Can guns protect us against tyranny?

Dec 2012
Madison, AL
Earlier I wrote, "You offer no evidence of high educational qualifications, whatever that means. Or did you mean that you believe you graduated from a better high school than I did?"

That was often the case with ignorant barbarians. You are correct as to qualifications. So what?
It is possible I misunderstood your comment. My high school was not all that good. I think it was the second poorest in the city.

I did not let that get in my way. I read and studied history, including military history, during my undergraduate years. The Military History courses were honors courses. Combine that with 20 years of active duty with roughly 14 years of that in military intelligence, with all of the appropriate service schools along the way. Part of my education was starting two different companies. Both failed, one in its third year, the other for different reasons in its first. Those two experiences were among the best of my educational experiences.

Then I discovered network engineering, and finally systems engineering.

Over my life to date I have read nearly four thousand books. I have roughly 1200 more I intend to read. I have read a great deal about our founding and the books and authors that the Framers relied upon as they developed their understanding of the political philosophy that maintains liberty.

About 10% of those books were technical books. Basic science, math, a varieties of engineering disciplines among them. About 10% concerned Marxism, Leninism, Stalinism, Maoism, ans Islamism. For a time it appeared that I would become an expert in low intensity conflict, small wars, unconventional warfare, insurgencies and rebellions. Then my life's path changed again and I moved into the field I am in now, engineering management.

But the high school I graduated from was pretty poor. I attended the University of Colorado on a full scholarship. I became a life long learner and have never regretted it.

Dec 2012
Madison, AL
A degree but no wisdom?

Don't give him the satisfaction.
It is not an issue. I hire Ph. Ds. The last one I hired had her degree in mechanical engineering, Thermodynamics.

It is possible he has a degree. But he provides no evidence of any deep wisdom. It is possible that he has done only one thing with his life thus far. Let's see how he answers.

Jan 2012
Texas
It is not an issue. I hire Ph. Ds. The last one I hired had her degree in mechanical engineering, Thermodynamics.

It is possible he has a degree. But he provides no evidence of any deep wisdom. It is possible that he has done only one thing with his life thus far. Let's see how he answers.
He is beyond reason and rational.

He is right because he thinks he is, we had a word for that in psychology back in my college days.

You are a smart person, I don't think I need to type it.

Some folks are lost causes. Best just never respond to him. The only victory is to walk away.

Mar 2011
Rhondda, Cymru

He is right because he thinks he is, we had a word for that in psychology back in my college days.

Some folks are lost causes. Best just never respond to him. The only victory is to walk away.
God, aren't American extremists WEIRD! They're in competition with Him, of course, for control of the gun and drug markets, and Mickey Mouse hired Einstein, so Mickey Mouse is superior. Nutters!

Dec 2012
Madison, AL
The test you fail

God, aren't American extremists WEIRD! They're in competition with Him, of course, for control of the gun and drug markets, and Mickey Mouse hired Einstein, so Mickey Mouse is superior. Nutters!
It remains clear that the superior intellect you claim for yourself lacks evidence.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
I would like to point out the thread title:

And also remind others that debate is generally centered on the issue(s) contained in this, not in the individuals debating.
Please attack the argument rather than the person.

Jan 2012
Texas
I would like to point out the thread title:

And also remind others that debate is generally centered on the issue(s) contained in this, not in the individuals debating.
Please attack the argument rather than the person.
Back on track then.

Yes guns can be used to defend against tyranny. Its simple, tyrant comes to power, shoot him. Seems very obvious to me.

Mar 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
It remains clear that the superior intellect you claim for yourself lacks evidence.
When did I claim a superior intellect? I have, unlike American extremists, a reasonable degree of sanity and connection with the actual world. My degrees, for what it is worth, are MA, Ph.D, MEd. Any the wiser? I am bored with weirdoes now: please talk among yourselves.

Dec 2012
Madison, AL
When did I claim a superior intellect? I have, unlike American extremists, a reasonable degree of sanity and connection with the actual world. My degrees, for what it is worth, are MA, Ph.D, MEd. Any the wiser? I am bored with weirdoes now: please talk among yourselves.
Thank you for your kind permission. What is your degree in? What do you do. How do you support the growing tyranny? Will an armed citizenry be able to resit and overthrow the tyrants?

For what it is worth my MS is what led me into network engineering, then into systems engineering.

Jul 2009
Port St. Lucie

The irony that drips from this post...

Dec 2012
Madison, AL
So you are a teacher?

Awesome. If it is true it explains a great deal. Left wing. American-hating but obsessed nonetheless. Arrogant with all the pretensions of an education while having very little ability in the areas that actually matter. Yep. A teacher.

Grade school, right?