2020 Predictions?

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
Given the turmoil and diverse field of candidates as well as party afflictions, what do you folks think will happen in 2020?

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
Given the current situation, I anticipate the senate to receive impeachment articles by February and a quick trial will find him innocent (perhaps censure) before he is defeated in reelection along with a chink of the Republican party.

Reactions: se7en
Jan 2020
Georgia
I'm hoping you're right

I still have a little faith in our Constitution, hope it wins out

Side note. I got cussed out by my best friend last night for being a "liberal". I ain't, but that don't matter. I didn't realize how dumb he is. But I won some money from him today on the Auburn game so it's a wash.

Last edited:
Reactions: tecoyah
Dec 2019
U.S. Arkansas
Escalating on Jan. 20 , 2020 with the mass gathering in Richmond Virginia to stand up for our constitution in protest of the Virginia's governor disarming both Democrats as well as Republicans and any other party a U.S. citizen may want to align themselves with " the results being " the Republican Party will see a huge swell of supporters . This will awaken many people across the entire United States of the lefts intentions .

Last edited:
Nov 2017
Australia
Given the current situation, I anticipate the senate to receive impeachment articles by February and a quick trial will find him innocent (perhaps censure) before he is defeated in reelection along with a chink of the Republican party.
I heard that Nancy P will hold off on delivering the impeachment articles until candidates start campaigning. Thus, candidates seeking re-election will have to hang around Washington to give evidence and not attend rallies etc.
is this plausible?

Jan 2020
DR Congp
Pelosi will only take the impeachment to the senate when see believes a fair trial will be held. For that to happen enough Senators will have to publicly back rules that include subpoenas of the documents and witnesses blocked by the White House during the House investigations. Two have done so already so it's nearly a done deal.

Another option will be the Supreme Court rules as expected and his taxes get turned over and even the most devout Trumpers discover things they can't accept.

She knows that under the current circumstances there will be no trial in the Senate unless Roberts pulls off a miracle. With the vote going his way Trump is likely to go hog wild. Total vindication! She, nor I, wants to see him unleashed such as he is now. Keep it hanging over his head so he has to show some restraint or until it's a slam dunk.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
I heard that Nancy P will hold off on delivering the impeachment articles until candidates start campaigning. Thus, candidates seeking re-election will have to hang around Washington to give evidence and not attend rallies etc.
is this plausible?
I find it quite unlikely, but American politics are unpredictable.

Jun 2013
Earth
Here are my educated guesses for some world events in 2020.

1. Trump won't be re-elected. As some Republican lawmakers, particularly Marco Rubio, may feel that chances for Trump are decreasing, they may decide to come out to challenge him in the presidential election rather than seeing him hand over the crown to the Democratic Party.

2. The situation in the Middle East will deteriorate rapidly.

3. US-Iran conflicts will escalate.

4. Similarly, US-North Korea conflicts will escalate, and North Korea could conduct at least either one nuclear test or one long-range missile test this year.

5. The Dow will be on a downward trend this year.

6. Hong Kong riots will continue unabated, even beyond to 2047.

7. In the "Year of the Rat", after nibbling away at the so-called phase 1 of the US-Sino trade deal, the US will find it hard to "bite off" the remaining phases this year.

8. Tsai will be re-elected, but this does not mean any good for Taiwan eventually -- just like the Monkey King was imprisoned by Gautama Buddha under the “Five Finger Mountain” as depicted in the 16th century Chinese novel "Journey to the West".

If we view it at another angle, it was a blessing in disguise for the Monkey King to be imprisoned under the mountain as he could enjoy 500 years of "democracy" before being disciplined or occasionally "tortured" by the "Tripitaka Master of Tang" who caused him unbearable headaches by chanting the “Ring Tightening Mantra”.
o_O

Last edited:
Jun 2013
Earth
Thanks to tecoyah for liking my post. As the mist retreats into the distance with the passing of time, all of us can see further ahead into the future. It's the time for you and others to post more "predictions" in this thread.

Oct 2012
NC
My predictions, posted about 12/30/2019 on another forum.

1. Kim jong Un will die. There will be speculation as to why or how and a military general will step up to replace him.

2. There will be an large earthquake in California , many will perish

3. Kanye West will be appointed to a special cabinet position for Donald.
This will nudge just enough blacks to vote for Trump to secure a win

4. However, Trump will choose to drop out in Oct leaving republicans in a tizzy over what to do. No reason will be made known but health issues will be suspected. Pence will put his name in the hat but it will be too late. Buttigieg will win.

5. China will quash Hong Kong protesters in a brutal fashion but this will have unintended consequences as the Chinese people will step up to pick up the rioting and protests.

6. Snowden will return to US thinking he secured immunity only to find that this "immunity" was a CIA trick . He will be arrested and imprisoned.

7. World population growth will start to tick downward

8. Iran will accidentally nuke themselves

9. The pope will allowed priests to be married

10. One of the big MSM news organizations will go bankrupt. They’ll blame Trump.

Reactions: Sallyally