Army Seeks Death Penalty on Soldier.

Jun 2012
Stuart
http://news.yahoo.com/us-army-seeks-death-penalty-16-afghan-killings-192654512.html

I can't say what was going through the soldiers mind at the time. Do I think he should receive the death penalty.... I would say am honestly conflicted on this. On one hand he killed children and I feel that deserves the death penalty if he is proven guilty.
On the other hand you don't know his mental state either. He was essentially killing people to begin with to survive. How much can ones mind take of such things before it is lost.

One thing I do know is he will answer to a higher power at some point.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
So....if he went insane, slaughtered innocent people, and went to war for this higher power...do you think he would have an acceptable answer?

I mean, the higher power apparently knew it was gonna happen...but did not prevent it.

Jun 2012
Stuart
So....if he went insane, slaughtered innocent people, and went to war for this higher power...do you think he would have an acceptable answer?

I mean, the higher power apparently knew it was gonna happen...but did not prevent it.
Everyone is taken for a reason. I feel they are better of where ever people feel they go.

Are you asking me if going to war to kill he would have to answer to a higher power?

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
If I were a follower of Allah, absolutely believed I was doing its bidding....and blew myself up in a market full of women and children...do you think Allah would judge me worthy of heaven?

May 2012
The motherland
The last US soldier was executed in 1961 and he was an epileptic black soldier with a history of mental illness and there are extenuating circumstances such as Robert Bales' use of mood-altering steroids and he was also suffering from PTSD and the Army rarely executed soldiers even through there were plenty of death sentences but seeking the death penalty may ensure that Bales will spend the rest of his life behind bars.

May 2012
Honestly, I'm out on this one. It's a tough one this because like what has been said, he has been out there killing people to survive and there is only so much one person can take before it takes it's toll on them, this is so said to see.

Now if it is proven that he went on a killing spree and was OK then yes i totally agree with the death penalty.

Jun 2012
Stuart
Honestly, I'm out on this one. It's a tough one this because like what has been said, he has been out there killing people to survive and there is only so much one person can take before it takes it's toll on them, this is so said to see.

Now if it is proven that he went on a killing spree and was OK then yes i totally agree with the death penalty.
I feel the same it is a hard one to call.