Berlin Wall

Jan 2009
Whenever I hear that song from Pink Floyd it brings back memories of this event. And sadly, it was not too long ago..

I have never been to where the wall used to be though, but I have seen some movies about it, as well as pictures of actual segments of the walls that have been preserved. In a way, the wall was like a large storybook for these people, and it serves as a reminder that people must take action before it's too late.

Also, out of curiosity, has anyone ever been to Germany to see this?

I to have also seen some movies about the Berlin wall although it happened before I was born (I am only 17). I would like to go to Germany and learn more about it first hand though.

Well my mother has been, and has seen actual pieces of the Berlin wall, aswell as huge pieces in museams, it's something that has really fascinated me though and I would love to go to Germany, when I can afford it though :p

Jan 2009
I've never been to Germany, but I've studied the wall a lot as part of my German courses. My high school teacher had two pieces of the wall that a friend cut out with a chisel when they were tearing the wall down.

Such a sad story of tyranny and oppression though.

I've never been to Germany, but I've studied the wall a lot as part of my German courses. My high school teacher had two pieces of the wall that a friend cut out with a chisel when they were tearing the wall down.

Such a sad story of tyranny and oppression though.
Wow that's quite cool that she had a piece of the wall!!

I would love to have a piece of the real wall, as it's really an amazing thing...

Jan 2013
Delaware
I've never been to the place but there is a huge chunk of the wall in Ocean City. It is rather large and still has writing and everything on it. It's pretty fascinating. I think I have pictures of it somewhere, i'll look.