2nd Presidential Debate

Jan 2009
Anyone watching? Some silly topics already out there- namely someone who asked a question about whether the candidates feel the Dept of Energy should play a role in setting gas prices.

(hint... they shouldn't)

Jan 2012
Texas
Anyone watching? Some silly topics already out there- namely someone who asked a question about whether the candidates feel the Dept of Energy should play a role in setting gas prices.

(hint... they shouldn't)
Obama stepped it up, if hoped he would have.

I disagree with the department of energy's very existence. But then again I am a libertarian

(hint... they shouldn't)
oh i read some where:
This Romney campaign talking point has been driving me crazy forever. It used to be that politicians touted American energy independence, which was pretty crazy, but then the Keystone XL pipeline to import oil from Canada became a big conservative issue so they pivoted to "North American" energy independence. But the idea that we should import energy exclusively from Mexico and Canada is even more pointless than the goal of energy autarky. The price of oil American households pay is set on a global market, and if you import energy from anywhere—including Mexico and Canada—the impact on "terms of trade" still exists.

May 2012
The motherland
Obama is getting a small poll bump after the second debate and the moderator admitted that her intervention was a mistake with regard to Libya and this issue will be clarified in the final debate on foreign policy in which the CBS moderator would take a passive role without favouring either candidate and Romney will cruise to victory in November if he wins the final debate convincingly.

http://youtu.be/athcyCTnTTs

Last edited: