Circuit City-Total Liquidation

Jan 2009
I know that was a shock to me when I first learned it. Oddly enough Best Buy and other electronics stores are not doing any better. I would expect that when their largest competitor goes out of business they would see large amounts of new customers...

Jan 2009
I didn't know until a while ago but then again I never shop at circuit city anyways. But I might now because of the sales that they will have.

Jan 2009
I didn't know until a while ago but then again I never shop at circuit city anyways. But I might now because of the sales that they will have.
According to their website, they will be having pretty massive sales. The sales start TODAY, so get out there! They say that they expect all their inventory to be gone by March. If you live in Canada, the circuit city stores there WILL NOT be shutting down.

Jan 2013
Delaware
According to their website, they will be having pretty massive sales. The sales start TODAY, so get out there! They say that they expect all their inventory to be gone by March. If you live in Canada, the circuit city stores there WILL NOT be shutting down.
Just a heads up guys, they always mark their prices UP before they go down. I was in their yesterday and their prices were marked up at about 40% with only a 10-20% markdown on those original prices. Yet there were still mobs of people there.

Check back every week or so, until the real sales start.

Jan 2009
Just a heads up guys, they always mark their prices UP before they go down. I was in their yesterday and their prices were marked up at about 40% with only a 10-20% markdown on those original prices. Yet there were still mobs of people there.

Check back every week or so, until the real sales start.
Yeah I figured that out today. I went in and looked around...then left.
That was not a sale lol...
The most discounted price I saw was like 10% off...
I think in late february-early march the real sales will start.

Jan 2009
You know things are getting bad when something this big is having trouble! I always wonder though, when they are having all these closing down sales, would they make enough money to keep open?

Jan 2009
Circuit City's been on a downward spin for awhile. They just didn't have anything in particular that they could use as a hook. Technology lovers abandoned them when they stopped having highly trained sales people, and the average man couldn't expect lower prices there. It was just the inevitable conclusion.

To answer K1ns, I don't think that the sales matter. The creditors are just trying to get as much money as they can before the products get sold to a major liquidator for bargain prices.

Jan 2009
All the money they make in sales is swallowed up by the liquidators they hire...
They hire professionals to help price, advertise, and sell their products.
I don't know exactly why they would do this, but they do.

Jan 2009
California
Best Buy must be happy, as this is the second big competitor of theirs to go bankrupt. First it was CompUSA, now it is Circuit City, so they should be able to make more money now.

Feb 2009
This is bad news, Circuit City had a store in Qu?bec (where I live) which was called The Source, which was similar to Radioshack, and was quite a good store, shame to see them out of business, but good for competitors...

Feb 2009
Yeah the first sotres to go are always the ones who are more expensive, then will come the next expensive and so on, until eventually we all wind up shopping at wal mart! LOL. But seriously it just goes to show these days we all buy a laptop and then that's all we need to learn. Who wants to keep forking out money for games and all that nonsense? The sooner people leanr the best things in life are free the sooner we will enter the next level of consciousness.