The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Religion

Religion For discussion about different religions and belief structures - Please be respectful of other's beliefs


Thanks Tree23Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2017, 11:33 AM   #61
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
Disagreed. Religion is a tool for greater spiritual awareness. The fact some men have used it to do exactly what you said is irrelevant.

Religion has given great comfort to far more than it has been used for harm. The same goes for axes, guns, automobiles and other tools which have been misused and harmed others.
Granted religion can be used (and is) for spiritual growth and understanding, this aspect does not seem to be primary in it's practice and the harm it inflicts in physical and mental realities far exceed the benefits Sunday morning Christians claim.
Thanks from numan
tecoyah is online now  
Old September 15th, 2017, 02:51 PM   #62
Representative
 
Road Warrior's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: North Texas
Posts: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
"Spiritual awareness" is mere fantasy.

Just because you think something is there, does not make it so.
Correct. OTOH, just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.
Thanks from numan
Road Warrior is offline  
Old September 15th, 2017, 02:54 PM   #63
Representative
 
Road Warrior's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: North Texas
Posts: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Granted religion can be used (and is) for spiritual growth and understanding, this aspect does not seem to be primary in it's practice and the harm it inflicts in physical and mental realities far exceed the benefits Sunday morning Christians claim.
Religions, like political groups, start out as movements with a great goal in mind, but eventually evolve into simply supporting the group, not the goal.
Thanks from tecoyah
Road Warrior is offline  
Old September 16th, 2017, 06:02 PM   #64
Governor
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
Oops! I forgot about the Ogopogo in Lake Okanagan, British Columbia!!! -
my bad!
You also forgot Cadborosaurus, which swims in the Bay just down the hill from where I live!


.

Last edited by numan; September 16th, 2017 at 06:10 PM.
numan is offline  
Old September 18th, 2017, 03:18 PM   #65
Representative
 
Road Warrior's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: North Texas
Posts: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
EXACTLY like Bigfoot/Yeti, Loch Ness Monsters, the Chupacabra, Space Aliens/UFOs, haunted, houses, Thylacine/Tasmanian Tiger, Vampires, Witches, the Jersey Devil, the Chullachaki, Mokele-Mbembe/Swamp Dinosaur, etc, etc., etc.

When no evidence of them either, they do not exist - period.
So you believe life only exists on Earth or just intelligent life?
Road Warrior is offline  
Old September 18th, 2017, 04:56 PM   #66
Governor
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
So you believe life only exists on Earth or just intelligent life?
Intelligent life does not exist on Earth.
.
numan is offline  
Old September 18th, 2017, 05:16 PM   #67
Representative
 
Road Warrior's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: North Texas
Posts: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by numan View Post
Intelligent life does not exist on Earth.
.
Always good to have input from the "Cling-on" empire.

Road Warrior is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2017, 02:00 PM   #68
Governor
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,009

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
it is upsetting the genocide that is occurring with these yazidi peoples. women and children used as sex slaves. burning people alive, crucifying people.

all in the name of evil islam.
It is upsetting that genocide of millions of people is occurring due to the United States War Machine --- women and children and other innocent civilians being bombed, tortured, burned, denied food and medical supplies, blown to pieces by drones, etc., all in order to create obscene profits for the satanic American Military-Industrial Complex.
.
numan is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2017, 04:02 PM   #69
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by numan View Post
It is upsetting that genocide of millions of people is occurring due to the United States War Machine --- women and children and other innocent civilians being bombed, tortured, burned, denied food and medical supplies, blown to pieces by drones, etc., all in order to create obscene profits for the satanic American Military-Industrial Complex.
.
Are you actually equating warfare and the U.S. military with terrorism? Are you sating that by not supplying food and medicine we are denying it to people? Are you saying killing terrorists in genocide?
tecoyah is online now  
Old September 23rd, 2017, 07:15 AM   #70
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,573

Quote:
Thylacine/Tasmanian Tiger
Wait, you think they're mythical? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vqCCI1ZF7o
David is offline  
Old September 23rd, 2017, 08:05 AM   #71
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Wait, you think they're mythical? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vqCCI1ZF7o
ANYONE who disbelieves not only their own eyes but also documented and completely verified species phenotype is an incompetent who simply lacks the ability the think in rational terms.
Thanks from Aufgeblassen
tecoyah is online now  
Old September 23rd, 2017, 08:33 AM   #72
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 5,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by numan View Post
Intelligent life does not exist on Earth.
.
We got these ICBMs with handy parts that fit humans. Feel free to leave.
Thanks from Aufgeblassen
David is offline  
Old September 24th, 2017, 03:19 PM   #73
Governor
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
Are you actually equating warfare and the U.S. military with terrorism? Are you sating that by not supplying food and medicine we are denying it to people? Are you saying killing terrorists in genocide?
Killing and torturing and terrorizing millions of innocent civilians, as the US war Machine has been doing for decades, is certainly in the territory of genocide and mass slaughter.
.
numan is offline  
Old September 24th, 2017, 03:37 PM   #74
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,587

Quote:
Originally Posted by numan View Post
Killing and torturing and terrorizing millions of innocent civilians, as the US war Machine has been doing for decades, is certainly in the territory of genocide and mass slaughter.
.
I suppose then that we have differing understanding of what genocide means. Mass slaughter however is an accurate term for warfare.
Thanks from Aufgeblassen
tecoyah is online now  
Old September 24th, 2017, 03:46 PM   #75
Governor
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
I suppose then that we have differing understanding of what genocide means. Mass slaughter however is an accurate term for warfare.
The deliberate slaughter of innocent civilians is not warfare --- it is war crime, and the perpetrators should be tried in an international court just as the Nazis were at Nuremberg.
.
numan is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 07:19 AM   #76
Representative
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 254

Any thought on the evil of Charles Manson?

I say his extreme evil was created by him being an unwanted, abused, and neglected child. The show Criminal Minds often depicts this very phenomenon. It is an excellent argument to highlight the need for abortion in society.
Ralph47 is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 07:37 AM   #77
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 3,587

What does it say when the creators of the term Evil wish to deny freedoms and support Sexual perversion and I as an Atheist am forced to fight against them....who is actually evil here?
tecoyah is online now  
Old December 5th, 2017, 07:56 AM   #78
Representative
 
Ralph47's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Behind the 8 ball
Posts: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
What does it say when the creators of the term Evil wish to deny freedoms and support Sexual perversion and I as an Atheist am forced to fight against them....who is actually evil here?
But we don't know who 1st coined the phrase, so we don't know what they actually did.
Ralph47 is offline  
Old December 8th, 2017, 06:51 PM   #79
Governor
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,009

'
Traditional Christian theology denies the substantial existence of evil --- evil is the privation of the Good and has no reality of itself.

Read Thomas Aquinas.
.
numan is offline  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Religion

Tags
evil , existence



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Terrorism a Form of Pure Evil? charleslb Philosophy 13 October 3rd, 2017 01:56 PM
pre-existence of souls? arcturus88 Religion 34 September 20th, 2017 02:46 PM
quarantine of evil arcturus88 Religion 10 January 23rd, 2017 10:10 AM
Do you believe in the existence of atheists? CreaseMonkeyDotCom Religion 26 May 22nd, 2010 03:29 AM
Evil religions? Akuma Religion 7 March 15th, 2009 06:27 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.