Are US armed forces out of control? (spin-off thread)

Feb 24, 2011
Canada
Actually

• Russia fought thousands of miles on multiple fronts. Normandy was small.
  • Brits, Canadians and the US beat Italy with the US threatening to use artillery on their allies, who were at Rome first, if they entered Rome before US forces did.
What is "the US was fighting off it's own innovation"?
FINALLY! Someone who knows their history. Bloody Americans 'we saved the world' bullshit.

The Canadians were the first into Paris. But no, Ike says 'let the Americans enter the city first as liberators'.

The Canadians were first into Rome. But no, Ike says 'let the Americans enter the city first as liberators'.

To this day, Canadians tell Ike to '**** off'.

Feb 24, 2011
Canada
I would readily agree that the US has not yet done what the SS did at its worst. If it comes right down to it I don't know exactly what arms of the Nazi forces were responsible, but things done by America in my lifetime are no better than Nazi Germany.

I would say that much of what media reported the US as doing in Iraq is exactly the same things I grew up hearing that the fascists did in Europe to give them their reputation. My Lai? Abu Ghraib prison? US military ops against civilians in Iraq after the cease fire? How about just the illegal Iraq war all by itself? If you are from my generation, much of this is what you read about in 20th Century history describing the Nazis.

Mind you this is off topic, for which I apologize.
You don't find it interesting that it was the enemies of fascism who made the claims against them, yes?

Ah, it has already begun. I am being moderated. I knew it was coming.

myp

Site Founder
Jan 14, 2009
You don't find it interesting that it was the enemies of fascism who made the claims against them, yes?

Ah, it has already begun. I am being moderated. I knew it was coming.
You are not being moderated. I just turned off the ability (for everyone) to put that obnoxious big red text.