Epiphany On "Existence"

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
I just had an epiphany about something I was blissfully oblivious to, and most people are probably too.

Food for thought: after one's existence, they are exactly the same as before it. Therefore it meant absolutely nothing. :oops:

Some would argue that one made a difference in others, so what I say is not true. But when others are gone, their existence too meant nothing, so therefore one's influence on others in reality also meant nothing.

Any thoughts?

Oct 2012
NC
This might be true if there was nothing eternal, no soul, no God, no afterlife. Thankfully there is.

Dec 2018
Tempe, AZ
This might be true if there was nothing eternal, no soul, no God, no afterlife. Thankfully there is.
It would be clearly revealed if true.

My philosophy goes hand in hand with the meaning of life, which is: The meaning of life is to search for the meaning of life. Once you found it (i.e. found that the meaning of life is only to attempt to find the meaning of life), it is pretty much over. :oops:

Oct 2012
NC
Why would be that only certain elite individuals would be informed? It would/should be clear to all or none.
I think all have the capacity to be informed. for some it may be hard to admit that they have been looking in the wrong direction for so long.

Oct 2012
NC
one can listen open mindedly to evidence or God or they can try to debate against it.

one approach is receptive the other is to turn their back on the possibility . these are two different directions to look or not look.

Oct 2012
Louisville, Ky
one can listen open mindedly to evidence or God or they can try to debate against it.

one approach is receptive the other is to turn their back on the possibility . these are two different directions to look or not look.
One can also do both, as in study up on religion and God and make a decision on validity. The perceived negativity is merely that individual debating data presented that they have found lacking...this is where "Persecution Complex" usually comes into play and debate is seen as attack.