The Political Fray - Political Forum
Go Back   Political Fray > The Political Fray > Religion

Religion For discussion about different religions and belief structures - Please be respectful of other's beliefs


Thanks Tree5Thanks
  • 1 Post By tecoyah
  • 1 Post By arcturus88
  • 1 Post By arcturus88
  • 2 Post By RoccoR
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2017, 11:10 AM   #1
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,075

Seeing/Speaking To GOD

I find it highly implausible that only "some" people have seen or spoken to (and have been spoken back to) GOD. Since I have NOT, I have to conclude that NOBODY really has. Sorry! I'm just using BASIC LOGIC.
Aufgeblassen is online now  
Old April 28th, 2017, 11:11 AM   #2
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 2,200

you seem to have a struggle with God.
arcturus88 is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 11:23 AM   #3
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,690

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
you seem to have a struggle with God.
How does one struggle with the imaginary....unless of course you are the one person in all time, anywhere that can show it is an actual reality outside your own mind. Then at least you can debunk the thousands of other ones everyone else claim to be real.
Thanks from Aufgeblassen
tecoyah is online now  
Old April 28th, 2017, 11:32 AM   #4
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 2,200

If I posted numerous threads about my disbelief in unicorns, you might assume I struggle with (my belief or disbelief in) unicorns.
Thanks from Aufgeblassen
arcturus88 is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 11:46 AM   #5
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,075

I struggle with seeing others in living in vain. That's all. No offense intended.
Aufgeblassen is online now  
Old April 28th, 2017, 12:11 PM   #6
Governor
 
arcturus88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: NC
Posts: 2,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
I struggle with seeing others in living in vain. That's all. No offense intended.
you're very noble in that way.
Thanks from Aufgeblassen
arcturus88 is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 12:27 PM   #7
Secretary of State
 
tecoyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 4,690

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus88 View Post
If I posted numerous threads about my disbelief in unicorns, you might assume I struggle with (my belief or disbelief in) unicorns.
Perhaps I "Might", but I don't.
tecoyah is online now  
Old May 12th, 2017, 10:44 AM   #8
Representative
 
RoccoR's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
From: Reynoldsburg, OH
Posts: 216

RE: Seeing/Speaking To GOD (A two-way conversation)
Aufgeblassen, arcturus88, tecoyah, et al,

Seeing and Speaking to a Deity (whatever the name) can be framed in a number of different ways.
All things being equal and excluding psychopathological conditions --- “megalomania” — psychiatric ills
that can hinder
social engagement and impair sound decision-making.:


When kids do it as a young age, we've learned that such Imaginary Friends with accompanying elaborate stories of Imaginary Friends are associated with children with above average (maybe even advanced) mental talents. These children usually exhibit more mature learning and social development.Why each such child has these experiences is different. But if you have every sat down with a child having a Tea-Party with an Imaginary Friend, you will see just how elaborate that illusion is.

Similarly, when adults show manifestations of a condition in which a person has fantasies of the powerful, wealth and socially elite, and being omnipotence (God Powers), we don't seem to see the similarity between the child with an Imaginary Friend and the Adult with the Imaginary Friend.

Whether we categorize the imaginary as supernatural or not, does not really change anything. If a Deity is your personal savior, then without regard to how other outside observers may understand that, you believe in the same type of supernatural entities as the [FONT=Arial]Immortals and descendents of the primeval deities. The [/FONT][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]First Generation of Titans[/FONT] or the Seraphim Cherubim, Nephilim
and Gibborim were every bit as real as what the
[/FONT]Monotheist believe today. But the outside observer must hear your description of the entity; because, there is no shared illusion.

Just as the aforementioned are mental apparitions, so it is that "Seeing/Speaking To GOD" are the same.

Most Respectfully,
R
Thanks from tecoyah and Aufgeblassen
RoccoR is offline  
Old May 12th, 2017, 01:39 PM   #9
Senator
 
numan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Victoria, BC
Posts: 982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen View Post
I find it highly implausible that only "some" people have seen or spoken to (and have been spoken back to) GOD. Since I have NOT, I have to conclude that NOBODY really has. Sorry! I'm just using BASIC LOGIC.
There is nothing at all logical about what you write.

Your personal experience or lack of experience can LOGICALLY prove nothing.

You can, at best, try to make an inductive argument about the lack of clear evidence for God's existence (and even then, only if you can clearly define what "God" is), but "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

I will supply you, out of the goodness of my heart, an example of logic:

One day, an engineer, a mathematician, and a Missourian were riding on a train through Missouri.

Out the window they saw a purple cow standing in a field.

The engineer exclaimed, "There are purple cows in Missouri!"

The mathematician frowned, and said, "In Missouri, there is at least one purple cow."

The Missourian drawled, "Yep, at least, on one side."

.
.

Last edited by numan; May 12th, 2017 at 01:47 PM.
numan is offline  
Old May 12th, 2017, 01:54 PM   #10
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by numan View Post
There is nothing at all logical about what you write.

Your personal experience or lack of experience can LOGICALLY prove nothing.

You can, at best, try to make an inductive argument about the lack of clear evidence for God's existence (and even then, only if you can clearly define what "God" is), but "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

I will supply you, out of the goodness of my heart, an example of logic:

One day, an engineer, a mathematician, and a Missourian were riding on a train through Missouri.

Out the window they saw a purple cow standing in a field.

The engineer exclaimed, "There are purple cows in Missouri!"

The mathematician frowned, and said, "In Missouri, there is at least one purple cow."

The Missourian drawled, "Yep, at least, on one side."

.
.
Obviously...... you missed the point!
Aufgeblassen is online now  
Old May 18th, 2017, 09:33 AM   #11
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 6,078

I've spoken with 3 gods (well I've only spoken with 2, the 3rd was just... There.). I maintain that I expect nobody to simply take my word for it as I have nothing but anecdotes but there it is.
David is offline  
Old May 18th, 2017, 09:34 AM   #12
Vice President
 
David's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Opa Locka
Posts: 6,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by numan View Post
There is nothing at all logical about what you write.

Your personal experience or lack of experience can LOGICALLY prove nothing.

You can, at best, try to make an inductive argument about the lack of clear evidence for God's existence (and even then, only if you can clearly define what "God" is), but "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

I will supply you, out of the goodness of my heart, an example of logic:

One day, an engineer, a mathematician, and a Missourian were riding on a train through Missouri.

Out the window they saw a purple cow standing in a field.

The engineer exclaimed, "There are purple cows in Missouri!"

The mathematician frowned, and said, "In Missouri, there is at least one purple cow."

The Missourian drawled, "Yep, at least, on one side."

.
.
Your sig sums up his post nicely. lol

Last edited by David; May 18th, 2017 at 09:48 AM.
David is offline  
Old May 18th, 2017, 09:38 AM   #13
President
 
Aufgeblassen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: Central FL
Posts: 11,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I've spoken with 3 gods (well I've only spoken with 2, the 3rd was just... There.). I maintain that I expect nobody to simply take my word for it as I have nothing but anecdotes but there it is.
But did you get a response???!!!
Aufgeblassen is online now  
Reply

  Political Fray > The Political Fray > Religion

Tags
god , seeing or speaking



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2009-2013 Political Fray. All rights reserved.