Euro zone split fears grow as Italy yields soar

myp

Site Founder
Jan 14, 2009
Italy's 10 year passed 7 percent today, a point considered by much of the market to be unsustainable. As a result, there is increased fears of Italy needing a bailout, but of course the problem is that the bailout fund is not big enough for Italy. Fears of a Euro zone split are growing as Greece continues to struggle and Italy's problems will make things much harder.

Oct 5, 2011
Pillars of capitalism are falling apart one by one. Next will be Spain, Portugal, Ireland, .. US, China...
Fannie Mae asking for another $8B bailout. Alabama Jefferson county declaring bankruptcy unable to pay $4.1B in debt. There are many such counties across US which are close to bankruptcy. Time to move to Jupiter :)

Mar 24, 2009
Undisclosed
Pillars of capitalism are falling apart one by one. Next will be Spain, Portugal, Ireland, .. US, China...
Fannie Mae asking for another $8B bailout. Alabama Jefferson county declaring bankruptcy unable to pay $4.1B in debt. There are many such counties across US which are close to bankruptcy. Time to move to Jupiter :)
No surprise. If your boat is floating and mine is sinking, and you tie my boat to yours we both may sink. And they have too many sinking boats to be safe.

I will finish by saying I don't believe the "too big to fail" crap will work. It is not good for any person, company, or country to feel they are to big to fail. It clouds their judgment and they make bad decisions.

Last edited:

myp

Site Founder
Jan 14, 2009
You realize that all of the institutions/firms you just listed are all GOVERNMENT owned or government itself, right?

Oh and Ireland and Portugal already happened ;)