60 Minutes interviewer Mike Wallace dies

Mar 24, 2009
Undisclosed
Veteran journalist Mike Wallace, famed for his tough interviews on US news programme 60 Minutes over four decades, has died aged 93.
A spokesperson for CBS said he died on Saturday and had been in declining health in recent years.
Wallace was one of the original hosts of 60 Minutes when it began in 1968.
He went on to interview the likes of Martin Luther King, John F Kennedy, Malcolm X and Yasser Arafat before announcing his retirement in 2006.
However he still continued to do the occaisional report for the show, including interviewing Jack Kevorkian - the US doctor who claimed to have assisted more than 100 suicides - in 2007.
"He was one of the great pioneers in journalism," anchor Bob Schieffer said during CBS's morning news programme. "We are all going to miss him."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17650631

I remember when he used to chase people down the street.

Jan 26, 2012
I remember when he used to chase people down the street.[/QUOTE]

what do you think personally of his "ambush" interviews ?

I have heard people say that it could possibly defame someone who is in the right or wrongly acussed

Mar 24, 2009
Undisclosed
I remember when he used to chase people down the street.

what do you think personally of his "ambush" interviews ?

I have heard people say that it could possibly defame someone who is in the right or wrongly acussed[/QUOTE]
I would rather be "ambushed" where I could actually answer questions. Many times people are "defamed" on the front page and the correction is hidden days or weeks later in some obscure section that may never be seen.