A Way of Boosting Your SS Benefits

Dec 2018
Mechanicsville, VA
Did you ever think you could use your 401(k) to boost your Social Security payments? Well it is possible according to Richard Thayer, a Nobel Laureate, who won the Nobel Prize in 2017 for his work in behavioral economics. In an article published April 26th, in Money & Markets, Mr. J T Crowe explains how it works. Since the article is a bit lengthy here is the link to read it in its entirety:

https://moneyandmarkets.com/richard-thaler-401k-social-security-retirement/?post_ids=10337,9871,9749,9612,9476&utm_source=MAM-Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Daily-Article-Traffic

It sounds like a good idea to me and wish I had thought of it in my working years. Social Security needs all the help it can get not only to maintain present benefits but how to increase those benefits as well. At least it is somewhat of a guaranteed method because if the government goes all of SS goes along with it.

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
It is best to simply live more frugally, that deplete your 401K prematurely.

A better way is to collect earlier via Disability! :D

At one point years ago, I got a statement from SS saying if I retire at 67 1/2 I'd collect like $2,000, but if I went out WAY early on a Disability retire instead, I'd get $2,200!!!

It seems ass backwards that if you retire early you collect MORE, but it is true.