Do you believe in ghosts????

chris7375

Secretary of State
Jun 11, 2012
Stuart
Isn't it all set up? I cannot believe how much convenient "evidence" they find on EVERY show...
Never said I believed the show anymore. Though in the beginning when it first started they found a haunting hardly ever. Most of the time they would debunk it as natural things the hose or whatever they were in did.
I stopped watching when it became apparent the studio became more involved and it was changed for rating stunts. More houses were found to be haunted and more crap happened that seemed more unbelievable then believable.

Jan 6, 2013
I believe in Karma...that basically when you are a good person...you tend to get lucky. Not sure why it should work.

Otherwise..NOT superstitious and not into myths ( ghosts,demons,vampires,zombies...whatever) Reality is complicated enough without worrying about the non-existant.

I do tell people that hummingbirds ARE angels. Don't actually believe it though.

May 23, 2012
on Earth
I believe in Karma...that basically when you are a good person...you tend to get lucky. Not sure why it should work.
I totally believe in positive and negative "energy" and that people can attract either one by their actions. I suppose you can call this karma...

Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
et al,

I don't believe in anything supernatural or magical.

Most Respectfully,
R
Who does? But we are faced with the need to define, and to ask if we currently know everything about 'nature' (whatever that might be), and reality in general. An open mind is not a bad thing, in my opinion.

myp

Site Founder
Jan 14, 2009
Who does? But we are faced with the need to define, and to ask if we currently know everything about 'nature' (whatever that might be), and reality in general. An open mind is not a bad thing, in my opinion.
There is a difference between being open to the possibility and believing.

Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
There is a difference between being open to the possibility and believing.
Agreed. Rationally I am extremely dubious, but I've had a few experiences that I can't explain, though they could be mere coincidence, hallucination or whatever. I think this is an area where all sorts of forces are working on us and stopping our evaluating our experiences rationally, one way or another. I don't like people beating me over the head with certainties, I suppose.

Jan 6, 2012
Texas
et al,

I don't believe in anything supernatural or magical.

Most Respectfully,
R
They may not be magical, I have come to understand magical our super natural to mean things which science can't explain. Sure those things exist.

Jul 26, 2009
Opa Locka
They may not be magical, I have come to understand magical our super natural to mean things which science can't explain. Sure those things exist.
That's what magic is though isn't it, science without theory? That's really the only difference between a medieval alchemist and a modern chemist or witch and doctor after all. The supernatural is still natural, just beyond explanation. Even a god, if it exists, can be explained with science so long as that science is sufficiently advanced (to use a pop culture example, the Ori of Stargate being intelligent, organic energy).

Jan 6, 2012
Texas
That's what magic is though isn't it, science without theory? That's really the only difference between a medieval alchemist and a modern chemist or witch and doctor after all. The supernatural is still natural, just beyond explanation. Even a god, if it exists, can be explained with science so long as that science is sufficiently advanced (to use a pop culture example, the Ori of Stargate being intelligent, organic energy).
Exactly, there's no such thing as supernatural, just things outside of or comprehension. I agree completely, God is perfectly natural just a means to prove a God exists hasn't been created or discovered.

Mar 5, 2011
Rhondda, Cymru
Magic developed long before science, and religion developed out so magic, also long before science. It seems unlikely that current science explains everything (which is why I object to the bullying tone some scientists adopt), but it seems unlikely that the bits it misses should just happen to be archaic beliefs, surely?

myp

Site Founder
Jan 14, 2009
Magic developed long before science, and religion developed out so magic, also long before science. It seems unlikely that current science explains everything (which is why I object to the bullying tone some scientists adopt), but it seems unlikely that the bits it misses should just happen to be archaic beliefs, surely?
Bingo. Scientific procedure would say the things we don't know, we don't know, not that the things we don't know are magic, supernatural, God, or whatever. Those things could possibly be hypotheses in some cases, but not a conclusion without the appropriate evidence that turns that hypothesis into conclusion. One doesn't blindly believe in hypotheses as results.

May 29, 2013
philippines
There are no ghosts on earth, nor a spirit of a loved one, a friend, etc. The Bible says that once one is dead, his spirit would not be able to interact with the living. These 'ghosts you see or hear about are demons or bad spirits who wish to inflict fear and terrorize over the living souls. But rejoice, if you were able to see these things, if you became aware that these spirits are real, what more of God?

May 23, 2012
on Earth
There are no ghosts on earth, nor a spirit of a loved one, a friend, etc. The Bible says that once one is dead, his spirit would not be able to interact with the living. These 'ghosts you see or hear about are demons or bad spirits who wish to inflict fear and terrorize over the living souls. But rejoice, if you were able to see these things, if you became aware that these spirits are real, what more of God?
Do you believe this because the Bible says so, or because YOU believe it? Independent thought is very important, esp. in the midst of so many falsehoods.

Aug 9, 2012
North Texas
Well this forum is for those people who believe in ghosts,people must share their experience with any ghost or supernatural power,if they had any.I have an experience but not with a ghost,it was sort of supernatural power,all in all i do believe in ghosts,what about you.?
No, but I had a near death experience almost 40 years ago when I was almost 18.