to take raw death numbers as a lone indication of destructiveness then eating food is more destructive (choking, food-related deaths, etc.) than anthrax, but clearly no sane person believes that.
Thanks from tecoyah
myp is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 10:24 AM   #28
Governor
 
Polydectes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: just past the moons of Jupiter
Posts: 1,173

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Actually...I believe in people that believe in God.
Oh, so you meant people when you said god. Seems odd.

Quote:
I also believe these people act upon the creation earlier people made up for them...often in extremely unpleasant ways. Thus, it is a terrible human creation.
Seems you are buying their justification for THEIR acts. I would say prejudice is theroot to this and the god concept it's simply a reflection of this.

Quote:
Unless you can clearly state this concept is not manmade....my point stands.
You point ceased to stand when I pointed out the most destructive human creation. You are so tied up in your religion/prejudice you don't accept it.
Polydectes is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 10:49 AM   #29
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydectes View Post
Oh, so you meant people when you said god. Seems odd.


Seems you are buying their justification for THEIR acts. I would say prejudice is theroot to this and the god concept it's simply a reflection of this.

You point ceased to stand when I pointed out the most destructive human creation. You are so tied up in your religion/prejudice you don't accept it.
People ARE God...this thingy would not exist were it not for people.

It is completely understandable that you have cho0sen to sideline away from my question....as you cannot and will not provide anything acceptable by reality that this "God"....which is the cause of so much suffering actually exists.

Still....you pay to it.

My turn to laugh.
tecoyah is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 11:03 AM   #30
Governor
 
Polydectes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: just past the moons of Jupiter
Posts: 1,173

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
People ARE God...this thingy would not exist were it not for people.
No, people are people.
Quote:
It is completely understandable that you have cho0sen to sideline away from my question.
No I addressed your question and corrected your mistake.

Quote:
...as you cannot and will not provide anything acceptable by reality that this "God"
To...........many...........periods...........in.. .............your...................posts......... ......why............do.........you ..........do..........that?????????????????????

As for your statement, it's irrelevant.
Quote:
....which is the cause of so much suffering actually exists.
1/50,000th if even that of traffic accidents. More people I love were killed in car accidents than in holy wars.
Quote:
Still....you pay to it.
Pay to what?
Quote:
My turn to laugh.
Only person you should laugh at it's yourself. A self proclaimed atheist that believe people are gods or god or what ever incoherent nonsense you said earlier.

Don't be a sore loser. You were wrong I proved it.
Polydectes is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 11:07 AM   #31
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydectes View Post
No, people are people.
No I addressed your question and corrected your mistake.

To...........many...........periods...........in.. .............your...................posts......... ......why............do.........you ..........do..........that?????????????????????

As for your statement, it's irrelevant.
1/50,000th if even that of traffic accidents. More people I love were killed in car accidents than in holy wars.
Pay to what?

Only person you should laugh at it's yourself. A self proclaimed atheist that believe people are gods or god or what ever incoherent nonsense you said earlier.

Don't be a sore loser. You were wrong I proved it.
I get it now...there is no point in continuation.

thanks for that which was.
tecoyah is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 11:19 AM   #32
Governor
 
Polydectes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: just past the moons of Jupiter
Posts: 1,173

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
I get it now...there is no point in continuation.

thanks for that which was.
right, you are wrong proven and documented. Next time have all the facts before posting nonsense. it will help you look less ridiculous.
Polydectes is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 11:23 AM   #33
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydectes View Post
right, you are wrong proven and documented. Next time have all the facts before posting nonsense. it will help you look less ridiculous.
Accepted...I will happily take the insult.

I truly hope whatever God you worship is as pleasant as I am.
tecoyah is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #34
Governor
 
Polydectes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: just past the moons of Jupiter
Posts: 1,173

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Accepted...I will happily take the insult.
Facts shouldn't insult you.
Quote:
I truly hope whatever God you worship is as pleasant as I am.
Pleasant? You? You are obviously extremely prejudiced against people that worship a different god than your god which is apparently people. You are apparently so consumed by that prejudice you substitute your own made up facts for reality.


Polydectes is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 01:09 PM   #35
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydectes View Post
Facts shouldn't insult you.

Pleasant? You? You are obviously extremely prejudiced against people that worship a different god than your god which is apparently people. You are apparently so consumed by that prejudice you substitute your own made up facts for reality.


