Fed up with your country? Create your own!

deanhills

Secretary of State
Mar 15, 2009
Thought this was an interesting article in Yahoo!News:
Some boast their own currencies, constitutions, stamps and visas. Many exist solely in the minds of their makers; others range from a London apartment, to a patch of Outback farmland, to a rusty military base in the North Sea. They are created out of frustration with the establishment, or to prove a political point, or to just get a few laughs.

Technology has brought them out of isolation, with the Internet transforming some nations of one into global communities of thousands. Last month, a Sydney university sponsored a micronations conference, the first of its kind in Australia, a hotbed of do-it-yourself countries. Travel guru Lonely Planet has even published a guidebook: Micronations: The Lonely Planet Guide to Home-Made Nations.

These self-appointed rulers fit no universal definition, and really, that's the point. In a world where people often are defined by their countries, these are countries defined by their people.

For some micronationalists, it is about taking their identities back from the state; for others it's about righting a perceived wrong. At the heart of the movement, though, is modern individualism, says sociologist Judy Lattas.

Mar 19, 2009
Philippines
Well, creating another country is very hard. Even if 'm fed-up with my country, I will never create my own.
It will just became the source of a major headache.

Mar 19, 2009
Philippines
According to the article it seems that we are living in a fantasy world or dreaming..!!
Well, we can create our own country via video games like SIM City and many more.
These games also simulate some problems leaders of the country faces.