A steady march to Oligarchy.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
For decades now we have heard the income inequality chants, watched it become a 1% banter and evolve into occupy wall street. All these have an underlying issue as their base of complaint and none have done anything to effect the problems they biatch about. Now we truly get the seemingly inevitable result of the issues they all tried to confront as our Government succumbs completely to the "Influences" of the corporate dominance and financial temptations....we are bordering on Oligarchy and our President is quite happy with this.
Supposedly our Constitution and system of Government have protections in place to prevent such things, I no longer have faith they will be enough. This is a strange new world we wander into...I sincerely hope there is a light on the other side.

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
...we are bordering on Oligarchy and our President is quite happy with this.

Supposedly our Constitution and system of Government have protections in place to prevent such things, I no longer have faith they will be enough. This is a strange new world we wander into...I sincerely hope there is a light on the other side.
The USA and other countries are not bordering on oligarchy --- they have become complete oligarchies years ago. Even former President Jimmy Carter has said that the USA is no longer a functioning democracy.

The sclerotic, 18th century horse-and-buggy US Constitution is less than worthless and should be replaced by a constitution fit for the 21st century.

As many billionaire oligarchs as possible should be slowly torn to pieces on worldwide television.

There needs to be a worldwide struggle at least as total as the Second World War to fight global heating and other forms of environmental degradation.

Only then will the present human "civilization" have a fighting chance to survive.

Nov 2016
Victoria, BC
If they were guilty of ANY crimes, yes indeed they should be prosecuted. Other than than that, no justification for such a STUPID suggestion. Doing so would be a criminal act.
People are slowly torn to pieces on television every day, and there are no criminal prosecutions.