My only prejudice is fact.....if you have a few...please provide them.



And, considering what I am provided...YES, I am quite pleasant.
tecoyah is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 01:57 PM   #36
Governor
 
Polydectes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: just past the moons of Jupiter
Posts: 1,173

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
My only prejudice is fact.....if you have a few...please provide them.
You are prejudiced against facts. I posted them and you prattled on about nonsense. Just in case you forgot allow me to refresh your memory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydectes View Post
Nope, the combination of automobile and traffic is waymore destructive. There is an estimated 5,140,000 deaths caused by traffic List of motor vehicle deaths in U.S. by year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That means nearly 5 times as many Americans that have died in traffic than in all American wars combined. And the auto mobile has only been around for a century.

United States military casualties of war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
if you add up the American casualties in all wars since therevolutionary war it equals 1,269,260.

5,140,000-1,269,260=3,870,740

3,870,740 more people have died in traffic.

A battle zone is safer than the highway.

The most destructive creation man has ever seen is Automobile Traffic

That is exactly why I am a traffic police officer.



Quote:
And, considering what I am provided...YES, I am quite pleasant.
What do you know about it? You never know how you look inother people's eyes kiddo.
Polydectes is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 02:06 PM   #37
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydectes View Post
You are prejudiced against facts. I posted them and you prattled on about nonsense. Just in case you forgot allow me to refresh your memory.






What do you know about it? You never know how you look inother people's eyes kiddo.
Firstly....you posted no "facts" of note.

Secondly...the simply fact you still are allowed to post here (Clax)....should make clear I am pleasant.


Would you like me to prove otherwise?
tecoyah is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 02:20 PM   #38
Governor
 
Polydectes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: just past the moons of Jupiter
Posts: 1,173

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Firstly....you posted no "facts" of note.
Yes I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydectes View Post
Nope, the combination of automobile and traffic is waymore destructive. There is an estimated 5,140,000 deaths caused by traffic List of motor vehicle deaths in U.S. by year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That means nearly 5 times as many Americans that have died in traffic than in all American wars combined. And the auto mobile has only been around for a century.

United States military casualties of war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
if you add up the American casualties in all wars since therevolutionary war it equals 1,269,260.

5,140,000-1,269,260=3,870,740

3,870,740 more people have died in traffic.

A battle zone is safer than the highway.

The most destructive creation man has ever seen is Automobile Traffic

That is exactly why I am a traffic police officer.

Quote:
Secondly...the simply fact you still are allowed to post here (Clax)....should make clear I am pleasant.
You need posters, otherwise it will just be you. I suspect the only reason I am still here.

Quote:
Would you like me to prove otherwise?
I just don't care.
Polydectes is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 03:14 PM   #39
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydectes View Post
Yes I did.



You need posters, otherwise it will just be you. I suspect the only reason I am still here.


I just don't care.
I will state for the record....though you might pay attention as well.



Every individual here joins of their own volition, and each accepts the simple fact they can enjoy it unless considered unworthy.

I have been given the charge of defining this fine line....and take it seriously, though I try to be compassionate.

There are times however, when The community stability does not allow for this, and I must be an ass.




Deal with it...or leave, saves me the hassle.


Moderation can be a bitch.
tecoyah is offline  
Old February 18th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #40
Governor
 
Polydectes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: just past the moons of Jupiter
Posts: 1,173

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
I will state for the record....though you might pay attention as well.



Every individual here joins of their own volition, and each accepts the simple fact they can enjoy it unless considered unworthy.

I have been given the charge of defining this fine line....and take it seriously, though I try to be compassionate.

There are times however, when The community stability does not allow for this, and I must be an ass.




Deal with it...or leave, saves me the hassle.


Moderation can be a bitch.
its funny that you jumped to moderating people when they prove you wrong.

Sour grapes I suppose. It still isn't going to change the facts though.
Polydectes is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Religion

Tags
creation , destructive , human



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Can Be Done To Stop Destructive Tornados ? Protectionist Current Events 60 June 21st, 2013 04:10 PM
human trafficking clax History 21 January 30th, 2013 07:58 PM
Miracle of the creation of the embryo eninn Religion 7 June 5th, 2012 06:48 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.