do you believe in the possibility of time travel?

Nov 2017
FL Treasure Coast & South Central FL
The video: The guy is obviously a Bernie Sanders fan with quite an imagination!

Time travel in general: In order to time travel, on wouldst have to travel faster than the speed of light, which in reality is the fastest speed possible. So, no it is not even remotely possible.

Last edited:
Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
I think that we'd all like to think that some day, time travel will be possible. Think of all the complications that it could cause. It would certainly eliminate the lottery and sports betting.

Nov 2017
I think that we'd all like to think that some day, time travel will be possible. Think of all the complications that it could cause. It would certainly eliminate the lottery and sports betting.
But it would have to either have always been available, or never available. If it was available in the future, then the futurites would have gone into the past, making it available in the past.

Oct 2012
NC
Then that guy in the video could not have come back to tell his "story"! :D

the guy at the top has a different take than southerndad. that is ok.

my issue with it is the disruptions it would create . it would be witnessed across time unless done covertly and it would only be done covertly if controlled by powerful entities who maintained control over the ability.

p.s. please stop posting gifs to everything or at least don't post them to my threads.

Nov 2017

my issue with it is the disruptions it would create . it would be witnessed across time unless done covertly and it would only be done covertly if controlled by powerful entities who maintained control over the ability.
But such a "disruption" would not be known or noticed, as it would seem like a normal flow of events.

Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
What if someone discovered time travel, but it was only one-way, and that way was into the future. In this time, we would think their experiment failed but they would be 1 year, 10 years, 100 years in the future. If someone goes backward in time, then it would be possible for that person to disrupt everything by proving they were a time traveler and revealing things about the future.

Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
I'm quite sure that most consider the guy who is featured in that YouTube video to be a bit of a nutcase. Of course, that is because who would believe someone went to 2047 and came back?

Nov 2017
If someone goes backward in time, then it would be possible for that person to disrupt everything by proving they were a time traveler and revealing things about the future.
But if you went into the future, you would disrupt the future instead of the past. Same amount of disruption.

Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
nope.

you can't put your finger in (disrupt) a cake that hasn't been made.

you can put your finger in (disrupt) a cake that has been made.
Exactly. Even if time travel was invented, it would never be a good idea to use it to go back in time. Back to the Future, while fiction, did highlight one of the big problems. How many things could we do that would change the future, even by accident. Now let's have a little fun with this. If you could make one trip back into history and make one change, what would it be? Would you give President Lincoln a kevlar vest? Press the abort button on the Challenger space shuttle launch? Turn off the engines on the RMS Titanic? And since this is a political forum, tell Hillary to campaign in the Rust Belt?

Nov 2017
Exactly. Even if time travel was invented, it would never be a good idea to use it to go back in time. Back to the Future, while fiction, did highlight one of the big problems. How many things could we do that would change the future, even by accident. Now let's have a little fun with this. If you could make one trip back into history and make one change, what would it be? Would you give President Lincoln a kevlar vest? Press the abort button on the Challenger space shuttle launch? Turn off the engines on the RMS Titanic? And since this is a political forum, tell Hillary to campaign in the Rust Belt?
No, but I would tell myself in 1980 to not buy the 1972 Honda 600 I bought for $1,000, and the timing chain wore thru the block, and I ended up sell it for $167 a fairly short time later.

Aug 2018
Shady Dale, Georgia
No, but I would tell myself in 1980 to not buy the 1972 Honda 600 I bought for $1,000, and the timing chain wore thru the block, and I ended up sell it for $167 a fairly short time later.
Great post, Ralph47. Now let's think about what that post might change for you? Did that 1972 Honda break down in front of the girl who became your wife's house? Did you meet a new mechanic because of it? Can you think of anything that would have been changed going forward if you had bought a used 1975 AMC Gremlin on that day instead of a Honda?

Nov 2017
Great post, Ralph47. Now let's think about what that post might change for you? Did that 1972 Honda break down in front of the girl who became your wife's house? Did you meet a new mechanic because of it? Can you think of anything that would have been changed going forward if you had bought a used 1975 AMC Gremlin on that day instead of a Honda?
I DID have a 76 Gremlin prior, so I've been there done that.

Nov 2017
I had a Gremlin X. That sucker had a 360 in it. I do not know what AMC was thinking putting that much power in a small car like that.
Mine had the 232 I-6. I'd be going down the highway, when the engine would suddenly quit. I'd pull over, turn off key & turn back on & it would restart, and I'd be back on my way.