1st 2 US military personnel KIA in the 'Forgotten War'.

deanhills

Secretary of State
Mar 15, 2009
The Philippine War, started in 2002, has largely been ignored past the initial reports of the military's deployment to the former colony. This all changed when we suffered our 1st 2 KIA casualties, both navy.

http://features.csmonitor.com/globa...us-soldiers-killed-in-philippines-since-2002/
I was completely unaware of this, so thanks for directing our attention to it. I was more concerned about typhoons and flooding in the Philippines. Did not realize Al Qaeda was making so much progress in the South. Sad to hear about the US involvement, wonder whether this may make headlines in Washington DC, do you think they will need more troops in the Philippines? I realize that the marines were not supposed to engage in combat, but looks as though the US is being forced into it? Good Al Qaeda tactic I would think.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
Ya, I think I'm 1 of the few people that remembers that the War on Terror is a world war. Got a few fingers in the Ethiopian/Somali pie as well.

deanhills

Secretary of State
Mar 15, 2009
Ya, I think I'm 1 of the few people that remembers that the War on Terror is a world war. Got a few fingers in the Ethiopian/Somali pie as well.
Did not know that either. I thought that problems in Ethiopia and Somalia were domestic ones. I know Al Qaeda has been operational in Kenya though, and has also been up to mischief in Zanzibar.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
Did not know that either. I thought that problems in Ethiopia and Somalia were domestic ones. I know Al Qaeda has been operational in Kenya though, and has also been up to mischief in Zanzibar.
Th Ethiopians have been doing all the heavy lifting but we've been training them.