coincidence or spiritual occurrence

Oct 2012
NC
I had this interesting thing happen the other day. I was telling my wife about a kid in middle school that used to pick on my younger brother (2 years younger) by calling him a name. the kid was in my grade and I talked to him and he stopped doing it. then when I got into high school , he started asking me in front of other kids "hey where is (pejorative name) referring to my brother".

at that point , I had enough and would respond, "your mother is a (same pejorative name)."

at this the kid would get angry and try to fight, but it never actually led to punches, though I stood my ground.

so back to telling my wife about this story. She said she had never heard this story.

the very next day I get a FB friend request from this bully!!

it really was a surprise. I never liked the kid and he never liked me, so I was surprised. After a couple of days I accepted the friend request.

then the person sends me a message apologizing for being and a-hole in the past and asking for forgiveness.

I readily forgave him and that was that.

Oct 2019
San Bernardino, CA
In order for it to be "spiritual, something "supernatural" must have happened. What occurred unnatural? Something statistically unnatural? People win lotteries all the time, when they odds are massively against them, so that too is statistically unnatural. But certainly not supernatural.

Feb 2013
just past the moons of Jupiter
I had this interesting thing happen the other day. I was telling my wife about a kid in middle school that used to pick on my younger brother (2 years younger) by calling him a name. the kid was in my grade and I talked to him and he stopped doing it. then when I got into high school , he started asking me in front of other kids "hey where is (pejorative name) referring to my brother".

at that point , I had enough and would respond, "your mother is a (same pejorative name)."

at this the kid would get angry and try to fight, but it never actually led to punches, though I stood my ground.

so back to telling my wife about this story. She said she had never heard this story.

the very next day I get a FB friend request from this bully!!

it really was a surprise. I never liked the kid and he never liked me, so I was surprised. After a couple of days I accepted the friend request.

then the person sends me a message apologizing for being and a-hole in the past and asking for forgiveness.

I readily forgave him and that was that.
I don't think it is important whether it was or not.

The important thing is that he asked and you granted. That is the Devine, or graceful part.

But it really does make you think, if you aren't determined to label everything as random chance.