Do you think God has ever helped you?

Even though I am conservative, I have a question to religion people.
I do not mean to offend by this question but I am just wondering:

Does anybody believe that their has been any kind of personal divine intervention in their lives?

And I mean this seriously, think about it long and hard. Do you think in that situation that it was some kind of coincidence or do you actually believe in supernatural help?

omej

Founding Father
Jan 9, 2013
Delaware

Does anybody believe that their has been any kind of personal divine intervention in their lives?

And I mean this seriously, think about it long and hard. Do you think in that situation that it was some kind of coincidence or do you actually believe in supernatural help?

I think you meant to say you are atheist. But that is still a good question. How many of you truly believe that God has helped you in one way or another?

Jan 17, 2009
Yes, God has helped me every day of my life! I truly do believe that God is real, mostly because of my religion, but there weren't any "supernatural" things that happened in my life to think to prove that to anyone.

Every religion is a BELIEF, and I don't think you can prove a belief, unless the "God" really comes down to earth. That's what Jesus did, and yet there are still people that don't believe it, what more do you want? Why do you think it's the top religion on the planet? Probably because most people saw him there, and know he's real.

There are many things that he did to help me in life, but the number one thing is the life after death! D:

Jan 17, 2009
I definitely have had some sort of positive divine intervention in my life.

I've gotten some good jobs that were not by chance, as well as some people I've met. For instance, when I started college there was a guy who randomly talked to me as we ended up sitting together during orientation. So we had a brief conversation and that was that. Eventually we became good friends once class actually started as we had several classes together.

omej

Founding Father
Jan 9, 2013
Delaware
Yes, God has helped me every day of my life! I truly do believe that God is real, mostly because of my religion, but there weren't any "supernatural" things that happened in my life to think to prove that to anyone.

Every religion is a BELIEF, and I don't think you can prove a belief, unless the "God" really comes down to earth. That's what Jesus did, and yet there are still people that don't believe it, what more do you want? Why do you think it's the top religion on the planet? Probably because most people saw him there, and know he's real.

There are many things that he did to help me in life, but the number one thing is the life after death! D:
But people were superstitious back then.

Imagine if somebody tried to create a religion now. Now that we have laboratories that can actually test "powers" and miracles, they would be laughed all the way to the insane asylum. There will never be any more serious religions simply because the world has evolved.

Jan 24, 2009
When i was in bed (for 2 years) and not that far from death from a parasitic bacteria , i finally gave it to god but i prayed and asked him to give me a chance to make an impact in some way. It was a race against time as I was losing weight fast and the medication I was taking was poisonous to my internal organs when taken for more then 2 weeks and it was 2 years of going on it and off of it because It was a bacterial war inside me as the medication was also a bacteria. I finally asked god to give me the strength to take the meds for 4 weeks and whatever would happen , would happen. I took the meds for 4 weeks and slowly recovered from my illness. Now I will not let a friend ever suffer alone or be alone and I will never let them fail in life in any way. God was there for me when I was close to death and he gave me a great gift that I never knew on this level. EMPATHY and COMPASSION.:)

Mar 15, 2009
But people were superstitious back then.

Imagine if somebody tried to create a religion now. Now that we have laboratories that can actually test "powers" and miracles, they would be laughed all the way to the insane asylum. There will never be any more serious religions simply because the world has evolved.
Care to explain that, or is that just some blind reason to how religions could have been created, if God was not real?

No intention at all to any offense, I just find that very, well, intriguing.

Mar 15, 2009
This is all assuming that there is a god - which for the record, I don't believe.

No god has never helped me. For me to admit that god has helped me would be for me to admit that I'm more important than those that suffer - and I just don't believe that's the case. It's much easier for me to believe that no god exists - at least not he one described in the bible.

Nov 24, 2016
Victoria, BC
'
I am a dedicated atheist, but I have found that, if one's heart is pure, the information processing activity inherent in the Quantum Vacuum favors actions and thoughts that increase the developing Awareness of the Universe.

Oct 25, 2012
Louisville, Ky

If "God" is replaced with "Karma" then Yes.

I cannot really consider Karma to be "Supernatural" though as it seems a natural reality.