Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone

Aug 31, 2011
California
'Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone'
Source: http://www.11alive.com/news/article/214228/3/Company-Policy-We-are-not-hiring-until-Obama-is-gone

WACO, Ga. -- A west Georgia business owner is stirring up controversy with signs he posted on his company's trucks, for all to see as the trucks roll up and down roads, highways and interstates:

"New Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone."

"Can't afford it," explained the employer, Bill Looman, Tuesday evening. "I've got people that I want to hire now, but I just can't afford it. And I don't foresee that I'll be able to afford it unless some things change in D.C." ..........<SNIP>

Rest of story: http://www.11alive.com/news/article/214228/3/Company-Policy-We-are-not-hiring-until-Obama-is-gone

myp

Site Founder
Jan 14, 2009
That's just bad business. If in fact they can't afford it, then that likely won't change when another president comes into office either- at least not immediately and certainly not because of immediate policy change (which probably won't happen).

Aug 31, 2011
California
That's just bad business. If in fact they can't afford it, then that likely won't change when another president comes into office either- at least not immediately and certainly not because of immediate policy change (which probably won't happen).
You obviously never ran a business. Forcasting is a big part of planning ahead, your orders for equipment, plans for expansion, etc.

With Obama in, forcasts are grim. With Obama out, forcasts are better

myp

Site Founder
Jan 14, 2009
You obviously never ran a business. Forcasting is a big part of planning ahead, your orders for equipment, plans for expansion, etc.
I know the importance of forecasting, I am not downplaying that. My comment was that this sentiment is illogical because a new president won't necessarily change things and things won't necessarily stay the same with Obama and the world either:

With Obama in, forcasts are grim. With Obama out, forcasts are better

Aug 31, 2011
California
I know the importance of forecasting, I am not downplaying that. My comment was that this sentiment is illogical because a new president won't necessarily change things and things won't necessarily stay the same with Obama and the world either:
You don't think a Republican president will radically reverse Obama's direction?

And you think THIS guy's sentiment is illogical???!!! LOL

Wow.

myp

Site Founder
Jan 14, 2009
You don't think a Republican president will radically reverse Obama's direction?
Not necessarily and certainly not overnight. In some sectors, policy will be virtually the same (at least effectively when it comes to small business response) given what is essentially regulatory capture established by big corporations that increase barriers to entry dramatically among other things.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka

Wow.
Please, 1/2 the Republican field are moderates that would keep 80% of Obama's policies and the other 1/2 are unelectable.

Aug 22, 2011

Wow.
I simply can't believe that the people will re-elect the person who presided over the second worst economic period in american history, even if he does have the lib media shilling for him all the way. It'll just mean the country's first eight-year recession. Will he still be blaming Bush in 2016? How can people believe that the way out of the economic downturn is to raise taxes, create hyper-regulation, and in general prosecute a war against business? One might as well believe that the way to cure a cold is cut your leg off, burn yourself with a welding torch, and pound a nail in your head. I've always been amused by people who hoist themselves on their own petard, but if the legions of militantly ignorant obamabot koolaid suckers prevail they are going to drag ME down with them.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
I simply can't believe that the people will re-elect the person who presided over the second worst economic period in american history, even if he does have the lib media shilling for him all the way. It'll just mean the country's first eight-year recession. Will he still be blaming Bush in 2016? How can people believe that the way out of the economic downturn is to raise taxes, create hyper-regulation, and in general prosecute a war against business? One might as well believe that the way to cure a cold is cut your leg off, burn yourself with a welding torch, and pound a nail in your head. I've always been amused by people who hoist themselves on their own petard, but if the legions of militantly ignorant obamabot koolaid suckers prevail they are going to drag ME down with them.
We're not in recession. Employment is on the rise (slowly). Companies are making record profits. The stock market is up more then i's down. Taxes are lower for everyone. he only differences between Reagan and Obama are the skin color, name and letter next to the name.

Aug 31, 2011
California
I simply can't believe that the people will re-elect the person who presided over the second worst economic period in american history.............
They are robots. They don't care one bit about truth or facts, they are party purists. If Obama declared today that he were Satan himself they would STILL vote for him. Its like how Hitler mesmerized so many Germans and they followed him right over the cliff. Its frightening

myp

Site Founder
Jan 14, 2009
They are robots. They don't care one bit about truth or facts, they are party purists. If Obama declared today that he were Satan himself they would STILL vote for him. Its like how Hitler mesmerized so many Germans and they followed him right over the cliff. Its frightening
It's frightening that you think Obama is comparable to Hitler.

Oct 5, 2011
Waco Georgia business owner is a Wacko ...

'Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone'
Source: http://www.11alive.com/news/article/214228/3/Company-Policy-We-are-not-hiring-until-Obama-is-gone

WACO, Ga. -- A west Georgia business owner is stirring up controversy with signs he posted on his company's trucks, for all to see as the trucks roll up and down roads, highways and interstates:

"New Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone."

"Can't afford it," explained the employer, Bill Looman, Tuesday evening. "I've got people that I want to hire now, but I just can't afford it. And I don't foresee that I'll be able to afford it unless some things change in D.C." ..........<SNIP>

Rest of story: http://www.11alive.com/news/article/214228/3/Company-Policy-We-are-not-hiring-until-Obama-is-gone
Wacko does not speak for all US businesses which are busy outsourcing for cheap labor. No body will hire local candidates because that is more expensive for them to remain competitive globally. OWS is echoing that sentiment. Young graduates are spending $40-50K/yr for 4 years to find out that they are not needed. US businesses are making the country's work force obsolete by doing this since they want to be profitable/competitive. There is no hope... Dems OR Repugs.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2011
California
It's frightening that you think Obama is comparable to Hitler.
Its frightening that you can't properly read my post.

I was comparing how PEOPLE blindly follow a leader even when the leaders do bad things. The comparison is of that mindset of followers, not of Obama and Hitler.