5 Economists on some of Ron Paul's ideas

Jan 2012
I love Ron Paul! he knows more about Economics then any other USA President!
in fact his views are similar to Kennedy, andrew jackson and abraham lincoln..

I love his stance towards FEDERAL RESERVE!!!
may be its time to nationalize this central bank!!
and back the dollar with the Best standard, The Gold!!

i really love his videos, predictions .... and i pray that he may WIN this 2012 Elections and bring a real revolution, not the change that OBAMA promised :) in order to bring peace not only to AMERICA but to the world also....

myp

Jan 2009
I used to love his stance with the Federal Reserve, but no more. I am just not convinced free banking would work and a unilateral gold standard almost definitely would not be a good idea (for one it is still prone to huge shocks). Then, if the Fed is abolished and we still have a government currency, who would control it? Congress? That would be a joke.

Jan 2012
I used to love his stance with the Federal Reserve, but no more. I am just not convinced free banking would work and a unilateral gold standard almost definitely would not be a good idea (for one it is still prone to huge shocks). Then, if the Fed is abolished and we still have a government currency, who would control it? Congress? That would be a joke.
But this joke would be better than 1837 crises, 1929 Great depression;)

The funny part is that USA had given the authority to a private entreprenur to print money! that's why to one of their founder fathers were against it....

myp

Jan 2009
But this joke would be better than 1837 crises, 1929 Great depression;)
The Fed didn't even exist in 1837 :p
As for 1929 who said the same thing or worse could not have happened with Congress? Moreso, giving Congress the power to control the currency means they can inflate their way to even more spending than they do now!

The funny part is that USA had given the authority to a private entreprenur to print money! that's why to one of their founder fathers were against it....
It is not exactly private. Quasi-governmental. Either way, I support Paul's calls for greater Fed transparency and I believe Fed policy and the mandate need to be changed, but I am not sure of getting rid of the Fed altogether.

Jan 2012
The Fed didn't even exist in 1837 :p
As for 1929 who said the same thing or worse could not have happened with Congress? Moreso, giving Congress the power to control the currency means they can inflate their way to even more spending than they do now!

It is not exactly private. Quasi-governmental. Either way, I support Paul's calls for greater Fed transparency and I believe Fed policy and the mandate need to be changed, but I am not sure of getting rid of the Fed altogether.
Yeah i know that FED didn't exist in 1837 But it was on the other hand private bank responsible for the printing of notes and when andrew jackson become furious about this he cancel their this right as a result they speculate and the crises was there in the country!

and i agree in the rest with you.... yep it is impossible to get rid of Fed altogether but through reforms it could be better off!!