Chris Christie: Natural Disasters don't happen in red or blue states

Jan 2009
I don't they would be stupid if they did not ask him. He is a rare politician that is for sure. Especially for a republican. I respect him a whole lot and after this his ratings will soar in the Northeast.
You don't hope so? Or I think I misunderstood you there. But yea, he's a good guy- might want to lose some weight before the next election though because unfortunately that will probably come up. Very genuine guy though, for sure, and he has warmed to even the left and continues to do so in a way that I haven't seen any politician since I have started paying attention to politics (about 5 years- yes I am a young one :p) really reach across the aisle and touch both sides.

Jun 2012
Stuart
You don't hope so? Or I think I misunderstood you there. But yea, he's a good guy- might want to lose some weight before the next election though because unfortunately that will probably come up. Very genuine guy though, for sure, and he has warmed to even the left and continues to do so in a way that I haven't seen any politician since I have started paying attention to politics (about 5 years- yes I am a young one :p) really reach across the aisle and touch both sides.
No I do hope so lol. The criticism he gives to Boehner may very well end his career early. Boehner's career lol this could cause such a stink he may need to resign. I am waiting to see how it develops over the coming weeks. That with his comments to Reid he is done lol.

Jul 2009
Opa Locka
He'd get my vote. A compassionate conservative that isn't trying to run to the right just for the sake of running to the right is a good, rare thing.

Jan 2013
South of England
Although I'm in England, I was following this guy around our news services while the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy was in our news, because I have a cousin who lives in New Jersey. I really liked the sound of him, I liked what I read *about* him, and I liked the soundbites I heard.

He seemed like a really thoughtful man, genuinely willing to put party politics aside for the good of the people who elected him. Even if it turns out that that was only for the duration of such a huge emergency, he still gets my respect. There seem to be national-level politicians who won't put politics aside even in that sort of situation.

Jan 2013
He is pissed that Boehner is holding the package up. I think you are looking at the next Presidential candidate talking there. He is the man I got give it to him i respect him.

He is right though and can't blame him for being upset. Pretty much all he said is true.

I agree, however.....there's a big hunk of today's GOP base that are basically puppets of the Kochs,Rush,etc, are VERY focused in on RACE....GUNS....Commercialized Fundamentalism...and some NEED to feel superior...not part of "the team". Christie...ain't a puppet. He does not talk and talk to say nothing (as Mitt did...very carefully) Christie IS a conservative and would be bad news...but still better than 80% of the possible alternatives. We can endure an honest right winger....and Christie is one of the rare few. Most..don't dare say what they really are up to.

Post Sandy....Christie has been telling the GOP to GROW THE HELL UP...and a lot of the puppetmasters hate him for it. You can bet Beck calls him a Marxist, Rush nags about his girth and Fox comes up with SOME complaint.

However....even cons get tired of being conned.

Jun 2012
Stuart
He is pissed that Boehner is holding the package up. I think you are looking at the next Presidential candidate talking there. He is the man I got give it to him i respect him.

He is right though and can't blame him for being upset. Pretty much all he said is true.

I agree, however.....there's a big hunk of today's GOP base that are basically puppets of the Kochs,Rush,etc, are VERY focused in on RACE....GUNS....Commercialized Fundamentalism...and some NEED to feel superior...not part of "the team". Christie...ain't a puppet. He does not talk and talk to say nothing (as Mitt did...very carefully) Christie IS a conservative and would be bad news...but still better than 80% of the possible alternatives. We can endure an honest right winger....and Christie is one of the rare few. Most..don't dare say what they really are up to.

Post Sandy....Christie has been telling the GOP to GROW THE HELL UP...and a lot of the puppetmasters hate him for it. You can bet Beck calls him a Marxist, Rush nags about his girth and Fox comes up with SOME complaint.

However....even cons get tired of being conned.
Rush I think the GOP has pulled away from many consider him to extreme. Christie though would have the best chance at winning the Presidency. If they did put him up for election I would definitely vote the republican ticket.

This coming from a Ron Paul man.

Jan 2013
New Jersey
Christy is the Governor of my stare, and I do not like his brutish attitude, but he is totally right with this issue. There should have been swift action on the relief money. It is winter time, and this holdup makes no sense. He has a 70% plus apprioval rating, he will have to battle it out with Jeb Bush if he decides to run for president in 2016, but if Hillary runs, the women will make sure she wins. Barack and Bill will bring up the rear.

Jun 2012
Stuart
Christy is the Governor of my stare, and I do not like his brutish attitude, but he is totally right with this issue. There should have been swift action on the relief money. It is winter time, and this holdup makes no sense. He has a 70% plus apprioval rating, he will have to battle it out with Jeb Bush if he decides to run for president in 2016, but if Hillary runs, the women will make sure she wins. Barack and Bill will bring up the rear.
I don't think Barack will support Hilary. There is tension between the two clans. I have read stories where Bill was trying to get Hilary to oppose him in this past election. I also read it in the book I just finished also. So I don't think he will throw his support behind her right away. If Biden runs that is who he will support. He will only support Hilary as a last resort.

I don't see Jeb going far sorry. I think his brother left a bad taste in the mouth of most Americans. I would vote Christie over Jeb in a heart beat.

Jan 2013
Sanity is relative
I like Christie in general he really does just lay it out there, but that is also his flaw.... I have to believe sometimes he doesn't think before some things come out of his mouth.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Presidential ballot.