Bernanke appointed to another term

Jan 2009
How do you all feel about Obama's offering Bernanke another term as chairman of the Fed? Good, bad, or would it be the same either way?

Mar 2009
How do you all feel about Obama's offering Bernanke another term as chairman of the Fed? Good, bad, or would it be the same either way?
I get the feeling he is maintaining the status quo. Putting someone different in the post may rock the boat too much. And better the devil we know, than the one we don't know.

Not to mention how dahm difficult it is to get someone approved after he has nominated them. Too much hard work .... :D

Apr 2009
Disunited Queendom
Dean, those are the classic sayings of conservatism. With risk of sounding like Obama, without the intention, i say that change is good.

Obama doesn't represent change. You are not considering change either. The Federal Reserve should not have a change of leadership. It should be abolished. The existence of the Federal Reserve, its purposes, its capabilities, its actions result in the US being run as a corporatocracy.

In the words of Ernesto Guevara, one of my inspirations, stop thinking like a colonised person.

And finally, would America PLEASE reinstate the Greenback. Bleeding heck! It would be a start.

Jan 2009
Obama doesn't represent change. You are not considering change either. The Federal Reserve should not have a change of leadership. It should be abolished. The existence of the Federal Reserve, its purposes, its capabilities, its actions result in the US being run as a corporatocracy.

In the words of Ernesto Guevara, one of my inspirations, stop thinking like a colonised person.

And finally, would America PLEASE reinstate the Greenback. Bleeding heck! It would be a start.
Wow Dirk, for once I COMPLETELY agree with you on something :) The Fed should be abolished and sound money should be returned- it will make it harder for the government and interest groups to manipulate us.

Mar 2009
Dean, those are the classic sayings of conservatism. With risk of sounding like Obama, without the intention, i say that change is good.
Exactly how I feel about it too. It is the equivalent of someone who is not trusted to pilot a plane, to teach him "do not touch" "do not touch", put it on "auto-pilot" instead.